Recent Topics

Ads

BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
ScumFM

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#41 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 pm

It's not unreasonable to feel that BW is doing sub-par damage, especially considering the drawbacks. The backlash mechanic is harsh, with 750 undefendable, unmitigatable damage done to the caster. It seems to me Magus/Engi and dps AM/Sham can do similar ST burst to the BW/Sorc and they do not have to eat the damage equivalent of an m4 to do that.

Now that the dummies report burst damage, it should be easier to compare the classes in that regard.

Ads
Toggle

Post#42 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:10 pm
mix12388 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:06 pm I've had BWs hit me up to 2.8k crits.. whatchumean
Timestamps take at least a few seconds to prepare and being able to freecast. You can see it coming and prevent.
You mean like the dps shaman burst rotation that requires 3 dots and a 2 sec cast prior to the channeled ability?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

wonshot

Post#43 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Well mostly because i got curious to see the timestamp burst on Costructs, since someone posted a high number in the Meatball topic, i did 3 timestamps on the constuct and then for absolute meme value tested what a pure RoF would look like.

Knock yourselves out with this if we are aiming for 10pages.
https://imgur.com/a/OA2wzlN

#edit: done in same gear as the pve-dummy built, 4ons, 4 offensive sove. (usually use 6sove,2sent,2vanq for scs)
Last edited by wonshot on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Toggle

Post#44 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 pm Well mostly because i got curious to see the timestamp burst on Costructs, since someone posted a high number in the Meatball topic, i did 3 timestamps on the constuct and then for absolute meme value tested what a pure RoF would look like.

You’re full sov, correct? I want to test out dps shammy when I get home today. Just want an idea of the difference I will be looking at gear wise. Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

lyncher12

Post#45 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm

if anything BW needs a NERF. 1 in 2 players on order are a bw or have a bw and they all do the same shitty thing of spamming rof (which stacks) and are fine getting 3 invader from a fort because they are too garbage to function in city.

rodomeier

Post#46 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:06 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm if anything BW needs a NERF. 1 in 2 players on order are a bw or have a bw and they all do the same shitty thing of spamming rof (which stacks) and are fine getting 3 invader from a fort because they are too garbage to function in city.
My sensors detect salt on your feedback

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

paperclipdog

Post#47 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:11 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 pm Well mostly because i got curious to see the timestamp burst on Costructs, since someone posted a high number in the Meatball topic, i did 3 timestamps on the constuct and then for absolute meme value tested what a pure RoF would look like.

#edit: done in same gear as the pve-dummy built, 4ons, 4 offensive sove. (usually use 6sove,2sent,2vanq for scs)
Could you elaborate on the conditions of that test? I can reach way higher timestamps on my magus with a snipe rotation at max range but it's really unrealistic to ever get that off except from walls.
Rotations that I can reasonably pull off have significantly lower 3s Burst than what you show in your screenshot.

wonshot

Post#48 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:17 pm

paperclipdog wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Could you elaborate on the conditions of that test? I can reach way higher timestamps on my magus with a snipe rotation but it's really unrealistic to ever get that off.
Rotations that I can reasonably pull off have significantly lower 3s Burst than what you show in your screenshot.
Alright, so on my first screenshot in the other topic about record for killing the construct asap I made a specific build for doing so, a build that would only work for this one situation and added as much cheese on top as i could think of...

Now this screenshot i posted here, was just the very standard pvp bw timestamp rotation i wanted to see, how much the highest 3sec spike would look like. The overall killspeed of the rest of the encounter is not impressive because the backloaded playstyle of these snap-shot timestamps are based around pretty much oneshotting the target when all of the spells hit within 1-3sec of eachother.
So yeah if you go for a targetdummy kill rotation you might reach higher 3sec spike burst, but i wanted to see the 3sec realistic(as realistic as it can get on a dummy and not a player) timestamp burst. Now it would be interesting to add a sorc timestamp on top and see if they are indeed this "way stronger" singletarget monster over Bw.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
TreefAM

Post#49 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Highest 3sec burst I had on my sorc was 7.6k, but I'm still in vanq with the influence wep.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#50 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:26 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm if anything BW needs a NERF. 1 in 2 players on order are a bw or have a bw and they all do the same shitty thing of spamming rof (which stacks) and are fine getting 3 invader from a fort because they are too garbage to function in city.
Did you just confirm my post? You're basically saying that BW's are suboptimal for anything else other than spamming RoF, which is exactly my point.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld