Recent Topics

Ads

BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
marafado
Suspended

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#111 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:02 pm

a disciple of "Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld" killed by a "shitty DPS shaman". How is that possible !??

i see your pain, you do well to share it in forum. im sure big dady devs will think a good punishement for this "shitty DPS shaman".

Ads
StrongUn

Post#112 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Yes, solo BW/Sorc are free renown for solo dps AM/Shaman.

Rapzel

Post#113 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm
Oglaf wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm
Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:23 am The class that sacrifices everything for high damage doesn't actually do that much damage compared to other classes in the current state of the game.
Just look at this numbers. It's really disheartening.
Even some shitty DPS shaman deals more damage with a press of 1 button. While being able to heal and having mountainloads of utility.
And yet you do better than Sorcs in comparison to AMs. :lol:
I assume Sorcs suffer even more when it comes to facing dps ams, because they have no cleanse. But at the same time they have somewhat easier life, because order has less pulls. 1 less pull and WL pull being less effective and more telegraphed than Mara pull.
1st of all WL fetch is way easier to get off than mara pull.
2nd there's a long blue line between you and the mara when he pulls you, what the f are you talking about?
3rd Order has 3 pounce like abilities, destro has 1, making gap closing if not easier at least equally easy.

teiloh

Post#114 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm 1st of all WL fetch is way easier to get off than mara pull.
2nd there's a long blue line between you and the mara when he pulls you, what the f are you talking about?
3rd Order has 3 pounce like abilities, destro has 1, making gap closing if not easier at least equally easy.
1. no it isn't. The WL requires a pet, the pet has to get to you, and then the WL needs to maintain distance between himself and the pet. Because WL pet damage has been destroyed outside of a tiny control radius, this requires major sacrifice. Then there's loner.
2. there's a fat white lion between you and the WL when he pulls. Very obvious.
3. Destro has 6 speed buffs vs Order's 1 (SH has 3, Shaman has 1, Chosen has 1, WE has 1) tactics and abilities, how about that for "gap closers", the make-believe category of abilities Destro invented so they can pretend they're underpowered and argue for undeserved buffs?

Onigokko0101

Post#115 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm

I assume Sorcs suffer even more when it comes to facing dps ams, because they have no cleanse. But at the same time they have somewhat easier life, because order has less pulls. 1 less pull and WL pull being less effective and more telegraphed than Mara pull.
Mara pounce when
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

teiloh

Post#116 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:24 pm

WL/AM Run Away! when

Nishka
Suspended

Post#117 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Fetch is easier to to get off than pull? You're like... Serious here?
You can see fetch coming at you from miles away and prepare counter measures. If you see a lion slowly running towards you, you can run behind cover, get out of range, use any form of cc on the lion or just outright kill him.
Meanwhile against pull you have 2 seconds to defend yourself with 2 options available: run behind cover or run away. Mara will most likely run towards you while preparing his pull, so you probably won't be able to get enough distance. This leaves us with just 1 defense option. Not to mention that many maps don't even have any obstacles to hide behind.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Arbich
Suspended

Post#118 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:16 pm

lol, what a shitty thread.
Nishka failed to explain about what he was really talking about and then a whole bunch of ppl which can´t think outside the box and mock him.
On page 8(!) almost the first response that is well thought through by counttalabecland (there were a few decent ones in between all the other crap).

AM and especially shaman do have an edge over BW/Sorc, due to the point counttalabecland made.
I would argue that even in city (where the strong AoE of BW/Sorc could shine), bringing a whole bunch of them isnt the winning strategy.
BW/Sorc have a telegraphed backload dmg, which is quite easy avoidable/counterable and thats it. The dmg itself is still fine, but the lack of other tools might bring you to the conclusion that you lose too much when you bring a BW/sorc instead of another class. So what you get - the damage - might feel underwhelming in comparison to what you lose.

But I think it would be better to adress the issues why you might have this feeling (it lies within balance changes to other classes), instead of continue the endless spiral of buffing every class that feel underwhelming at the moment.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#119 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:53 pm

As the NA #11th Ranked retired single target BW I can report the burst is fine as long as you have two brain cells to string together the abilities and time stamp.

Still.... #nerfAoEBW

Dabbart

Post#120 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:26 am

Spoiler:
Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm

Fetch is easier to to get off than pull? You're like... Serious here?
You can see fetch coming at you from miles away and prepare counter measures. If you see a lion slowly running towards you, you can run behind cover, get out of range, use any form of cc on the lion or just outright kill him.
Meanwhile against pull you have 2 seconds to defend yourself with 2 options available: run behind cover or run away. Mara will most likely run towards you while preparing his pull, so you probably won't be able to get enough distance. This leaves us with just 1 defense option. Not to mention that many maps don't even have any obstacles to hide behind.
I'll get wheeled into this to cover that. Play with Tanks that understand how Interrupt and Taunt work, and you will very rarely get mara pulled. WL pull you can counter by CC/kill the Lion. Neither one is entirely game breaking, I just wish the min range on them was a little longer, better than it used to be though. #ScrewWL/MaraM1
Spoiler:
Zaxxond wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:53 pm As the NA #11th Ranked retired single target BW I can report the burst is fine as long as you have two brain cells to string together the abilities and time stamp.

Still.... #nerfAoEBW
Zaxx, answer an earlier point for me. Is BW relegated to "time-stamp or bust"? Anyone run your old DoT spec or rkd?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.