Recent Topics

Ads

Strong Community

Let's talk about... everything else
Tothmonra

Strong Community

Post#1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Yesterday during my stream I had a friend another streamer try to argue the point that the game is dead or dying. Now something I pointed out in my vod ( you can see it for yourself on my twitch channel or check out my youtube thenightstar28 which is where im about to upload this) for 3 solid hours the area I was in there was fighting over the pvp area. At one point while I was riding around I caught sight of at least a good 30 head of people fighting traveling in a pack at which point I said this game is far from dead its got a solid following an I will do what I can to help increase that. I really dislike people that want to bash on a game because they are like its dead. I went through this same thing with lotro, and that community is still going strong years after it got switched to free to play. I still support that game because way back in its early days I got to help work on it via being one of the people to go in an early access test stuff to help find bugs before release. To this day I still have my founders tag badge because they gave them out to the people who helped work on the game prior to its launch, among other things.

The point I make here is warhammer online age of reckoning has a loyal following considering the years its been running I salute you all who have help make that happen an now I turn my attention to helping spread the word an pull people in. Some of the communities I mod for on twitch number well over 4000 strong alot of them are old table top players like me that love warhammer lore so I have been spreading the word dropping the links to the site an Ill have words with anyone that speaks ill of the game or the community that supports it. At any rate thought I would share this again hats off to the whole community from the people running the server to the website guys to everyone out there we are a brotherhood of gamers who enjoy what we do.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Re: Strong Community

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:13 pm

We all slot brute force and potent talismans of the gladiator here. 👊🏼

Fenris78

Post#3 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Too strong wall of text, sorry. Appreciate the feedback but please make your input remotely readable, thanks !

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:31 pm Too strong wall of text, sorry. Appreciate the feedback but please make your input remotely readable, thanks !

I didn't have any trouble reading the original posters post, some people just like to whine, and belittle others. sure it would have been easier in proper sentence structure, however it was still readable.
Last edited by DirkDaring on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

junkxjunk

Post#5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:56 pm

the game had been diying for years according to chat and forums. it goes up and down.

Kragg

Post#6 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:10 pm

junkxjunk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:56 pm the game had been diying for years according to chat and forums. it goes up and down.
Our community has a strong core tho. If I look at my own guild it is the same. A group of people that are always there, and people who come and go. Five years and counting!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

wonshot

Post#7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Content draught is a thing, and the MMORPG genre as a whole has been fairly lackluster with no big new releases for the last many years.
Look at how much attention Bless Online got, for such a scame of a re-re-relaunch with close to no new additions from previous launches, yet the attention was massive and it just goes to show that a big mmo population is waiting out there for the next thing.

Now back to our own little server here, RoR had its crownjewel of content added in the begining of 2020 with Citysieges, tieing the campaign together into instanced even numbers battle with 3(!) new gear sets for each career. That is a lot of content and dev work being added, on scripts, stats and whatever else code goes into that addition.
But since then we havnt had much, and if we look at Age of Reckoning there is probably not too much "unseen" left to reimpliment.

That being said, the RoR devs have shown time and time again over the years, that they can build stuff up backwards, constantly improving their code and way of implimenting new pieces of art, unique looking cosmetics, and even built the Garden dueling zone as a teaser for what the future might hold. So while there is "only" Hunters Vale pve dungeon, Lost Vale pve dungeon, and the Land of the Dead expansion zone with all the PQs, vendors, gear, Tombs and finally Tomb of the Vulture lord 8 boss encounter instance with Collusus world boss, left to be implimented from the original live game. The devs on here have shown, with a bit of experimentation and trail and errors, that the server has so far been on a stable path.

I would even argue that no other MMO on the market handles largescale numbers as well as RoR does, they absolutely bypassed the AoR performance for sure!

So yeah, population might be around 700-1000 in EU prime (server peak) but that is after surviving WoW classic release, BDO, GW2 and latest the newly released WoW shadowlands expansion as direct competition.

Give it a while, wait for new content if you are burnt out, and just enjoy RoR. Because it doesnt seem to be going anywhere.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Tothmonra

Post#8 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Oh I am sorry so I am suppose to make things look how you want there fenris78. Nothing says you have to read what I post an yes while I am aware I posted a wall of text out of sentence structure if its that big of an issue by all means complain away. I really dislike people like you, it would not matter if I wrote something in full proper sentence structure you look for something to find fault with in everything. I would like to point out that nothing I say makes you read anything I post nor will I attempt to force someone to read anything that I have written. Though in my day I have won awards for writing both fiction stories as well as concerning real life matters. So what If I chose to type out something really fast without putting alot of thought into it. I was just getting out a rough thought I had at the time.

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#9 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:36 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm Content draught is a thing, and the MMORPG genre as a whole has been fairly lackluster with no big new releases for the last many years.
Look at how much attention Bless Online got, for such a scame of a re-re-relaunch with close to no new additions from previous launches, yet the attention was massive and it just goes to show that a big mmo population is waiting out there for the next thing.

Now back to our own little server here, RoR had its crownjewel of content added in the begining of 2020 with Citysieges, tieing the campaign together into instanced even numbers battle with 3(!) new gear sets for each career. That is a lot of content and dev work being added, on scripts, stats and whatever else code goes into that addition.
But since then we havnt had much, and if we look at Age of Reckoning there is probably not too much "unseen" left to reimpliment.

That being said, the RoR devs have shown time and time again over the years, that they can build stuff up backwards, constantly improving their code and way of implimenting new pieces of art, unique looking cosmetics, and even built the Garden dueling zone as a teaser for what the future might hold. So while there is "only" Hunters Vale pve dungeon, Lost Vale pve dungeon, and the Land of the Dead expansion zone with all the PQs, vendors, gear, Tombs and finally Tomb of the Vulture lord 8 boss encounter instance with Collusus world boss, left to be implimented from the original live game. The devs on here have shown, with a bit of experimentation and trail and errors, that the server has so far been on a stable path.

I would even argue that no other MMO on the market handles largescale numbers as well as RoR does, they absolutely bypassed the AoR performance for sure!

So yeah, population might be around 700-1000 in EU prime (server peak) but that is after surviving WoW classic release, BDO, GW2 and latest the newly released WoW shadowlands expansion as direct competition.

Give it a while, wait for new content if you are burnt out, and just enjoy RoR. Because it doesnt seem to be going anywhere.
Yup atm the only game on the horizon that looks promising is this game, however it is still 2 years away from launch, but if they can pull it off it could be really good, since Camelot Unchained is vaporware.

https://youtu.be/1s82xJnx1EY

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:58 pm

The current low pop is a result of WOW Shadowlands for a few weeks they will get there wow fix. Then they will trickle back it happened with classic and no doubt will happen again. Game population is up and down all the time there is enough stalwarts to keep it ticking over and with a x2 or another twitch event they will increase dramatically so im not the least worried about population.