Recent Topics

Ads

AM in City Instance not worth playing

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: AM in City Instance not worth playing

Post#71 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:35 pm Question to healing AM/sham, would changing Rezz ability to be instant, but on 10s CD with tactic changed to reduce CD to 5s and maybe add an Absorp or HoT on Rezz, enhance their usage in organized WBs?

If Insta Rezz and morale are 2 of the main reasons one would pick AM/Sham first, would giving them one of these automatically make the WB build efficient?

Having 1AM would mean they need the Rezz CD tactic, but multiple means they get the Tactic slots to be more proficient at healing or morale pump as well, while still bringing something unique.

Thoughts? Flames? Counter points?

Edit: I made a balance proposal for AM/Sham life taps a long time ago. No proposal for them has really been implemented since Aza took that final dive, so I assume(See:Pray to Mork) there are answers or ideas to the lifetap spec, they just need to be implemented properly. But who the **** knows.
Both Secrets and Wargrimnir said that the Devs will look into AM/Shaman, as well as many other classes. So I hope they will search in the Balance Forum before doing anything. Maybe the will also look at your proposal
Zputadenti

Ads
Dabbart

Post#72 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:44 pm

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Dabbart wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:35 pm Question to healing AM/sham, would changing Rezz ability to be instant, but on 10s CD with tactic changed to reduce CD to 5s and maybe add an Absorp or HoT on Rezz, enhance their usage in organized WBs?

If Insta Rezz and morale are 2 of the main reasons one would pick AM/Sham first, would giving them one of these automatically make the WB build efficient?

Having 1AM would mean they need the Rezz CD tactic, but multiple means they get the Tactic slots to be more proficient at healing or morale pump as well, while still bringing something unique.

Edit: I made a balance proposal for AM/Sham life taps a long time ago. No proposal for them has really been implemented since Aza took that final dive, so I assume(See:Pray to Mork) there are answers or ideas to the lifetap spec, they just need to be implemented properly. But who the **** knows.
Both Secrets and Wargrimnir said that the Devs will look into AM/Shaman, as well as many other classes. So I hope they will search in the Balance Forum before doing anything. Maybe the will also look at your proposal

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=26697&hilit=life+tap

There is no need to return to the proposal, as the July 20th 2018 patch basically did what I had proposed. And that proposal is horrifically out of date. I don't think the Devs need any more proposal's on the life-tap portion, I doubt that is the hold-up. I don't believe healing AM/Sham should be reliant on life-tapping. And even with Life-taps, I still would feel that RP/Z has better utility with heals, and WP/DoK will always be S Tier Healers.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#73 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:54 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:44 pm

There is no need to return to the proposal, as the July 20th 2018 patch basically did what I had proposed. And that proposal is horrifically out of date. I don't think the Devs need any more proposal's on the life-tap portion, I doubt that is the hold-up. I don't believe healing AM/Sham should be reliant on life-tapping. And even with Life-taps, I still would feel that RP/Z has better utility with heals, and WP/DoK will always be S Tier Healers.
There isn't a real hold-up, just not enough hours in each day to whip this stuff out. Keeping people pointed at a goal through completion is the tricky part, starting new balance directions comes far more naturally. Building out a proper mechanic that works with the existing client is why all the old stuff was ripped out. None of it worked right, some of it was actively causing issues with the class, and the experimental modes only existed because they didn't want to lose the actual working version of the class that we have currently. Getting ripped out was necessary, not getting put back in shortly afterward was unfortunate. We have a handful of ideas for mechanics that are more meaningful, it's just a matter of time and focus to get them built properly, which means we need to get past the Squig stuff first.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dabbart

Post#74 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:54 pm
Dabbart wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:44 pm

There isn't a real hold-up, just not enough hours in each day to whip this stuff out. Keeping people pointed at a goal through completion is the tricky part, starting new balance directions comes far more naturally. Building out a proper mechanic that works with the existing client is why all the old stuff was ripped out. None of it worked right, some of it was actively causing issues with the class, and the experimental modes only existed because they didn't want to lose the actual working version of the class that we have currently. Getting ripped out was necessary, not getting put back in shortly afterward was unfortunate. We have a handful of ideas for mechanics that are more meaningful, it's just a matter of time and focus to get them built properly, which means we need to get past the Squig stuff first.
Hold-up not meaning yall are sitting on your asses or deciding that X is more important than Y so **** Y. I love the work, and understand that there is an unfathomable amount of crap to get done. I meant hold-up as in, even Live didn't get the life-taps working as well as they do here, so it's been awhile in the making.

Please, balance every single class, zone, SC, PvE dungeon, item appearance, quest line, or whatever else you desire to work on long before any particular class or system. I ain't mad at 'cha. I'm just happy I get to /waaaagh.

And I was around for all of the .ab ex silliness and it being removed and the 2nd(or third?) dive into the class the last time it was worked on. The classes are far superior to Live(imo) so take your time, and remember to go bash some stunties every once in awhile. It's why you came to RoR in the first place.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.