Recent Topics

Ads

AM in City Instance not worth playing

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: AM in City Instance not worth playing

Post#31 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Lol at size models....comes to mind slayer and choppa...tiny dwarf vs a giant green mole...

Am/shaman are the hardest healers to play, if you cant perform well try with a lower skillcap healer => i would reccomend WP since its the best healer in game atm.

Ads
Cimba

Post#32 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:39 pm

cimator wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm I was top heals with AM on almost every city so far, BUT I had a good SM using WW on cd all the time and I go hardcore always. It doesnt really represent AM as a whole. Most pug AMs we see usually have the same heals as an SM with heal tactic.
I think it does need an overall buff, especially to make it more pug friendly.
The people you play with probably trust you. So you get placed into the high pressure groups. Try to reach top heals if you're stuck in a utility group with Engi + SW that barely take any damage. The cross heal you can pump out with WW+EoV 50 % of the time simply wont be enough to compensate for WP spaming group heals/hots 100 % of the time.

Thats a fate most AM suffer from. On top of all the other things you guys already pointed out :)

And that would be fine IMO. Not every class needs to excell at every aspect of the game. Unforunately, there isnt really another aspect of the game where heal AM excell at.

Dabbart

Post#33 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Spoiler:
Cimba wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:39 pm
cimator wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm I was top heals with AM on almost every city so far, BUT I had a good SM using WW on cd all the time and I go hardcore always. It doesnt really represent AM as a whole. Most pug AMs we see usually have the same heals as an SM with heal tactic.
The people you play with probably trust you. So you get placed into the high pressure groups. Try to reach top heals if you're stuck in a utility group with Engi + SW that barely take any damage. The cross heal you can pump out with WW+EoV 50 % of the time simply wont be enough to compensate for WP spaming group heals/hots 100 % of the time.

Thats a fate most AM suffer from. On top of all the other things you guys already pointed out :)

And that would be fine IMO. Not every class needs to excell at every aspect of the game. Unforunately, there isnt really another aspect of the game where heal AM excell at.
I disagree with the end of that entirely. Small man gameplay, Sham/AP are excellent. 6man they are great, and for kite groups they perform even better. Obviously, sham better in Kite groups, but Puddle, ST heal spike, and life-taps make AMs desired.

Even 12man or WBs can play with a bunch of AM/Shams really, really well in ORvR. But in City they lag quite noticeably. Edit: In my experience and IMO, both of which are quite clearly wrong.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

PlagueMonk

Post#34 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:21 am There is a big problem when it comes to playing AM in City instance whereby they are always focused and targeted first, partly because they are insta res but also they have very few escape tools, lightly armoured and are interrupted easily while standing out due to their model. This has got so bad that many high rr AM I know say they just won't play City any more because it is just too rough and no fun and many new players will give up after a few instances, it is just constant focus and death.

Compare this to the life of the Shaman, who due to their insane survivability and kiting tools with small model it is easy to survive and provide the resing and puddle tools they are brought for while also given the space and time to put out good healing.

This is a big disparity and imbalance between the factions as in tight fights the ability to res quickly in one of the most important factors and while there are a swarm of Shammies happily playing City this isn't the case for AM. Not sure exactly what can be done but something needs to happen to balance the survivability between AM and Shaman in City as right now it is a big imbalance, one is focussed and killed first while the other is focused last, that is the massive difference in survivability.
I don't know about killed first, as a WP last night alone I seemed to always be the one pulled back into the Orc meat grinder and insta killed. Happened to me 4 times. Maybe it's the fact that I need to be closer to the front line for my best heals to work but I ended up dead first most of the time.
Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:49 am I've played both. I've played every healer. Every class has escape tools.
Wait, every healer class has escape tools? What exactly are the WPs? Having a weak shield or a morale shield that has to be up? About the only tools a WP has are survivability like making themselves immune to roots/snares (which I can't justify taking over Rampaging Siphon) and an AoE detaunt, neither of which are "escape" tools like a shammy has access to. My, 'on the go' heals cannot match being pounded on by 2+ people chasing me and I will be punt killed, KD, or disabled LONG before I get to use any of the tools I have at my disposal.
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starx

Post#35 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Panodil wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:55 pm
Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm Please. Show me 1 SS of an AM/Sham top healer in a city organized group.
All that leaky been in. but maybe just him being godmode healer.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Not saving screens, just latest i found on discord.
But yea hes almost always top on any healer, so does not represent most am/shamans
>using a 300-1 assrape as evidence

Oh no no no :joy:

The whole point is AM doesn't deal with pressure, sure you can heal amazing on AM/Shaman when your in an instance like that and can just pump out 24 man life taps unimpeded all 3 stages. Show us a close city where an AM does that. I've only seen a handful o shamans who do can do it.

Cimba

Post#36 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:44 pm [I disagree with the end of that entirely. Small man gameplay, Sham/AP are excellent. 6man they are great, and for kite groups they perform even better. Obviously, sham better in Kite groups, but Puddle, ST heal spike, and life-taps make AMs desired.

Even 12man or WBs can play with a bunch of AM/Shams really, really well in ORvR. But in City they lag quite noticeably. Edit: In my experience and IMO, both of which are quite clearly wrong.
Let me rephrase my statement: There isnt really another aspect of the game where AM would be the first/obvious choice.

The exception might be 6on6 tripple pounce groups. Thats one niche in which AM might actually be better than WP: However, morale dumps have been nerfed, and so has one of the larger arguments for the AM.

Anyway, its kind of pointles to argue. All the things you have listed have been discussed before at length (in the last 10 heal AM threads).

Ysaran

Post#37 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Cimba wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:39 pm

High pressure group or not doesn't matter. FODG/Energy of Vaul heals out of party
Zputadenti

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:22 pm

The problem of AMs is that WPs are too good to replace them...WP+WP or WP+ZE will perfom better than any of these combos with AMs.

Exactly the same happens with shamans (EXACTLY).

out of premades, wb leaders only invite shm/am if there is any other healer available.

Ads
Cimba

Post#39 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:41 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm High pressure group or not doesn't matter. FODG/Energy of Vaul heals out of party
And what excatly do you do when EoV/FODG is on cooldown? Shamans might have the luxury of having near constant cooldown reducers. On order it looks quite different. Do you seriously suggest that you will outheal a WP with an EoV every 5 seconds?

adapter
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Cities are not worth playing, unless you need the gear.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon