Recent Topics

Ads

How do you feel about Squig herders now?

Let's talk about... everything else
Nishka
Suspended

Re: How do you feel about Squig herders now?

Post#51 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:19 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:14 pm I mean...THATS not called for...
Destros have been doing nothing but whining since the launch of the game. Whining about WL's, MUH RAMPAGE, BW's, SW's, engineers, KOTBS, everything. And they keep whining even when their faction got nothing but buffs the last few patches, is dominating in numbers, rr and gear and attacking forts pretty much 24/7. Pathetic.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
JarlBerzirk

Post#52 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Destros have been doing nothing but whining since the launch of the game. Whining about WL's, MUH RAMPAGE, BW's, SW's, engineers, KOTBS, everything. And they keep whining even when their faction got nothing but buffs the last few patches, is dominating in numbers, rr and gear and attacking forts pretty much 24/7. Pathetic.
I mean...order does the same thing...just because you are pointing out that one group does something doesn't A. Make it magically okay for the other side to do it or B. Make it imaginary that only one side does it. Both sides complain. Everyone complains. Stop acting so holier than thou.

JarlBerzirk

Post#53 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:27 pm

And before you start saying some crap like "hurr durr typical destro response" i play both sides. Curb yourself.

Neverever

Post#54 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:19 pm
I wonder how long more it will take a moderator with some sense to prevent you from trolling every single thread by parroting the same nonsense. Fingers crossed.

Foltestik

Post#55 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Neverever wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:55 pm
I wonder how long more it will take a moderator with some sense to prevent you from trolling every single thread by parroting the same nonsense. Fingers crossed.
sadly i think this guy isnt trolling, its just casual RoR player like many. Solo player, with crapy spec/gear, half brain off, watching netflix when playing. And when get kill ... fast go cry to forum. It doesnt matter order / destro both side have plenty this players. (sadly :( )

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#56 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm

TL;DR Don't bother reading this post and continue bickering for the popcorn value. Clicks and views, just be respectful.

I'll just say it's mostly a waste of time to try and make balance arguments from the sort of perspectives that try to call out unfairness between the realms. We look at classes individually first, then how they affect their own realm. It doesn't matter how good say a Witch Elf is compared to a Witch Hunter, they don't play on the same team, they're not competing with each other for a spot. Differences between the two classes are encouraged, the outcomes we're interested in are how they perform in regards to their own role from their realms perspective.

It's pretty clear at no point during original design of these classes that anything was mirrored just by the ratios that each ability uses for damage. There's simply too much variance between abilities, whether thats in damage output, stat ratios, or utility effectiveness. The classes just aren't mirrored that way. If your class is underperforming, complaining about your counterpart is pointless. If you died in PvP, play the class, and evaluate how it was done from their perspective. Complaining about it on the forums is lazy.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nishka
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm TL;DR Don't bother reading this post and continue bickering for the popcorn value. Clicks and views, just be respectful.

I'll just say it's mostly a waste of time to try and make balance arguments from the sort of perspectives that try to call out unfairness between the realms. We look at classes individually first, then how they affect their own realm. It doesn't matter how good say a Witch Elf is compared to a Witch Hunter, they don't play on the same team, they're not competing with each other for a spot. Differences between the two classes are encouraged, the outcomes we're interested in are how they perform in regards to their own role from their realms perspective.

It's pretty clear at no point during original design of these classes that anything was mirrored just by the ratios that each ability uses for damage. There's simply too much variance between abilities, whether thats in damage output, stat ratios, or utility effectiveness. The classes just aren't mirrored that way. If your class is underperforming, complaining about your counterpart is pointless. If you died in PvP, play the class, and evaluate how it was done from their perspective. Complaining about it on the forums is lazy.
I try to stay reasonably civil. All I ever said was directed towards the class/faction as a whole. I never attacked any destro personally, yet they keep insulting me as a person.
Anyway, I don't want to stir any trouble so I guess I will stay out of the forum for a while.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Korhill

Post#58 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm TL;DR Don't bother reading this post and continue bickering for the popcorn value. Clicks and views, just be respectful.

But I think that is exactly the problem and maybe the reason why the SH is atm the strongest class ever existed in ROR.

If Order has classes A, B and C. A and B is stronger than C. Destro has D, E and F.

Order class C is stronger than the destro classes D, E and F.

With your view you would Buff still C so they can compete with A and B. And this is a wrong approach in my opinion.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#59 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Korhill wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:08 pm

But I think that is exactly the problem and maybe the reason why the SH is atm the strongest class ever existed in ROR.

If Order has classes A, B and C. A and B is stronger than C. Destro has D, E and F.

Order class C is stronger than the destro classes D, E and F.

With your view you would Buff still C so they can compete with A and B. And this is a wrong approach in my opinion.
Or we would look to nerf A or B so they perform more closely to C.

Either way, your comparison of A/B/C to D/E/F is mostly irrelevant. Realm balance is not done by comparing classes to each other, as each realm has different strengths and advantages. Pardon any assumptions made here that are broadly disagreed with, but for example, assume that Order has a weaker melee frontline when generally compared to Destro frontline classes. If a single Order class is stronger than the Destro classes for melee frontline duty, should it be nerfed? Should all the Destro classes "worse" than it be buffed? If Destro already dominates a melee frontline situation, then it doesn't matter how strong any particular Order class is. Particularly if the Realm design for Order does not particularly favor a melee frontline as a whole.

The above statement is a supposition and example. ^^

Trying to boil it down to Realm1 class A is weaker than Realm2 class B, buff Realm1 class A, does not take nuance of what Realm2 class B is needed for in their realm. We're not interested in why Realm1 class A is weaker than Realm2 class B, we're interested in what Realm1 class A needs to do their job within their realm, in accordance with their own mastery paths, and lore or something.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Korhill

Post#60 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Or we would look to nerf A or B so they perform more closely to C.

Either way, your comparison of A/B/C to D/E/F is mostly irrelevant. Realm balance is not done by comparing classes to each other, as each realm has different strengths and advantages. Pardon any assumptions made here that are broadly disagreed with, but for example, assume that Order has a weaker melee frontline when generally compared to Destro frontline classes. If a single Order class is stronger than the Destro classes for melee frontline duty, should it be nerfed? Should all the Destro classes "worse" than it be buffed? If Destro already dominates a melee frontline situation, then it doesn't matter how strong any particular Order class is. Particularly if the Realm design for Order does not particularly favor a melee frontline as a whole.

The above statement is a supposition and example. ^^

Trying to boil it down to Realm1 class A is weaker than Realm2 class B, buff Realm1 class A, does not take nuance of what Realm2 class B is needed for in their realm. We're not interested in why Realm1 class A is weaker than Realm2 class B, we're interested in what Realm1 class A needs to do their job within their realm, in accordance with their own mastery paths, and lore or something.
[/quote]

Yes true you could also nerf A and B :)
Alright many thanks for clarification.