Recent Topics

Ads

ONE NIGHT to sell my friends on the game

Let's talk about... everything else
frogman4242

ONE NIGHT to sell my friends on the game

Post#1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm

My buddies have given me 1 5 hour player session to sell them on the game. Help me figure out how to make sure this blows their minds! (Full disclosure - I adore this freaking game and have a lvl 36 zealot)

Questions
I think I’m going to have a few Addons ready to go in a Dropbox location so they can easily add them to the game - enemy, vinyUI, anything else needed?

Leveling path
Should we do some quests and public quests to start off? My thought is this gets them familiar with their toons and then they can get a little gear and abilities. Don’t want them to do pvp at levels 1-3 and spam same button over and over. Do you agree with this plan? If so how long do we do PVE until we switch to all pvp? (Pvp is what will hook them on the game )

Activities
Should we stick with scenarios ? RVR? Split our time 50/50?

Thanks for the advice !!!
CR 40 RR 48 Zealot
CR 20 RR 20 Black Ork

Healer til i die ...

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: ONE NIGHT to sell my friends on the game

Post#2 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:47 pm

frogman4242 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm I think I’m going to have a few Addons ready to go in a Dropbox location so they can easily add them to the game - enemy, vinyUI, anything else needed?
VinyUI is a good startup, then when you join good guilds, you will often find edited addons by their dedicated members. As a simple start, to not make your friends' life hard (because they will have lots of stuff to learn) VinyUI is good.

____
frogman4242 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm Should we do some quests and public quests to start off? My thought is this gets them familiar with their toons and then they can get a little gear and abilities. Don’t want them to do pvp at levels 1-3 and spam same button over and over. Do you agree with this plan? If so how long do we do PVE until we switch to all pvp? (Pvp is what will hook them on the game )
The sole thing you should keep in mind is that your Renown Rank matters the most. Based on that fact, you will have to incline towards SCs and RvR more than a straight PvE path.
Reaching T4 with a low Renown Rank (<40) could really make your life harder. So to give you a straight answer, level up however you want, as long as you keep your Career Rank and Renown Rank equal, that's the minimum. The higher the Renown Rank while you level up, the better since you will be able to equip better gear the soonest and have more ability points to spend the soonest.

____
frogman4242 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm Activities
Should we stick with scenarios ? RVR? Split our time 50/50?
- Check the flow of the campaign (RvR). If your faction is blowing keeps apart and activity in RvR is great, go ahead and join them, capture a few keeps and try to join a fort defense/attack.
- Defending keeps, with good numbers, is a great opportunity to farm experience and renown.
- Don't forget to take the blue quests (repeatable) quests in every warcamp and keep lord, in RvR zones.

If the RvR campaign is slow/in a stalemate, head to SCs:
- Stay in your capital city, and queue in-front of the SC quests rewards NPC. So that when you win an SC, you instantly queue for another while you turn in the completed quest.
- Make sure you win the scenario while also engaging in fights, healing/protecting/doing damage in order to try and top the ladder.
- Queue for SCs as a group, it increases your winning chance as you coordinate with other players.

tl;dr: Depending on what you enjoy most, and what's more active at your current play-time, switch efficiently between SCs and RvR.

Bottom line, these are my personal advises and there are different ways to level your character efficiently and without getting bored. One thing you and your friends must understand, rushing/min-maxing could make the game boring for you. Do not burn yourselves. T1 could be boring for your friends, but if they're a group, queueing up together for SCs and teaming up for RvR is fun since they'll probably crush solo players.

Goryak

Post#3 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:04 pm

To what gamesbond said, I'll add:

If in a 5 hour session you can get them to rank 15 then you might want to consider introducing them to dungeons (Sacellum dungeons in IC in this case) since that's another aspect of the game and higher level dungeons like BB/BE have items that are pretty good like the Sentinel ring later in the game.

They'll have an idea of how dungeons work here and in the meantime, they'll get the Keeper's set which is always a nice little addition.

On the topic of dungeons, can't be bothered to log on right now and check but I do believe that you can enter higher level dungeons (Mount Gunbad, Bilerot Burrow, Bloodwrought Enclave and Bastion Stairs) at any level so you could always take them on a little tour for them to check the higher ranked dungeons which look pretty nice.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:30 pm

If you only got 1 shot with them, I'd PvE to lvl 5-6 then SCs and roam RvR lakes. Unfortunately, this game doesn't give you all your class tools until you rank up quite far. But give them a few levels and abilities and they'll get the grasp.

Choosing classes will be key. Make sure they play classes that get some fundamental stuff early, like Sorc/BW or Z/RP. I'd give them RDPS classes with you as the most experienced player on a healer, teach them how to use assist and which targets to pick. That'd be the best for a 5hr once off imo. They wont get a real grasp of what this game is at 40/60+ gameplay, but it'll still be a fun evening.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Vaul

Post#5 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:30 pm

I'd do some quests and mainly PQ until your party is L5. Then, assuming you have at least 1 healer in your party jump into Scs whilst you travel to the active T1 RvR zone. You should do well as you are working together. Hit a few more PQs if you are enjoying them and some good ones for your level are nearby. Aim to get everyone to L10 and a tactic slot plus hopefully a scenario weapon and a 2 piece armour set. You can buy some talismans/potions in advance for your friends to give them a boost. GLHF.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Gurf

Post#6 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Do some rvr in Nordland if there is population on at the time

uanaka

Post#7 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 am

Hopefully you guys are in EU time zones that way night time is still pretty active. Unfortunately if you're NA you might not be able to show them the most active and exciting of fights, especially when you are all starting off in T1.

The RVR might be dead or very one sided, but at the very least you can show them some questing, PQs, and scenarios. I would just recommend that you all play a relatively balanced group with a healer and tank to make sure you have priority queues for scenarios too.

NSKaneda

Post#8 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:46 am

1.5 hours to sell Warhammer in tier1... Much depends on what your friends played before but chaos ch2 PQ with the giant is sure a sight to behold when you're new to the game. And tier one has some beautiful maps...

I'd do few quests in Chaos / Green area just to see around and appreciate scale and the world while learning new skills. Proceed to nearest warcamp while doing PQs and few quest - this should give you enough levels and gear in 30-40 mins to enter the lakes, roam a bit and buy some renown gear - and last 15 mins for a scenario or two or, alternatively, fast T1 lair for some good looking pixels.

Quick tour of what this game has to offer :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Orgruk

Post#9 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:45 am

frogman4242 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm My buddies have given me 1 5 hour player session to sell them on the game. Help me figure out how to make sure this blows their minds!
My advice : Hide hem as much s possible the actual RvE state of the game. Maybe roll a fresh new T1 char ?
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Ugle

Post#10 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:04 am

Greenskin starter area is by far the most fun and best made. Having a group for PQ content shows the game from it better sides for newbies :)
inactive