Recent Topics

Ads

Solo ranked is a desert

Let's talk about... everything else
kryss

Re: Solo ranked is a desert

Post#11 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Krima wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:49 am order stop queing after 2 losses everyday.
I wish more players would join ranked and mixed it up a bit. It feels ranked is the same grp of 20 players every single day.

- melee shadow warrior its a disaster for 6v6s also. Destro already annoyed by that. I dont mind the burst dmg but the tankiness of the class its beyond OP.
Even if you're good, or decent, you'll often end up in a setup which is not the best, or even competitive. And this is especially true on order, so I understand why many ppl don't want to queue on our side. Some matches were interesting though (in a couple of cases we were able to win against ppl we thought they were impossible to beat). Still wins and losses are part of the game: what we are missing is the game(mode) itself :D

Ads
MMXX43

Post#12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Meh there was no pop yesterday on destro cause they were getting farmed really hard.
Saw you jumping in market while w8ing for que.
Decent hours is EU evening

Arbich
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 pm

I queued at late EU prime yesterday and had 3 matches in a bit more than an hour.
It is probably as you said, you have to queue at EU prime.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Sponn
Suspended

Post#14 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 pm

YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO HAVE INVADER TOK UNLOCK BEFORE ENTERING RANKED

/endrant

Tired of seeing people in conq enter ranked

Elemint

Post#15 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Ranked is a dessert
A delicious chocolate
Sometimes rusty nails

TanithScout

Post#16 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:20 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:55 am We understand the flaws and the disliking of the current ranked version and are currently working on a whole revamped version of ranked that will become live in early 2021.

The revamped version aims to give more incentives and unique rewards to players who participate and compete well, as well as several other newer mechanics that we prefer not announcing until we're ready to launch the newer version.
Ranked should be 0 reward (or cosmetic), MMR only, Conqueror gear only. Each SC you queue it gives you X amount of 2x Heal pots, 2xAP pots and Shield pots. No Stat/Armour/Res pots.

Otherwise its just a glorified scenario.

Edit: RR disabled too.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Sponn
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:39 pm

TanithScout wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:20 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:55 am We understand the flaws and the disliking of the current ranked version and are currently working on a whole revamped version of ranked that will become live in early 2021.

The revamped version aims to give more incentives and unique rewards to players who participate and compete well, as well as several other newer mechanics that we prefer not announcing until we're ready to launch the newer version.
Ranked should be 0 reward (or cosmetic), MMR only, Conqueror gear only. Each SC you queue it gives you X amount of 2x Heal pots, 2xAP pots and Shield pots. No Stat/Armour/Res pots.

The fix, in my humble opinion, is to go the GW2 route.

No armor allowed in ranked SC. You have 3 "Ranked SC event Items" to pick from with 3 different whole stat allocations. One for Main spec, offspec, other spec. For each class.

You can only enter wearing a "Ranked SC event item" and the game checks the spec off of the event item you have "if a WP has a DPS SC ranked event item on they are now a DPS"

Would take some time to develop and balance but it is the most..... structured way to do it, I think.

It would balance out the gear, and make people rely on class knowledge and build speccing.

agemennon675

Post#18 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:19 am

TanithScout wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:20 pm

This is the only way to make ranked skill based instead of gear based, only thing that make me not play ranked is gear+consumable+talisman gap vs veterans
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
yacoucou

Post#19 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:55 am

This is the only way to make ranked skill based instead of gear based, only thing that make me not play ranked is gear+consumable+talisman gap vs veterans
That's maybe the goal of ranked "competitive" matches isnt it ?
Get the min RR to spec well, get the min stuff to properly do your role in team, get the minimum tools (pots/absorb) to survive ...
Am i wrong or just a dreamer ...
Actually if you dont wanna make that effort, why taging ranked ? Going to look for 2 bis items ?
If thats for coming naked, bad speced and without any pots, well, you dont deserve it man ... Just join the "bang orvr bus" or regular scs and skip this marginal part of game ...

But i may be a dreamer ... back to hello kitty online !
Yacoux - AM
Yacou - WH
Yacouz - BW

Krakra - SH
Yakou - DoK
Yacouw - BO

kryss

Post#20 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:02 am

Yesterday evening, post-city, prime time EU-late prime time: 1 hr of queue, zero SCs. But wait! This morning I got a bag for those 2 SCs (both ties) that i could fight last week... 1 triumphant emblem. So I could get a grand total of 11 tokens for queing all week. Thank you boys, those 800 emblems I still miss for boots are approaching faster and faster