Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
Atropik

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#111 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:59 am

This thread feels like some guy picked WH over slayer because of how it looks.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Sulorie

Post#112 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:15 am

Atropik wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:59 am This thread feels like some guy picked WH over slayer because of how it looks.
Boohoo, that's offensive! ;^)
Dying is no option.

Hienzwar

Post#113 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:43 am

Atropik wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:59 am This thread feels like some guy picked WH over slayer because of how it looks.
It's all about the hat. Nothing more. :)

Xergon

Post#114 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:45 am

And whats wrong with that ? Not everyone enjoys playing midgets.

Okay let's talk about City Instances 1st.
I would agree that WH/WE there is not much room in WB, one spot in Single Target group in format of 3 AoE groups + 1 Single Target can be very successful if executed properly. Now, is that game balance issue that best comp is to bring more AoE over ST, its hard to say. Some can argue u can try 2 AoE + 2 ST or u could also argue that u can bring 4 x ST 6mans and they should do just fine. Well it all depends who u gonna face, against some less orginzed groups or with bit worse quality players, it certainly can work, but against best comps its probably gonna struggle. The idea behind 3 AoE 1 ST is that 6 dps from AoE put enough dmg pressure on enemy while ST group either finish/execute low targets or put additional pressure on enemy healers so their group collapse under AoE pressure from the rest.

On other hand, i see completly no issue for a WH/WE(example Echo in the past) to make hes own group as 6man or 12man or 18man or even WB if u feel confident to lead, which will reserve spot for u 100%. The only issue here is that those ppl do not want to take responsibility to lead others, they want to join already premade WB so they can hide in the background doing their own (not always most efficient) stuff.

ST WH/WE is very powerful, u have access to both HealDebuffs Incoming and Outgoing, on top of other debuffs, on top of that u have a lot tools to escape/avoid danger. But yes, still, if anyone brings more than 1/2 WH thats mostlikely hinder ur composition.

Now, if u would like to give WH/WE AoE (which most likey wont happen as Devs are against that). Well, WH/WE had period in the past with semi AoE spec which was okay at most. Razor/Slice hitting 9targets with tactis looks to me a fine, and even then, i would argue that ST WH brings more potential than last AoE version. Moral Buff/Debuff was okayish tool but not a game changer in any cases. Here is a vid of that kinda WH in City facing strong enemy in City Siege, when WH/WE had access to semi AoE spec:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Right now, in my opinion the most usefull spec to bring WH is full ST middle path with M4 that removes healing on target for 15s, this one ability basically should guarantee u a win in stage3 (ofc giving that fights are close for boths sides and there is no stomp).

Now, about oRvR, in current format there will be no spot for either WH/WE in full 24 roster that wants to fight enemy zerg, AoE is bread and butter in that enviroment nothing else matter, and w/o WH/WE have no use there in current state. But if we talking about smaller roaming groups 6/12, then there is a lot room and potential for WH/WE to perform in that enviroment.

All above is simply analize from experience and based on gameplay. So back again to the topic, just because stacking other melee dps classes is most efficient way to build City Comp that doesnt mean its class balance issue. And believe me u can be very successful with completly odd setups, if u have right mindset, right players behind classes.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

MMXX43

Post#115 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:49 am

Of course, this is not you, but your class is underperforming, of that im sure.
Ah there you are ....

You tried !! 1/5 gold star.
Next

Krima

Post#116 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:59 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 pm I would also point out that WHs only have 2 abilities that do non-physical damage excluding openers. WEs have 4 and this gives them edge in this respect. Do not understand why our dot finisher are not Spirit damage, at least one of them could be.

This would allow low-geared WHs to play in it while they gear up.

And shared cooldown is a pain in the back. It sucks big time.
Yo, its actually better to do physical dmg. I was thinking about doing a proposal change to have EB /fervor do physical dmg.
Just a tip for you, take a look at shattering blow from white lion!!,, thats what WE/WH need it.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Hienzwar

Post#117 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:45 am
And whats wrong with that ? Not everyone enjoys playing midgets.

Okay let's talk about City Instances 1st.
I would agree that WH/WE there is not much room in WB, one spot in Single Target group in format of 3 AoE groups + 1 Single Target can be very successful if executed properly. Now, is that game balance issue that best comp is to bring more AoE over ST, its hard to say. Some can argue u can try 2 AoE + 2 ST or u could also argue that u can bring 4 x ST 6mans and they should do just fine. Well it all depends who u gonna face, against some less orginzed groups or with bit worse quality players, it certainly can work, but against best comps its probably gonna struggle. The idea behind 3 AoE 1 ST is that 6 dps from AoE put enough dmg pressure on enemy while ST group either finish/execute low targets or put additional pressure on enemy healers so their group collapse under AoE pressure from the rest.

On other hand, i see completly no issue for a WH/WE(example Echo in the past) to make hes own group as 6man or 12man or 18man or even WB if u feel confident to lead, which will reserve spot for u 100%. The only issue here is that those ppl do not want to take responsibility to lead others, they want to join already premade WB so they can hide in the background doing their own (not always most efficient) stuff.

ST WH/WE is very powerful, u have access to both HealDebuffs Incoming and Outgoing, on top of other debuffs, on top of that u have a lot tools to escape/avoid danger. But yes, still, if anyone brings more than 1/2 WH thats mostlikely hinder ur composition.

Now, if u would like to give WH/WE AoE (which most likey wont happen as Devs are against that). Well, WH/WE had period in the past with semi AoE spec which was okay at most. Razor/Slice hitting 9targets with tactis looks to me a fine, and even then, i would argue that ST WH brings more potential than last AoE version. Moral Buff/Debuff was okayish tool but not a game changer in any cases. Here is a vid of that kinda WH in City facing strong enemy in City Siege, when WH/WE had access to semi AoE spec:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Right now, in my opinion the most usefull spec to bring WH is full ST middle path with M4 that removes healing on target for 15s, this one ability basically should guarantee u a win in stage3 (ofc giving that fights are close for boths sides and there is no stomp).

Now, about oRvR, in current format there will be no spot for either WH/WE in full 24 roster that wants to fight enemy zerg, AoE is bread and butter in that enviroment nothing else matter, and w/o WH/WE have no use there in current state. But if we talking about smaller roaming groups 6/12, then there is a lot room and potential for WH/WE to perform in that enviroment.

All above is simply analize from experience and based on gameplay. So back again to the topic, just because stacking other melee dps classes is most efficient way to build City Comp that doesnt mean its class balance issue. And believe me u can be very successful with completly odd setups, if u have right mindset, right players behind classes.
Respect. I would argue morale pump /drain is fairly effective in wb play and can support but is certainly the weakest path.

Akalukz

Post#118 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 pm

A couple of simple changes could change the WH tremendously

Swap Sanctified Oil to the Middle Tree
Move Fanatical Cleansing to Core, reduce to 33%
Move Atonement up to 7 pt tactic increase to 50% chance
Move Blood Faith an Fire to 3 pt Judgement and change to group 25% speed buff within 100 ft, doesn't affect self.

EDIT: to give thoughts

Swap - This will better allow the WH to drop heal debuff on targets and a chance to get away.

Fanatical cleansing - gives marginally better damage without huge investment

Atonement - Plays great into single target groups - Possibly increase even more or based on accusations - 1 (25%) 2 (50%) etc

BFF - Again plays well into Single Target group play. Allows the team to get to WH once in position.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Tabelrel

Post#119 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

jughurta

Post#120 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 pm A couple of simple changes could change the WH tremendously

Swap Sanctified Oil to the Middle Tree
Move Fanatical Cleansing to Core, reduce to 33%
Move Atonement up to 7 pt tactic increase to 50% chance
Move Blood Faith an Fire to 3 pt Judgement and change to group 25% speed buff within 100 ft, doesn't affect self.

EDIT: to give thoughts

Swap - This will better allow the WH to drop heal debuff on targets and a chance to get away.

Fanatical cleansing - gives marginally better damage without huge investment

Atonement - Plays great into single target groups - Possibly increase even more or based on accusations - 1 (25%) 2 (50%) etc

BFF - Again plays well into Single Target group play. Allows the team to get to WH once in position.
Sancified oil to the middle tree , no fanatical cleasing to core and reduce no
Atonement non , and no . All no

Fantical cleansing , 50% damage crit and 25% crit for all execution instant damage ( dragon gun , exit wound and absolution ) no chan no dot
detaunt passif 75% for the leap duration 2s max for escape not on enemi ( type grimnir shield)
CD Shrould of magus and Seal of destruction to 30s or 40 s max , and differente CD with oil sanctified no change 1 min
more crit on low stuff , vanqui and inva
set a timer to incognito , 30s for 1m10 but allow the AP potion to be taken before opening (because it will not increase the duration of the stealth)
revamp damage or resistance because positionnal spé . the comparison of the damage received without a positional against a positional is a bit weak (I'm talking about having a little stuff)
the burst distance free and also see more important than a positional spec ?? (I speak engi, magus, SW and SH .For the BW and the sSorc it is normal in view of the mechanics)

we risk entering a race dps because the ranges have all cc and a burst stun can be greater than a light mdps on them

Ps range have more burst cc than WH/WE , disarm without parry ; stun range , stun melee , pounce or shadow step etc.... . Engi/magus tank etc... WE/WH one cc on them andhe is dead . defense resolue 5 s after use a opener movement /cast /or melee abilities passif with cost abilities reduce AP

i use google trad ..
Last edited by jughurta on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.