Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
Pkunk

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#31 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:15 pm
You rlly think so? I mean that specific city we got a very good fight, its just a little sad that such a nice class as the WH is treated that way. I wish there would be option, but hey the game is for free and the devs do their best
[/quote]

Sadly it is so. Wh and We mostly have to solo que for city. This is what the devs want and what they want, they get. Its a team game. If you are not a team-meta class, though luck. The devs let the insane op Torqumeda white lion rampage for a very long period. It served its purpose. It killed the 1 vs 1 comunity. Now they get the brilliant zerg game they always wanted so don't get your hope up with any aid to whoever want to run a solo class. There is more to say about balance, or the lack of it, just look at forts at this time. A professional dev team whould have taken one look at that and balanced it. Just from datamining the game. But sadly the devs are not professional, they are amateurs and by that I mean not payed professionals. Its more about sticking the finger up in the air and do a little of that and a little of this and see what works.

yeah forum ban inc.

Ads
ZEDE

Post#32 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Another thing: The blockage and the inability to mix the jewels between the last sets hurts us a lot, it really blocked our prospects for optimization.
it has precisely (also) reduced the panel of versatility.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:24 pm

One ST focused group in city is fine. You just have to be good to get the invite or know the people. Until then, queue solo, join pug wb or queue in 6mans.
Dying is no option.

Pkunk

Post#34 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:31 pm

ZEDE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm Another thing: The blockage and the inability to mix the jewels between the last sets hurts us a lot, it really blocked our prospects for optimization.
I think you are wrong. The main problem with a solo assassin class like we and wh is that this server nerfed our dps output by a lot. So the class cannot do what it was supposed to do. its like removing tanking from a tank. Lol that has also beeen done but lets get back to the issue. We and Wh simply don't hit hard enough to play their role and its not about gear but nerfs to the classes themself.

These classes was never meant for wb's. It was meant to be a solo assassin. It can only be that by hunting the softest targest now, mostly bright wisards and glass cannon gun midgets and the vs on destro. Good luck in finding those alone in this total zerg meta. While the last change from the devs was very good, with longer stealth, the dps is still too low for running alone.

With all that said, its no problem getting in to sov gear by just playing the game and not doing the warband stuff, like cities, you will get gold bag after gold bag by just doing rvr and be a supply running slave + doing fun stuff like killing the other realm's "random ranged dps".

ZEDE

Post#35 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Pkunk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:31 pm
ZEDE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm Another thing: The blockage and the inability to mix the jewels between the last sets hurts us a lot, it really blocked our prospects for optimization.
I think you are wrong. The main problem with a solo assassin class like we and wh is that this server nerfed our dps output by a lot. So the class cannot do what it was supposed to do. its like removing tanking from a tank. Lol that has also beeen done but lets get back to the issue. We and Wh simply don't hit hard enough to play their role and its not about gear but nerfs to the classes themself.

These classes was never meant for wb's. It was meant to be a solo assassin. It can only be that by hunting the softest targest now, mostly bright wisards and glass cannon gun midgets and the vs on destro. Good luck in finding those alone in this total zerg meta. While the last change from the devs was very good, with longer stealth, the dps is still too low for running alone.

With all that said, its no problem getting in to sov gear by just playing the game and not doing the warband stuff, like cities, you will get gold bag after gold bag by just doing rvr and be a supply running slave + doing fun stuff like killing the other realm's "random ranged dps".
No I'm not completely wrong, if I can mix the jewels I want I can reach a strength / armor penetration / good crit cap more easily ...
that is not actually the cause of the problem, you talk about it very well, but it is part of it and it has contributed to plunge our dps

AxelF

Post#36 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Not strictly WH related, but I would love to know which class is supposed to be the 'rock' to the Shammys 'scissors'. At the moment it's more like an ice cube vs a chain saw.

Sofong

Post#37 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 pm

since i fought u on 3 different classes, i think its more of ur own play style problem than the wh problem, wh overall is a solid class and have the tools to handle many situation its not 1st pick of city wb but so as some other classes.
Last edited by Sofong on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jastojan

Post#38 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:39 am
Gurf wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:32 am Most good WB will take 1 WH into City. So you need to be one of the best WH to get that spot.
that only shows that WHs need a bit of tuning to make them viable.
I absolutely agree with you guys. I am destro player but I know what you feel. From my point of view as a destro player - I play zealot heal, sorc, and rSH mostly - I can tell that WH really needs some kind of buffs. I really can imagine how frustrating is you do not have place in proper WB and your only chance to get into the city is solo or if you have top eq and top skill, MAYBE then you can get your place in WB. Same problem as it is with rSH (maybe small scale and city is not so bad right now). But back to WH, I think WH should be able to kill ANY healer if you let him to do it! If your healer in grp is focused by WH and the party does NOT care about their healer, average WH should be able to kill him - even on my sorc I can laugh on some not very skilled witch hunters. And sorc should be the n1 victim for WH.

I do not have some suggestions because I do not play WH or WE, WH is my enemy only. But playing against WH is less and less chalenging.
When it comes to WB play. What about some new spells like - 1) selfbuff for 5 sec. duration and 20sec.CD - your enemy target cant detaunt you and all your group members for 5 sec.
or 2) selfbuff for 5 sec. duration and 20sec.CD - you and all of your group members can not be detaunted for 5 sec., or 3) selfbuff for 10 sec. duration and 30 sec.CD - you and all of your group members in 30 ft range from you can not be detaunted for 10 sec.´

This is just an example. But I think WH should be able to do more in the battlefield.

Ads
ZEDE

Post#39 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Sofong wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 pm since i fought u on 3 different classes, i think its more of ur own play style problem than the wh problem, wh overall is a solid class and have the tools to handle many situation its not 1st pick of city wb but so as some other classes.
Thank you .
you are the best and the strongest.
You can now let us chat with adults.

Akalukz

Post#40 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:24 pm One ST focused group in city is fine. You just have to be good to get the invite or know the people. Until then, queue solo, join pug wb or queue in 6mans.
So server wide 5-8 WH get a slot in a good premade wb for End Game content. The rest must face premades from the other side. That's a fantastic outlook for the class. Speaks more to issue of end game than anything tho.
-= Agony =-