Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#531 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 am may be this happens because destroside is overpopulated, and order is underpopulated right now, and therefore the system selects the "true" setup for destroside, the "wrong" one for order. more clearly, for the order, it is made from what it is, at least somehow to fill the mirror. maybe restrict all healers for a solo queue in this case?) it would be a battle for survival, who has the best dps will win). if the system cannot recruit healers for one of the sides, it would be more honest that two sides playing without healers than the example shown in the image
I checked the ror website for T2+ population and it was 51% destro when city queue started. Also this was IC, after Order took the 2nd fort with destro not even filling up the defenders spots in the fortress.
Destro had atleast one 24stack ready for phase1 matchmaking in the first five minuts (was watching Chugganaughts stream) and they didnt get a pop before Order could match with a 24stack.

As I have observed the matchmaking so far it seems to go through these phases:
- full24Premade phase: first five minuts or so. only creates instances for the 24v24 stacks. if someon crashes soloqueres can maybe enter and fill?
-Groups + fillers: Full 24mans are now on hold untill last phase(?). For any parties and 12mans they now get into instances vs the same size groups and with same ammount of fillers from soloqueue. In case of no groups to evenly match it opens instances for pure soloqueuers, as it happend in this case if my assumption is correct.
-Anything goes: Any 24man stack that didnt get a pop for the first 26minuts will based on their spot in queue get a pop if enough players are able to fill instances. as long as there are 24players in queue on either side no matter partysieze a new instance will open.

So this instance happened with around 15minuts left of the queue, so still in phase2. Hence why i was so curious about if anyone else in my instance on destroside were in queue from premades, because it really just confirmed my own assumption that the biggest imballance on the server right now, is not between realms, but instead is on Order's archtype spread. As the screenshot very nicely underlined in this extreme case of soloqueue vs soloqueue.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#532 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:12 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:00 am 5. Plainly wrong. order having 4 better careers still leaves 8 for destro, hence more options to compose viable WB.
4 careers:
-Tank
-healer
-Mdps
-Rdps

dunno where you get these other 8...

Sundowner

Post#533 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:12 am
Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:00 am 5. Plainly wrong. order having 4 better careers still leaves 8 for destro, hence more options to compose viable WB.
4 careers:
-Tank
-healer
-Mdps
-Rdps

Careers as classes dummy

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#534 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am
4 careers:
-Tank
-healer
-Mdps
-Rdps

Careers as classes dummy
Sorry was thinking that you were inventing some new things to whine about....LMAO

Sundowner

Post#535 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:24 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am
Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am

4 careers:
-Tank
-healer
-Mdps
-Rdps

Careers as classes dummy
Sorry was thinking that you were inventing some new things to whine about....LMAO
no bro that's your field of operations

hammerhead

Post#536 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 am

wonshot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 am may be this happens because destroside is overpopulated, and order is underpopulated right now, and therefore the system selects the "true" setup for destroside, the "wrong" one for order. more clearly, for the order, it is made from what it is, at least somehow to fill the mirror. maybe restrict all healers for a solo queue in this case?) it would be a battle for survival, who has the best dps will win). if the system cannot recruit healers for one of the sides, it would be more honest that two sides playing without healers than the example shown in the image
Spoiler:
I checked the ror website for T2+ population and it was 51% destro when city queue started. Also this was IC, after Order took the 2nd fort with destro not even filling up the defenders spots in the fortress.
Destro had atleast one 24stack ready for phase1 matchmaking in the first five minuts (was watching Chugganaughts stream) and they didnt get a pop before Order could match with a 24stack.

- full24Premade phase: first five minuts or so. only creates instances for the 24v24 stacks. if someon crashes soloqueres can maybe enter and fill?
-Groups + fillers: Full 24mans are now on hold untill last phase(?). For any parties and 12mans they now get into instances vs the same size groups and with same ammount of fillers from soloqueue. In case of no groups to evenly match it opens instances for pure soloqueuers, as it happend in this case if my assumption is correct.
-Anything goes: Any 24man stack that didnt get a pop for the first 26minuts will based on their spot in queue get a pop if enough players are able to fill instances. as long as there are 24players in queue on either side no matter partysieze a new instance will open.

So this instance happened with around 15minuts left of the queue, so still in phase2. Hence why i was so curious about if anyone else in my instance on destroside were in queue from premades,
because it really just confirmed my own assumption that the biggest imballance on the server right now, is not between realms, but instead is on Order's archtype spread. As the screenshot very nicely underlined in this extreme case of soloqueue vs soloqueue.
In much better times (in terms of server occupancy), when my ib could not find a group, I saw cases with 8 engineers, so it's not so extreme and I'm more confused by the presence of 4 lions. I think there is still room for fixes.
(\|)o0(|/)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#537 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:49 am

hammerhead wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 am
Spoiler:

So this instance happened with around 15minuts left of the queue, so still in phase2. Hence why i was so curious about if anyone else in my instance on destroside were in queue from premades,
because it really just confirmed my own assumption that the biggest imballance on the server right now, is not between realms, but instead is on Order's archtype spread. As the screenshot very nicely underlined in this extreme case of soloqueue vs soloqueue.
In much better times (in terms of server occupancy), when my ib could not find a group, I saw cases with 8 engineers, so it's not so extreme and I'm more confused by the presence of 4 lions. I think there is still room for fixes.
4 WL´s....and 5 slayers => that 2 are solid picks for city wbs...why they finally end in a solo-pug instance??

Underpopulated: as underpopulated realm, they can get a pop 100% sure no matter if join solo/grp/wb => so why bother to try to join a wb ??
New solo-friendly matchmaking: with the new feature there are more chances to fight pugs when join as a solo-q => more options to win than before when solo-q....before that patch we saw the "unwanted classes" using soloq, but now the wanted ones just solo-q too (even best classes in their archetype).

probably is a expected result...when you cater solo players the ones who dont solo-q start to do it??

hammerhead

Post#538 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:11 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:49 am
hammerhead wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 am
Spoiler:

4 WL´s....and 5 slayers => that 2 are solid picks for city wbs...why they finally end in a solo-pug instance??

Underpopulated: as underpopulated realm, they can get a pop 100% sure no matter if join solo/grp/wb => so why bother to try to join a wb ??
New solo-friendly matchmaking: with the new feature there are more chances to fight pugs when join as a solo-q => more options to win than before when solo-q....before that patch we saw the "unwanted classes" using soloq, but now the wanted ones just solo-q too (even best classes in their archetype).

probably is a expected result...when you cater solo players the ones who dont solo-q start to do it??
A couple of pages earlier, I wrote that as soon as I saw that, despite all the good intentions, the new system only partially helps the order, I immediately book out, thereby increasing the chances of those who remained to catch the bag. Lions are a solid choice for the city, the trouble is that I don't even know if there are people left for who are looking for this activity, not just to get dressed and continue playing 6on6.
And I'm not looking for a problem where there is none. The city has already been simplified nowhere further. It remains to introduce bags for those who simply did not get into the city and pve instances.

Well, so to dispel myths it looks like this
/g Yes, no, today I pass. We are in the bastion better.
/a Sorry full
/5 ?????

Your choice ? Oh yes, I forgot new players themselves should appear out of nowhere and make you fair competition.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
BelligerentBob

Post#539 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:13 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 am Stop spreading nonsense, this stupid city instance comp is filled with more melee dps than ranged...

I've been playing Order mostly the last two weeks and have only successfully managed to put together a full 12 man for city once in that time. Asking people to join a 6? Might as well solo queue.

Order players dont want to use /5 then cry in public chats about stacked Destro premades :roll:
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

heybaws

Post#540 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Not sure how this system works honestly, played city on order side a few days ago (one with over 2k mirrors bug) right after fix. Queued instantly as 4 man (2 heals 2 mdps) with pop being 58% destro and 42% order. We didnt get a pop till last minute, and in order to got it we completely disbanded and queued solo, luckily all of us ended in last mirror. And we werent the only ones with same issue, had 2 6mans with us who also told that they had to disband and go solo to get a damn pop.. On order side. With 58%destro to 42% Order ratio.