Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sponn
Suspended

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#591 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Sponn wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm Would any of the devs/gms be able to share overall population information? Is that metric even recorded on a monthly basis?
These are popcorn threads. We're not interested in getting involved aside from poking at them occasionally.
Right on.

Ads
Sofong

Post#592 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:43 am

do we have a balance problem?

Allbback

Post#593 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 am

dont you know a lot player play order and push to city and then switch to destro??
this is not balance question , this is a lot ppl want to do that , and if their destro side has enough gear and they using destro pushing to artdolf and switch to order defence city , that is the answer

Detangler

Post#594 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:16 am

Allbback wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 am dont you know a lot player play order and push to city and then switch to destro??
this is not balance question , this is a lot ppl want to do that , and if their destro side has enough gear and they using destro pushing to artdolf and switch to order defence city , that is the answer
Weord. Cause it's 55/45 order right now, and city is on. Kinda blows a hole in your stupid ass theory, huh?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

billyk

Post#595 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:16 am
Allbback wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 am dont you know a lot player play order and push to city and then switch to destro??
Weord. Cause it's 55/45 order right now, and city is on. Kinda blows a hole in your stupid ass theory, huh?
Are you really arguing Order has a bigger population? lmao whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Destro will not even stop at the most obvious lies hahaha.

Banjomissen

Post#596 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:49 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:16 am
That would be a first then - Since I returned to the game three months ago i've never seen Order outnumber Destro during a City siege even during the early mornings (EU time) where NA Order are supposed to dominate.

Last week it came really close though: Was 48% / 52%. Closest i've ever seen.

zolio
Community Management

Post#597 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:07 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:35 pm
TreefAM wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:27 pm Can't do much when your 12man is filled with 7dps 2tank 3heal.
Would have made a bigger group, but time was running out, logged too late.
You don't see the wider issue here.

Solo city queue is necessary and awful, both for you and for the solo queuers. Every other MMO adds groupfinders, matchmaking systems, soloers-only queues (mobas do this as well because they realised fookin' years ago that premades stomping pugs = pugs stop playing). For some reason we're so hardcore here that we reject all those sensible measures in favour of "haha get a group you dumb pubbie"

Maybe if City was the secondary method of obtaining royals and rvr was the primary (instead of the current city primary rvr secondary) solo queuers wouldn't have to sit on your shoulders and asked to be carried.

Or add the ranked matchmaking system to city so this **** isn't wasting our time

I absolutely agree.The rvr lakes should be the primary method for obtaining royals. If we received royals for fort wins I would not even step foot into the city. But it is a necessary evil, 99% of the time I have to solo queue because of my class.

TreefAM

Post#598 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:06 pm

zolio1236 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:07 pm If we received royals for fort wins I would not even step foot into the city.
Forts = RvR
LMAO yeah nice one

Ads
skylinx

Post#599 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 pm

there is matchmaking in city, it will pop as close as it can to a balanced 8 8 8 but if all order have left in the queue is dps, then you will be matched up against destro balanced numbers, even if its a pug too, if they have tanks and healers in the queue. otherwise order dps wouldnt get a pop.

Maybe there could be a soloq addon for city soloq? so dps can see in advance how bad the pop could be, maybe that would encourage ppl to play healers and tanks if theres only dps in the queue.

zolio
Community Management

Post#600 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:43 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:06 pm
zolio1236 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:07 pm If we received royals for fort wins I would not even step foot into the city.
Forts = RvR
LMAO yeah nice one
WOW!! That is GREAT!! I did not know that ....

Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge of the game.

Here is something I like to share with you, comprehension.

Look it up. .