Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
marafado
Suspended

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#631 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am
minenda wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am well to be honest order tank and healer kinda look like ****.... that probably why there is less of these archetype. If i choose to play tank or healer i would go destro. ( the only healer i kinda like on order is archemage and people dont bring him to city... )
Too bad people that play premade WB bring AM to city.
The fact that people have ideas does not make their ideas facts.
AM being bad is just plain stupid, something thought up by some PUG WB leader that then has spread like wildfire among order PUGs.
A good AM player with the correct spec and gear can compete with a WP/RP in raw healing numbers, there's a skill gap between the 3 careers where AM has the highest.
So why do people bring AM if they need to play well to compete with the other two healers? Puddle + absorbs + buff covers + morale pump.
Order pugs also still seem to believe engineer is a bad career in city. Then kassakadkukukduku (it's some permutation of those letters I think) and Egyptpower shows up and annihilate the damage scoreboard with their "bad damage", so is it engi that's bad or does the problem exist in-between the keyboard and chair?
+1
but, not sure about the pugs...in my opinion seems more a streamer (pug streamer* probably) issue.

*suported by ror staff in new mount events ;)

Ads
zulnam

Post#632 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm

minenda wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am well to be honest order tank and healer kinda look like ****.... that probably why there is less of these archetype. If i choose to play tank or healer i would go destro. ( the only healer i kinda like on order is archemage and people dont bring him to city... )
Agree Somewhat for tanks: while i like how knight and IB look, one is very boring when going 2H and the other has, imo, too many buttons and abilities to choose from while somehow also having very little snb group utility.
SM is the middle ground tank: good for groups, strong 2H build, fun SnB spec; shame they look a bit meh (personally i blame the helmets with no face covers).

For healers i think this is def the case on order side; 2/3 of the healer classes look like they showed up in a fancy bathrobe for work. RP could've easily had some armor in their appearance, but it is what it is.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

marafado
Suspended

Post#633 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:10 pm

if its a question of looks, im sure in a future patch our beloved devs can allow the ib, slayer and rp to use the engie skins;p

Earthcake

Post#634 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:31 pm

It's not a question of skin/look, everytime a class is "overbuffed" we see 15 billions of them, whatever class it is, regardless of skin.

Order tanks are less good = they are being played less

I play mostly order, but play both my BO and my Chosen every weekend, and sometimes in NA hours so please, no order bias comment.

Sulorie

Post#635 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:35 pm

Earthcake wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:31 pm It's not a question of skin/look, everytime a class is "overbuffed" we see 15 billions of them, whatever class it is, regardless of skin.

I play mostly order, but play both my BO and my Chosen every weekend, and sometimes in NA hours so please, no order bias comment.
You show some bias, when you claim they are less good. They all are more than capable to do their job.

The logic is flawed here, when the consequence of having less tanks is to play rdps. Having less mdps because lack of guard is understandable but then again it could be fixed by playing support. Order is losing most cities because class setup but do they expect some teammate to swap to support in order for them to stay on rdps? Healers and tanks most likely get instant invites to warbands, while most rdps are forced to join solo.
Dying is no option.

Earthcake

Post#636 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:35 pm
Earthcake wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:31 pm It's not a question of skin/look, everytime a class is "overbuffed" we see 15 billions of them, whatever class it is, regardless of skin.

You show some bias, when you claim they are less good. They all are more than capable to do their job.

The logic is flawed here, when the consequence of having less tanks is to play rdps. Having less mdps because lack of guard is understandable but then again it could be fixed by playing support. Order is losing most cities because class setup but do they expect some teammate to swap to support in order for them to stay on rdps? Healers and tanks most likely get instant invites to warbands, while most rdps are forced to join solo.
The fact they are less played at least means that they are perceived as being less good, cause really, everytime a class is overperforming, half the server play it, no matter what.
And of course they can do their job (actually debatable if you include buffing in their job but that's anotehr story), destro tanks are just better at it.

Sofong

Post#637 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm

typical IC couple days ago.... if u zerg rush to IC with a grp like u deserve no more than 3 pity royals seriously. its not a balance problem, its ppl refuse to respec for their role and refuse to organize even for 1hr end game content play, ppl just wanna play solo hero.

Earthcake

Post#638 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:28 pm

But the exact same players, since most players play both sides, do what's needed when they play destro.

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#639 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Earthcake wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:28 pm But the exact same players, since most players play both sides, do what's needed when they play destro.

Please stop repeating this non sense mantra....ppl playing solo-meme-pewpew-rdps dont change to tank-organized 24man when they xrealm...its absurd saying this. Anyone used to play in a half-organized setup wont go solo-pewpew...

Earthcake

Post#640 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:10 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 pm
Earthcake wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:28 pm But the exact same players, since most players play both sides, do what's needed when they play destro.

Please stop repeating this non sense mantra....ppl playing solo-meme-pewpew-rdps dont change to tank-organized 24man when they xrealm...its absurd saying this. Anyone used to play in a half-organized setup wont go solo-pewpew...
I know, it was sarcastic.
It's obvious that people play what they think is strong.
Gives you an idea of how bad order tanks are perceived : very few ppl play them cause they are weaker.

And if you play tanks both sides, you know they are weaker order side, that's not an opinion. The "kotbs best tank in the game" is not true anymore, and since quite a long time.