Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher deleted...?

Let's talk about... everything else
stigger

Launcher deleted...?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Looks like my launcher got deleted by antivirus or something. Now when I try to get a new launcher, it wasn't to download everything again...like all 136,487 files or something. I know I already have the stuff, since my game was working...how can I get around this? My launcher is in the same folder as all of my other stuff...any help would be awesome.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Launcher deleted...?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:41 pm

If you're using Windows, its built-in anti-virus Windows Defender doesn't completely delete suspicious files. Therefore you need to whitelist the file and manually allow it on the computer as an exception, otherwise Windows Defender - or any other anti-virus - will wipe out the client again.

You can easily find the procedure to whitelist/add an exception to files and folders online, no matter what anti-virus you use.

Nevertheless you can download the client here:
http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe (Right click and open in new tab if clicking doesn't work)

stigger

Post#3 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:47 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:41 pm If you're using Windows, its built-in anti-virus Windows Defender doesn't completely delete suspicious files. Therefore you need to whitelist the file and manually allow it on the computer as an exception, otherwise Windows Defender - or any other anti-virus - will wipe out the client again.

You can easily find the procedure to whitelist/add an exception to files and folders online, no matter what anti-virus you use.

Nevertheless you can download the client here:
http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe (Right click and open in new tab if clicking doesn't work)
Yeah I got a new client, but now when I try and launch it via the launcher, it wasn't to update and download all the stuff, like I've never played the game before. I know I still have all of the files it needs on my computer right?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:56 pm

You can try repairing. If it's still not working you will eventually have to download the game again.

You can also join us on Discord and share some screenshots so we can understand better what's happening.

gulashtrollface

Post#5 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Same thing happened to me yesteday.

I had to get the launcher, and stick it in the directory folder for the game, and it worked just fine.

stigger

Post#6 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 pm

gulashtrollface wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:24 pm Same thing happened to me yesteday.

I had to get the launcher, and stick it in the directory folder for the game, and it worked just fine.
I tried that, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me put it in the folder, so I took everything in the folder, and moved it to a new folder that had the launcher in it...still didn't work.