Ads

ROR should be a little more solo friendlier

Let's talk about... everything else
ByzantineTime
Suspended

ROR should be a little more solo friendlier

Post#1 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:16 am

Hi guys,
I'm levelling a new toon now a marauder, I must say it is insanely hard, and not because of game mechanics, but because the game is too team oriented in my opinion, If you don't get a guard or heals I'm completely useless same goes for tanks/healers, it is very frustrating, I know you guys will say hey just make a premade, first of all the server population doesn't allow for constant premades where a lot of players are already at their 40s,
second of all having to do all this work just to level up it seems it's a bit to hard I understand end game is about RVRing and grouping up, but as a leveller it seems extremely frustrating how hard it is right now.

You can tell me hey go grind PQS -> the only PQS i'm able to grind are on easy level and it's mind numbing in a pvp game.
Make a solo char WE/WH/SHAM/AM-> I already have a maxed sham, and playing solo in a team play game there is a certain wall of fun you reach with that, my most fun I'm getting is competitive SC but with the population it's not too demanding unless a streamer hypes it up.
play the pug sc -> result is the same as I mentioned first, why people play AM/SHAM? cause it's fun to feel strong solo in a video game, and that is what missing in my opinion in this game, and the only taste you have is in AM/SHAMS, but otherwise they are useless and then we are back at problem #2.

My opinion is to tune it down a bit and make the game just a little bit solo friendlier I am pretty sure everyone will enjoy it but that's what I think at least.

Thanks for the read cheers :)

Ads
Elemint

Re: ROR should be a little more solo friendlier

Post#2 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:21 am

How?

Gurf

Post#3 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:25 am

Elemint wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:21 amHow?
Balance Shaman and SH so any other class can compare in comparison solo?

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:33 am

Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:25 am
Elemint wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:21 amHow?
Balance Shaman and SH so any other class can compare in comparison solo?
No it's not a class issue in my opinion it's more of a game issue.

I think every DPS(maybe even any class besides the one that can do it already) class should get some self heal, some way to sustain itself without completely relaying on guard+heal, because in zergs you will still need guard+heal to survive, but every class needs to have his own power solo that's what I think. Maybe Extra defense+selfheal if u are playing outside of a group but I think this will get abused. The main solution I think is like I just mentioned some way to survive and selfheal yourself in every class so you can feel special without relaying on guard + heal. That's just out of a few minutes of thinking about this.

Glorian

Post#5 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:21 am

There are plenty of solo marauders that can take on 2 or 3 orders in sub par groups.
You play a dps class and can easily make the pqs as fast as possible.

Try this on a tank or a healer.

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:36 am

Glorian wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:21 am There are plenty of solo marauders that can take on 2 or 3 orders in sub par groups.
You play a dps class and can easily make the pqs as fast as possible.

Try this on a tank or a healer.

What maras are you talking about exactly? the ones in full bis end game gear..? cause idk...
As a level 25 mara right now I feel completely useless without guard+heal anywhere, while upgrading my gear.
and to PQS I can only solo the easy ones easy I mean as their difficulty "easy", the rest it's impossible to complete without having a group, not that I'm complaining that it's not fine that some PQS are group oriented but for now it's only easy PQS as solo gameplay that's pretty much it.. it's not easy to form any premades with the ongoing population, and again it might be like that because of no solo gameplay, might be.
Besides PQS aren't the issue here, since the main game pvping getting your renown up is...

My personal opinion is that, the main issue in the game that balance happening towards WBvsWB play, instead of class vs class, 1v1, but maybe I'm wrong I don't know..

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:52 am

It's about having the balls/ovaries to play solo, don't matter the class.

But yeah, could be good idea to buff solo specs on all classes.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:27 am

adapter wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:52 am It's about having the balls/ovaries to play solo, don't matter the class.

But yeah, could be good idea to buff solo specs on all classes.
sure courage is nice and it's more of a taste too, I enjoy going solo, but as mara I feel I just can't specially at my level I have no catching mechanics besides charge.. which isn't really one.
again buff solo specs on all classes yeah might be a good idea.

But another opinion is Mara needs a leap. SH has LEAP, WL has leap, mara has no leap, SW has sort of a leap.
WL - has pull
Mara - has different pull perhaps weaker
SW -> doesn't require a pull since it's also a ranged class
SH -> same

so out of all 4, Mara is missing 1 catching mechanic which makes sense and would make things easier for Mara.

On my WL the issue is the same, I need guard+heal obviously to sustain, but I can at least leap and try to burst someone, what can I do on mara.. feels like the class is totaly balanced just for WB. same for Slayer/Choppa, haven't played those tho so can't say much.

so yeah bottom line I'm just repeating myself lol, I do believe every class needs to have solo power in the game, otherwise the feeling is "meh" and people overplay on dps healers to achieve this feel. but again that is just my opinion at least ..
Last edited by ByzantineTime on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:29 am

You're not even 40, you can't do anything as a low lvl, and are even worse as a fresh 40.
Just play, gear up and then try it out.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:33 am

Ahem, or we could return CW and RD, let us use item-clickables from backpack again, and separate HoT from instant potion CDs. But I think I'm in the minority there.

On Topic: Tune what down? Damage? Survivability? I don't understand the complaint, nor is there a way to really boost solo play w/o risking breaking the rest of the game.

Maybe, don't join a "premade" as you call it, as that doesn't seem to be your thing. So find like minded players. See another solo player out fighting? Toss them an invite. Even if only for that fight it can make a big difference, and you might make a buddy. Just having 2-3 in a grp makes the worlds difference when roaming.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.