Recent Topics

Ads

Guard swapping on a GCD now?

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

Guard swapping on a GCD now?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:26 am

I’ve noticed some really clunky and cumbersome guard swapping as of late. It seems that guard swapping has been placed on a gcd and can’t be cast while other abilities are in the gcd.

In addition guard was patched not to drop ever by accident. That is happening again. Occasionally but still happening again.

When guard was patched to be it’s amazing recent form it was a VERY healthy change for the tanking community and many more new tanks started showing up.

Was this patched out for some reason and I missed the notes? Really sad QoL reduction for tanks and as a result tanks are noticeably less common.

Anyone have an inside track on this?

Ads
Silodin

Re: Guard swapping on a GCD now?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 am

After an evening of quite intensive guard swapping i cannot confirm this. perhaps latency took a part in your issues or perhaps i simply got lucky but neither guard dropping nor being on the gcd occurred for me.
<Not Good Enough> <NGE>
Silomon 40/80 Knight
Silodone 40/75 Chosen

Phantasm

Post#3 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 am

It is on GCD, just checked. and as I remember always was, toggling off before was off GCD.

Silodin

Post#4 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:57 am

Phantasm wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 am It is on GCD, just checked. and as I remember always was, toggling off before was off GCD.
Is that not what he ment?

-Edit, I read it wrong.
<Not Good Enough> <NGE>
Silomon 40/80 Knight
Silodone 40/75 Chosen

hellc95

Post#5 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:39 am

It has always been, at least since I started playing one year ago, you probably just now noticed

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:44 am

Applying guard has an animation and it uses a gcd. You just don't have to press it twice anymore, which saves time and is more fail proof in case of lags.
Dying is no option.

Duukar

Post#7 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:22 pm

No, I main a tank. When the changes first came out guard swap was seamless and instant and took no GCD. For example I could be in the middle of doing any skill and swap guard instantly with one push of the button. Now If I'm in the middle of a rotation I have to spam the guard swap button for a MUCH less snappy change.