Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder vs Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
raught19

Marauder vs Choppa

Post#1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:50 pm

Been wanting to level up a mdps and I always loved the design and body horror of the marauder, but leveling one up to 16 i felt like I could never do much and my damage wasn't as high as other classes. I started looking at maybe rolling a choppa.

I tried looking online but all the info for these is muddled with live and years old posts.

How do they compare? Does the marauder get better higher level? Or is a Choppa a better pick for mdps?

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: Marauder vs Choppa

Post#2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:53 pm

Marauder is really good these days. Ofc don't even think hits like a choppa or any other dps.

wachlarz

Post#3 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:04 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:53 pm Marauder is really good these days. Ofc don't even think hits like a choppa or any other dps.
So any other mdps is better ? And maruder is really good these days. Dont see logic.

wildwindblows

Post#4 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:07 pm

W.e is using light armor, choppa has berserk mechanic and sorc has backlash. Damage comes with cost. Mara cannot hit like these classes with medium armor. As a main mara player i learnt that.

Sofong

Post#5 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:12 pm

choppa in red will always do more dmg than mara. choppa is a solid pick, simple mechanic, powerful at almost all contents and tiers of the game, downside is could be frustrating playing solo.

wildwindblows

Post#6 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Sofong wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:12 pm choppa in red will always do more dmg than mara. choppa is a solid pick, simple mechanic, powerful at almost all contents and tiers of the game, downside is could be frustrating playing solo.
I agree with you. Mara require much more effort to be efficient and it is not straight-forward. Mara is not a good pick for solo too.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:52 pm

You guys forget to mention that as a choppa he will die constantly unless he has a group to babysit him :D

wildwindblows

Post#8 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:54 pm

TreefAM wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:52 pm You guys forget to mention that as a choppa he will die constantly unless he has a group to babysit him :D
This is solid for all dps classes.

Ads
raught19

Post#9 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Which one is more sought after in RvR?

Does the Marauder and Choppa contribute to Forts?

Are they good picks for 6 mans?

wildwindblows

Post#10 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:07 pm

raught19 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:57 pm Which one is more sought after in RvR?

Does the Marauder and Choppa contribute to Forts?

Are they good picks for 6 mans?
Monstro mara brings utility like aoe kd, aoe disorient and aoe morale stop for wb. You need to change your tactics for aoe disorient and morale stop. There is only one viable build for ranked sc and it is sav/brut. Don't try to do ranked any other build.
Dual wield choppa suits both orvr and ranked sc.

They are both good classes. Choppa is for damage and mara is for utility. Idk which one you like.