Recent Topics

Ads

Old WP main has questions WP vs DoK

Let's talk about... everything else
SteveEWhiskers

Old WP main has questions WP vs DoK

Post#1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:18 pm

Back on live I fell in love with my 2h melee healer. I initially chose WP over DoK because of the 2hander used for dps/healing. I am seeing/being told that grace/wrath now "forces" you to use a shield and 1h. I guess the my biggest question is how punishing is it to shift between wrath and grace now. Use to just swap skills and gear around and just change playstyle more than anything. Am I better off rolling a DoK to be able to swap between melee healer and dps with "ease"? HALP lol. Appreciate it!

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Old WP main has questions WP vs DoK

Post#2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:16 am

Respeccing is easy and effortless. There is also no cost associated with it any longer.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Bloodmasked

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:39 am

WP and DoK is the same in this regard.

dps WP and DoK typically aren't as useful to a team as a shield WP or DoK so its often hard to decide to play dps.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:19 am

dps is 2h and dual.
melee heal is snb.
it's seperated and buffed into each expertise.
since you like 2h, it's WP.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

XsorrowerX

Post#5 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 am

Switching from 2h to 1h shield isn't that difficult. Both use similar gear, although you may need to tweak a few things hear and there. I'm leveling one atm that is in the mid 30s.

For the longest time I couldn't get into the character, but realized I was playing a book wp, which bored me to tears. Grace is really fun and engaging as a heal spec, and takes some thinking and tactical maneuvering.

PlagueMonk

Post#6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Don't let people fool you, you can use a 2 hander for grace, I did so with excellent results pre 40. Doing so gives you some abilities a HnB does not but on the flip side you lose a couple of very good shield only abilities as well as some survivability.

I will say it up front though, the WP is a better straight up healer while the DoK is the undisputed king of melee healing. I have seen some crazy damage/heal numbers from DoKs in city.

mekal

Post#7 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:37 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm I will say it up front though, the WP is a better straight up healer while the DoK is the undisputed king of melee healing. I have seen some crazy damage/heal numbers from DoKs in city.
Except wp is also a better melee healer dok and wp melee healing skills are mirrored except for wp healing prayer being stronger and devour essence/sigmars shield

DE used to be a great burst heal when an ally was getting pressured now it heals for 200 - 300 per tick if it hits 4 people heals less if it doesnt also only lasts 5 seconds

Sigmars shield heals 100 per tick but can proc multiple times iirc also lasts for 10 seconds

Add on the +15% healing from kobs and wp is clearly the winner

Rydiak

Post#8 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 pm

mekal wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:37 pmAdd on the +15% healing from kobs and wp is clearly the winner
Just for clarification sake for future Grace WPs, Focused Mending does not boost the healing of lifetap heals (no healing buff/debuff does).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
PlagueMonk

Post#9 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

mekal wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:37 pm
PlagueMonk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm I will say it up front though, the WP is a better straight up healer while the DoK is the undisputed king of melee healing. I have seen some crazy damage/heal numbers from DoKs in city.
Except wp is also a better melee healer dok and wp melee healing skills are mirrored except for wp healing prayer being stronger and devour essence/sigmars shield

DE used to be a great burst heal when an ally was getting pressured now it heals for 200 - 300 per tick if it hits 4 people heals less if it doesnt also only lasts 5 seconds

Sigmars shield heals 100 per tick but can proc multiple times iirc also lasts for 10 seconds

Add on the +15% healing from kobs and wp is clearly the winner
What you are saying sounds good on paper but I have yet to see a WP match what a good DoK can output. They are always topping the charts in city in both categories. I don't play a DoK so I don't know why exactly. Maybe they are going dual swords for the extra DPS = more healing and relying on healing support for extra survivability, IDK.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 pm
mekal wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:37 pmAdd on the +15% healing from kobs and wp is clearly the winner
Just for clarification sake for future Grace WPs, Focused Mending does not boost the healing of lifetap heals (no healing buff/debuff does).
You tested this? Healbuffs might boost a part of sigmars radiance dmg and maybe sigmars shield... They do boost EoV of AM, probably the healing part, but it is technically a lifetap.
It shouldnt boost divine assault and divine strike.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM