Recent Topics

Ads

2hand classes for wpvp??

Let's talk about... everything else
wotanson

2hand classes for wpvp??

Post#1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:30 pm

Hey!

I'm a new player and I wanted to ask from the veterans here that what class should I play if my main focus is wpvp? I only want to play a class that uses 2 hand ed weapons which ones d you guys suggest?

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: 2hand classes for wpvp??

Post#2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 pm

Yes world PVP is called Open Realm vs Realm here (ORVR). If you want to do ORvR with a 2h then go for a destro tank class with a 2h spec.

You won't be as good in warband (24 players +) fights without a shield but if solo play in ORvR and Scenarios (instanced) on the side is your goal, then go for 2h tank.

White Lion on Order is the 2h MDPS but its been consecutively reconstructed by the devs into a hot mess so I would stay away as a new player. Choppa and Slayer have 2h specs but they are garbage for 90% of game types and especially for new players, stay away.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

sharpblader

Post#3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:23 am

Hi

There are many 2h classes that you can play.

All tank archetype classes have a viable 2h build. But most of them will not be effective in large RvR (WPvP) battles at low combat and renown ranks as you will die quickly due to lack of Hold the Line (SnB only). If you're looking for something that will make your life easier at lower combat and renown rank try Black Orc/ Chosen (destro) or Sword Master (Order). If you're goal is to go solo make sure to farm 2-3 Fleshrender regen rings from Kadrin Valley lair. Don't forget to guard your allies and use Champ Challenge skill on enemy dps. That is the bare minimum requirement.

There are fewer 2h options with Melee DPS archetypes. Choppa (destro) and Slayer (order) have 2h builds but avoid them unless high renown rank and gear or if you lack an organized group. White Lion (order) can only use 2h axes and is still quite good in WPvP even though it is a shadow of what it was. It is a lowbie friendly class when in a group. If you're ok with managing a pet this is the class for you if you want to focus on only damage.

There's only one 2h option with Heal archetypes which is the Warrior Priest (Order). They focus on doing dps but again their 2h build is not going to be as effective unless you have high end gear and rank.

To conclude, you should play the class that appeals to you most but always remember that some 2h classes will perform better solo, others would perform better in groups. So be aware of how you think you'll be playing the game before you decide.

Lastly, if aesthetics is your concern, classes can wield only limited type of 2h weapons. For example Chosen can wield only 2h swords and Axes. Sword Master can wield only 2h swords. Warrior priests can wield only 2h hammers, etc.

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:49 am

Do not be so negative about 2h slayer. Giantslayer spec is rubbish but Rune of Absorption (Trollslayer) is a wonderful thing. 2nd tree should be aoe of course but tell you this - you will be less in terms of overall damage but if you need to nuke someone quick - use Rune of Absorption spec, spam aoe-finisher without cooldown rest of the time. In terms of gear you can achieve good results in Vanq gear and with PvP reward axe.

Thus, I would not ignore 2h Slayer/Choppa completely. Order tanks with 2h are rubbish except for Swordmaster - he is not just damage but good perks too.

Lastly - when choosing classes remember that there are NO exact mirrors - say, Slayer and Choppa are similar but they havee different spells.

Almost mirror pairings that can use 2h are:
Knight - Chosen
Ironbreaker - Black Guard
Swordmaster - Black Orc
Slayer - Choppa
White Lion and Warrior Priest (both Order) can use 2h too but they are very specific.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sofong

Post#5 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:02 am

WL obviosly

rrrutsss

Post#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:18 am

Hey welcome
White lion- is 2h and has a pet
Has sprint/pull/jump/knockdown and all that good stuff.
Very easy to play and high reward.
Can play solo and in warbands.

pandrax115

Post#7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:17 pm

For solo chosen or BO ? who's got the biggest burst ? I see chosen has the + crit tactic but BO has the + crit damage

Stophy22

Post#8 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm

idk why the first person said specifically destro tanks. 2handed SM's (Sword Masters) are probably among the best 2handed tanks in the game in terms of damage and ability to go 2handed "viably".
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Such narrow minded ppl...

AM/Shaman => they use 2H weapons (staves). Both can be dps or healers.
Sorc/BW => they use 2H weapons (staves). Both RDPS

On order you can play Runepriest => they use 2H weapons too (staves). Mostly for healing.

zulnam

Post#10 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 am

rrrutsss wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:18 am Hey welcome
White lion- is 2h and has a pet
Has sprint/pull/jump/knockdown and all that good stuff.
Very easy to play and high reward.
Can play solo and in warbands.
I second that opinion. WL are pretty good and the only class that naturally use a 2H. They have a warband spec and a solo spec.
People complain because the pet is pretty weak when in big fights and tends to die quickly, so most warband WLs tend to use Loner tactic (increased dmg, no pet).

Any tank you pick for 2H you will have a hard time. Tank's primary spec is tanking, so their easiest gear to get is for 1hand. This means you have to work for your gear. It also means early on you will either be useless (due to big gear difference) or you will go 1hand to compensate.
If you still want to, however, i recommend Swordmaster. Thanks to their spirit damage, they need less stats to hit hard. Also you will be playing tank on a faction starved of tanks, so any time you feel like grouping for anything you will probably find a spot very fast.

Warrior Priest also has a strong roam build that uses 2hand, but it only works with endgame BiS gear and getting to that requires healing. Trying to get it in dps spec exclusively is like trying to climb a mountain using only your teeth.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG