Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you like new armor appearance chang?

No please revert it back to normal
71%
Yes leave it as is now
29%
Total votes: 303

Grock

Re: [Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Post#71 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am And one last thing, the majority of the players voted nothing. Absolutely nothing, they didn't provide feedback and simply closed the survey.

When you're given the opportunity to share your voice, please do...
Isn't that what always happens? People don't like lots of text :lol: gotta keep it very very short
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Kragg

Post#72 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:22 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am
space44 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 pm Now I feel with no motivation to even play the game, im a fashionable git, i play for appearances.
We don't do these changes to kick people out of the community or to bother them, we test things, that's the nature of the project. And through constructive and viable feedback, we improve what can be improved and that's exactly what we're going to do regarding this matter. I hope you didn't only express your discontent here, and filled the survey in-game?

-
space44 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:01 pm did i miss something im pretty sure its this month 23rd that results will show about the surveys.
We extended the survey to the whole weekend in order to allow more people to vote. We have the data and we'll share it soon.

To give a quick answer to the two topics that were created, the majority noticed no performance enhancement in-game, after the appearance change. More details will be shared soon.

-
And one last thing, the majority of the players voted nothing. Absolutely nothing, they didn't provide feedback and simply closed the survey.

When you're given the opportunity to share your voice, please do...
The poll here speaks for itself as well.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Jaffawer

Post#73 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:02 pm
Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm Why would anyone care if the other side can see my transmog or not? I personalyl don't care what type of scrap a random orc managed to duct tape on itself this time...

Empathy lvl +100.

With alt app (transmog) you can fix broken sets - almost all of them are v i s u a l l y mismatched. You can use your favourite shield (size matters!). You can work around weird sticking out bits that make your toon way taller than it should be (magus horns are a prime example of that). You can make your guild look like they're one unit to recognize each other on the battlefield (Bitterstones are a prime example of that). And last but not least: your enemies will fight you personally, not another copy paste mob in "lvl indicator visuals" which you can't really see outside of 1v1 anyway.
It also makes a lot of players feel better about their characters, having spent dozens of hours getting that toon to look just right.
And killing same looking mobs one after the other, day after day is boring af.

Just because you don't care doesn't make it meaningless. If anything it shows your attitude towards others.
First things first, I never said that it is meaningless, don't know when you get that from, but nevermind that I guess. I simply stated my opinion just as you just did yours.

You are right that it may fix alot of weird armour mismatch and whatnot, but I don't really care how my opponents look like or what they think about my transmog, I for example find destro armours ugly and thus don't care about how they look like. Most of the time I don't even have the time to observe what armour that one rando wears in the cluster of 3 or more warbands.
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

Jaffawer

Post#74 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:06 pm
Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm Why would anyone care if the other side can see my transmog or not? I personalyl don't care what type of scrap a random orc managed to duct tape on itself this time...
This exact quote proves my above point 100%. If one "does not care" for an issue, their opinion holds lesser validity than someone's who cares for the same issue.
You mix up two different things I'm afraid. That "I don't care part" which you wrongly interpret as "I don't care about this issue" means that I don't care about the other side's transmogs - therefore don't need to see them in combat -> supporting the option to not see enemy transmogs. This in no way devalues my stance and validity of my opinion on this subject.

NSKaneda

Post#75 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 pm First things first, I never said that it is meaningless, don't know when you get that from, but nevermind that I guess. I simply stated my opinion just as you just did yours.

You are right that it may fix alot of weird armour mismatch and whatnot, but I don't really care how my opponents look like or what they think about my transmog, I for example find destro armours ugly and thus don't care about how they look like. Most of the time I don't even have the time to observe what armour that one rando wears in the cluster of 3 or more warbands.

Aye, you are right in saying that seeing what some random player wears in a wb clash is impossible - patterns of enemies however are noticeable now (as in wave after wave of same looking toons).
By meaningless I meant that if you (and other players) don't care how your opponent looks like the odds should be in favour of alt appearance. Since it doesn't make a difference, i.e. doesn't mean anything, then those who care about aesthetics shouldn't be limited in their choices. It does bring a lot of life and variety to the lakes, at least in my (and people I've talked to) perception. Then there's this thing with alt apps having positive impact on play style (more confidence for one) but that can swing both ways. My lowbies are certainly attacked more by invaderlings nowadays ;)

I didn't mean for my words to be personal attack and I'm sorry if you thought them as such.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

kmark101

Post#76 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:31 am As I said the results will be shared, I will send the links tonight - Max was uploading them on the website. You will see how close the results are, if half of the community likes the change while the other half doesn't, was it really a game mess-up? It might be for you, but not for the others. We will talk internally about the results and come up with a solution that suits the community, but also one that accounts for both opinions.

As for my personal opinion, I agree with you that surveys are meant to be done before a major change, in most cases it would save devs some time but it could also lack the basic testing for players to experience that change. Both ways are not perfect, but your point is clear and understood.

If the results are close that is a direct result of very misleading questions and answer options.... no offense but the wording of the answer options especially could go either way, especially for people without good english language skill...

Survey was closed I think because for example for my characters they kept popping up every single time I entered Altdorf, not just once on every character, but nonstop (even after a scenario when I loaded back to Altdorf, the survey kept poopping up every time so after a while I just clicked open and close immediately to make it disappear... fyi might have been a bug with this system)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Jaffawer

Post#77 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:41 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 pm First things first, I never said that it is meaningless, don't know when you get that from, but nevermind that I guess. I simply stated my opinion just as you just did yours.

Aye, you are right in saying that seeing what some random player wears in a wb clash is impossible - patterns of enemies however are noticeable now (as in wave after wave of same looking toons).
By meaningless I meant that if you (and other players) don't care how your opponent looks like the odds should be in favour of alt appearance. Since it doesn't make a difference, i.e. doesn't mean anything, then those who care about aesthetics shouldn't be limited in their choices. It does bring a lot of life and variety to the lakes, at least in my (and people I've talked to) perception. Then there's this thing with alt apps having positive impact on play style (more confidence for one) but that can swing both ways. My lowbies are certainly attacked more by invaderlings nowadays ;)

I didn't mean for my words to be personal attack and I'm sorry if you thought them as such.
I do see your point and can agree on some of them, but in my opinion I don't think that this really matters in large-scale combat (and I am sure that it improves server performance as well which is the most important to me). There are however cases like scenarios and small group-fights where being able to see other side's transmog can be, for some, a good thing as you said. The issue is that I guess there is no way to make a system that would enable or disable transmog visibility based on the number of players in combat.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#78 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:42 pm

The questions were translated on the forums. The output of the surveys takes into consideration multiple characters on accounts.
Max Hayman

Ads
Jaffawer

Post#79 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm

I'm curious, do we have any statistics whether this change affects the server performance and if so to what extent?

NSKaneda

Post#80 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:41 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Spoiler:

I do see your point and can agree on some of them, but in my opinion I don't think that this really matters in large-scale combat (and I am sure that it improves server performance as well which is the most important to me). There are however cases like scenarios and small group-fights where being able to see other side's transmog can be, for some, a good thing as you said. The issue is that I guess there is no way to make a system that would enable or disable transmog visibility based on the number of players in combat.

Best solution would be to make alt apps visible or not as a toggle in UI options but I don't know if that's possible on the dev side.
Small groups or scenarios boil down to confidence a player has in his skills and his build but that already has been mentioned.

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm I'm curious, do we have any statistics whether this change affects the server performance and if so to what extent?

Given the stutter and increased micro lag over past few weeks I'd say it affected the performance in rather negative way.
Cya on the battlefield&gud huntin' :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *