Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you like new armor appearance chang?

No please revert it back to normal
71%
Yes leave it as is now
29%
Total votes: 303

GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: [Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Post#81 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm

-
Mistdancer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:35 am That means that you are comparing opinions that care versus opinions that do not care /that are cynical about the matter / that could have it either way /that acquired a counter stance on the matter rather than a stand alone stance with a certain historicity.
Your perception is wrong, the ones who "don't care" as you said, didn't reject appearance on enemy realm just because they don't want it. They were given a choice: Performance or Appearance? And only then, they said they wouldn't care about appearance.

That's an issue with how the initial message was delivered and we made a mistake, in my opinion, because we couldn't evaluate the performance impact which was not felt by the community. We kind of failed and there's nothing wrong with that, since we acknowledged it and are adjusting it. Appearance will come back in a way.

-
Kragg wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:22 pm The poll here speaks for itself as well.
It does not. The very minority on the forums who voted, are within an already minority that uses the forums.

-
Grock wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm Isn't that what always happens? People don't like lots of text :lol: gotta keep it very very short
Well yes but I'm not advertising here to grab your attention. It's an issue that directly affects you, the player. The least you (as community member) can do is to push the results to how you favor the game.

-
kmark101 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 pm If the results are close that is a direct result of very misleading questions and answer options.... no offense but the wording of the answer options especially could go either way, especially for people without good english language skill...

Survey was closed I think because for example for my characters they kept popping up every single time I entered Altdorf, not just once on every character, but nonstop (even after a scenario when I loaded back to Altdorf, the survey kept poopping up every time so after a while I just clicked open and close immediately to make it disappear... fyi might have been a bug with this system)
The survey was translated to the major languages spoken by our community. The links of the translations were shared on the game client.

We count the account votes, not the characters' votes.

-
Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm I'm curious, do we have any statistics whether this change affects the server performance and if so to what extent?
The majority said they didn't feel a difference.

Ads
Mistdancer

Post#82 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:06 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm -
Mistdancer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:35 am That means that you are comparing opinions that care versus opinions that do not care /that are cynical about the matter / that could have it either way /that acquired a counter stance on the matter rather than a stand alone stance with a certain historicity.
Your perception is wrong, the ones who "don't care" as you said, didn't reject appearance on enemy realm just because they don't want it. They were given a choice: Performance or Appearance? And only then, they said they wouldn't care about appearance.

That's an issue with how the initial message was delivered and we made a mistake, in my opinion, because we couldn't evaluate the performance impact which was not felt by the community. We kind of failed and there's nothing wrong with that, since we acknowledged it and are adjusting it. Appearance will come back in a way.
The "performance or appearance" dilemma is a false one which dictates and suggests the answer from those who already are indifferent to appearances to begin with and who are now given the impression that such a change supposedly enhances or improves performance, something that has not only not been proven but it is also been refuted by the player base in this same survey.

This choice you are referring to, is a fabricated one.

It did not exist before. It is not like it was a proven fact that the game was on the verge of collapsing due to fashiohammer and players already voiced concerns about it and lobbied for this change long before it was actually introduced. They had NO opinion on the issue, because there was no issue to begin with. That (along with the fact that the survey questions were versed and communicated incorrectly) also explains why people did not participate.

A similar survey on, lets say SH powerlevel, or rampage, or off spec viability etc, or realm switching (which are issues strongly discussed already and people have strong opinions on) would not have the same non participation.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#83 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:43 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:06 pm A similar survey on, lets say SH powerlevel, or rampage, or off spec viability etc, or realm switching (which are issues strongly discussed already and people have strong opinions on) would not have the same non participation.
There won't be surveys discussing class balance, instead, there will be other measures that will be shared soon. Let's not speak as if this is the 67th survey and it shockingly had low engagement, previous ones had closer results but I stressed on these two because they're still heated.

I'll just leave the rest as that's your opinion, but it's meaningless to proceed with endless arguments. Can we change how the survey is communicated in the future? Yes. Can we make the questions more direct? It depends. But for now, it's done and the data is more than enough to address the recent changes.

Edit: I will lock the thread cause it seems some people just like to argue. The survey has been done to serve the community's interests. The results serve the community's interests. The voices have been heard, otherwise there wouldn't have been 2 surveys in 3 days.