Recent Topics

Ads

PUG-Only Weekend Warfront SCs

Let's talk about... everything else
ierja

PUG-Only Weekend Warfront SCs

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:34 am

I know this has been raised in the past. Please add a PUG-only option for the Weekend Warfront SC events. The xp / rp / token rewards could be slightly less . . . fine.

I'm solo queue'ing in T2/T3 at the moment. My guildies are offline since it's the middle of the night. There is no good reason why I should have to face the same opposing faction's 6-man premade if I want to play now, but that's the reality if I want to do the event on this toon. Could I wait for my guildies to log on tomorrow and do a premade myself? Of course. Could I try to make my own quasi-premade with randos in LFG? Of course. But why should these be the only option? Except for those people who exclusively play in pre-mades 100% of the time, this adjustment would be a Q.o.L. boon for most players. Please consider it. Devs, I know you're smart and committed enough to find a good solution.

FYI: not responding to this thread.

Ads
geezereur

Re: PUG-Only Weekend Warfront SCs

Post#2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 am

Yes plz its a pure nightmare since the other scs are not popping.
Its always premade farming pug on weekends scs, thats why im not playing anymore on weekends.

Sever1n

Post#3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:35 am

Yes thats true, those events really olny event for premades. For soloplayers its a 1/10 win/lose and often with sadism from premade side. Waste of time and mood. Can u make add more sc in solo list? I dont have anyting against premade play, but when good geared preamades just :| guys who dont wish 24/7 play in company thats feel just wrong. U can just add a few scenarios to pug coz reikfactory i see when im sleep, and make a pug copy for event map.

Bajlk

Post#4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 am

I'm sure they change this in the future - even when it already should - since Premade vs. PUG is not how the system should be working.

Detangler

Post#5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 am

Hey, people successfully lobbied city sieges to be super casual-friendly cause taking 10 minutes trying to make a balanced group in /5 for an hour and a half commitment to gaming is too hard.

How long will it take to do 5-10 scenarios? Iwould guess the vast majority of players complete the event in this many games, depending on teammate and/or matchmaking quality, although it can be real streaky sometimes if you dont bother to try to form your own group.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:06 pm

People, stop being allergic to group play.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Strakar

Post#7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Wait until later in the weekend when the premades already completed the live event. Also, if you get smeared in your first sc, it's likely you'll run into the same match up. Take a couple hours off and try again. You can get on a roll with the same group and rattle off 5-10 wins in a row too.

Don't just keep feeding expecting to get a different result, the 1 emblem and 500 rp you get from losing is pointless.

Thats assuming you don't just take advice from other posters to group up or git guud.

Vri

Post#8 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:08 am

Come on guys ! LOL !

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:15 am

I would prefer if the developers spent more time encouraging premades than any pug content. Pugging in an mmorpg is silly, especially in a scenario where you WILL be atleast 6v6 and likely 12v12.

lyncher12

Post#10 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 am

why are people so desperate to play on a team of 9 ranged dps 1 focused offense tank and 2 dps healers