Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: How was your performance affected by the appearance changes?

Performance is improved.
23%
Performance is unaffected.
73%
Performance is worse.
4%
Total votes: 122

Oglaf
Suspended

[Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 pm

Now that the enemy faction's Fashionhammer(TM) isn't loaded, are you noticing any improvement in oRvR? Personally, I think the changes are fine if they do indeed improve performance. I've definitely noticed that the game seems to be choppier when loading enemy player models than friendly for some reason (this was before the changes, mind you).

I'm eager to test if it was improved, but I'm also curious what other players are experiencing. For the sake of feedback. Was the change worth it?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: [Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm

So far i see much better frametimes, less spikes and overall improvement... then again its not scientific data, cause situations are different and its hard to compare since we don't have the toggle... but i seem to get around 10-15 FPS more in general in big fights and less frametime spikes... more testing is needed ofc to see if that wasn't just a situation where i could have better fps previously also.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

oaliaen

Re: [Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Post#3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Only noticed the faster load times...

Bowldancer

Post#4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Impossible to judge for me. There was always a high variance in performance.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

StirlingScott

Post#5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:18 pm

I'm definitely one of those that hated the change and was going to vote "performance unaffected" however it would be irresponsible of me to really say that since I'm not sure if that would be true.

If the change really does help performance....then ok I'm going to have to learn to live with the change

If the change doesn't help performance...then yea, please change it back.

If you plan to vote here, please be honest with it
:twisted: MYRMIDONZ Special: My WH PvP vid in Dragonwake! 10 years and my results are OFF THE CHARTS! :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRMUzl ... e=youtu.be

Drednes

Post#6 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 pm

not really big fights are still lagy (as they must be cant really stop that)
!and just look more bland now
city is a prime example all chars look the same but it still sometimes spikes or stutters so no real boost
i have not noticed a Real change in performance (and i run my effects on off and low)

Zeerow

Post#7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:23 pm

It's funny cause a dev was playing with Gravord yesterday, they went to bb after City.

During the run Grav asked him specifically, does the Fashion change improve FPS and he clearly said that "No it doesn't". It's just correct with what was on live and nothing more. Later he said that there was confusion in the patch notes thread saying that it does.

Case closed.

Tyrex2017

Post#8 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Nope, no improvment here. It s still lag lag lag when a certain destro guild is pushing.

Ads
duvalx

Post#9 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:34 pm

only lagg when FMJ are about .. but its well known they exploit
given up trying to play the good guys!

hammerhead

Post#10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm

I have a two-monitor system (I need it for work), and I always have a problem with loading through zones. I literally upload last. In comparison, everything became noticeably faster, and how loading and bolster / debolster and the fight itself (even with all the effects at maximum) became noticeably smoother after the patch. Missing microfreezes after the battle. And even somewhere in places I felt that my skill had grown. Thank you!

I see that people have different feeling, it is better to make a more detailed survey including configuration. And do it at least in a week.
(\|)o0(|/)