Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: How was your performance affected by the appearance changes?

Performance is improved.
23%
Performance is unaffected.
73%
Performance is worse.
4%
Total votes: 122

xpander
Community Management

Re: [Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Post#11 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Zeerow wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:23 pm It's funny cause a dev was playing with Gravord yesterday, they went to bb after City.

During the run Grav asked him specifically, does the Fashion change improve FPS and he clearly said that "No it doesn't". It's just correct with what was on live and nothing more. Later he said that there was confusion in the patch notes thread saying that it does.

Case closed.
well it even says on patchnotes: (performance adjustments)
anyway so far i have seen some increases, but yeah who knows, might have been just lucky fights or whatnot
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Zeerow

Re: [Poll] Are you noticing any performance improvement post-appearance changes?

Post#12 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:57 pm

I've took the time to Clip the Broadcast. Here you go.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulWanderingTeaThunBeast

neutrino

Post#13 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm

I didn't read the notes. Game seemed the same ol' 2008 performing Warhammer to me.....

Wish my 2020 computer equipment could be fully utilized......
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

pc308025

Post#14 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Performance is unaffected.

space44

Post#15 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:30 pm

i want to be able to see enemies sense of style again. it gives me inspiration to play their class. maybe a menu toggle option for this topic. maybe on the General section of User Settings.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 pm

duvalx wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:34 pm only lagg when FMJ are about .. but its well known they exploit
Pretty much. I think they stack two buffs that are the same so the game constantly has to overwrite them. Maybe two chosens having the same aura strength so the game has to swap between them? Everyone knows about it but nobody is willing to say anything about it.

I digress.

The performance may be improved, but it also may be so miniscule that it is very hard to notice.

I personally have noticed no real performance improvement. Aside from slightly faster loading times into zones. Combat and the game "in action" still feel the same.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 pm
duvalx wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:34 pm only lagg when FMJ are about .. but its well known they exploit
Pretty much. I think they stack two buffs that are the same so the game constantly has to overwrite them. Maybe two chosens having the same aura strength so the game has to swap between them? Everyone knows about it but nobody is willing to say anything about it.

I digress.

The performance may be improved, but it also may be so miniscule that it is very hard to notice.

I personally have noticed no real performance improvement. Aside from slightly faster loading times into zones. Combat and the game "in action" still feel the same.
No one has demonstrated this in action. It's a myth, always has been.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sponn
Suspended

Post#18 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:06 pm
Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 pm

I digress.

No one has demonstrated this in action. It's a myth, always has been.
Well there is the definitive answer, thanks for the clarification.

Ads
Sofong

Post#19 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm

it does feels better actually.

nocturnalguest

Post#20 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Zeerow wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:57 pm I've took the time to Clip the Broadcast. Here you go.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulWanderingTeaThunBeast
Makes sense. People who claim FPS increase sound so... clueless?