Yes - Now its fair to see it on map.
44%
No - it was fine and more tacitc
56%
Total votes: 131

Toshutkidup

Re: Ram on map? Yes oder no?

Post#11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 am

Honestly doesn’t matter.. 99% a streamer is on streaming it and at least half the viewers watching just tell their side what’s happening anyway. Don’t lie and say it doesn’t happen..
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Bajlk

Post#12 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:02 am

Removing SOR numbers but showing Ram. 😂

zulnam

Post#13 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 am

In ideal situations you have multiple WBs communicating on zone chat to coordinate ram movement or intercept.

This is much more rewarding and fun, imo. It helps maintain that social aspect that modern MMOs seem to have lost.

But of course it's not always an ideal situation, and at low peak times or when there's little communication going on, an icon sounds useful.

Personally i don't like the idea, but it's a bit early to say if it's good or bad. Maybe we all play around with it a bit and come back to the subject in 2-3 weeks?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Asherdoom

Post#14 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 am

AxelF wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:35 pm Should be visible to the friendly realm only, absolutely no need for the enemy to see it.
Give this man an award: i totally agree on this

Neverever

Post#15 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:19 pm

I think it is better to have it shown on the map. Ram hunting is better than sitting in front of a door for 30 minutes.

Whyumadbro

Post#16 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:22 pm

ram should not be visible on map, this limits the tactics

PlagueMonk

Post#17 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:26 pm

I would like a 3rd option.
It remains invisible on the map UNTIL someone on the opposing side actually comes within say 125' of it. Only then should it show up, imho.
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akalukz

Post#18 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:51 pm

one of the best things done imo was show ram on the map. I have seen multipe fights around the ram rather than boring as keep attacks. Should place a bigger reward on killing a guarded ram.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Tom

Post#19 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Terrible idea. Reminds me of the bug back in ... was it T2.. where you could see all the enemies as dots on the map at all times, including those in stealth.

Wam

Post#20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:52 am

MaxHayman wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm Should have had a third option of "Only Own Realm"
It is hard choice... and needs more data

but from early opinion

gut feeling says, Only own realm > yes > no (you will probably have streamers with open maps though)

if it encourages fights out of keep then maybe yes > only own realm... depends if community is just going to encourage sit in keeps and play ultra boring lemming defense and siege/funnel wars becoming more tedious... where in ROR the USP is the open field orvr and battles all over the map not the sieges or forts, they are the weakest part of the game and everyone knows this, due to repitiveness /lags / frames... or imbalances with choke/oil/keep lord being pulled etc instead of open field where movement is bigger factor and more terrain ambush variations.

only own realm is the middle ground, if yes showing ram to both doesnt work out as intended... yes is bonus for defenders and its questionable if they need more help with current status quo (reduces the need of scouts and guerilla warfare)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]