[Zarbix] Talking about class balance

Let's talk about... everything else
balvor877
Suspended

Re: [Zarbix] Talking about class balance

Post#71 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:21 pm

leondre25 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:14 pm
balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:10 pm
leondre25 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm And the thread devolves into arguing about squig herder. has anyone watched any of the VOD past the first 5 minutes of the stated time or did you just hear him say it has too much and came to turn this into another whine thread about whether or not SH is OP. or you can go to the 5 other threads for that, im sure the devs don't need another thread to ignore until they need a good laugh. lets try to discuss some of the other opinions instead of the squigg back and forth.
Because people dont understand why they are giving tons of stuff and buffs to oneclass - the SH - even several times while at the same time nerfing the primary counter of the class (WLs) and making sorcs basically obsolete because SHs are the better 'casters'.
i get that. but reading through this thread is always the same song and dance. Its OP. No Its not OP. No it Is OP. No but look at this class. No but look at that class. No U. No U. No U. No U. Repeat until the thread dies. id rather discuss the more interesting topics he has offered then just have the 8th SH thread where nothing gets discussed
That's only the destro lobby group because it's obvious that it is op and they know it but they keep pulling thing out of thin air to defent their op class. These trolls destroy every discussion because they dont want to discuss it. They want to render the thread into a sh*t show so the devs stop reading.

Ads
WARChosen

Post#72 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Neverever wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:13 pm
gandresch wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:41 pm
Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm Thank god, this is balanced:
3.2k from 100ft+ vs 2.2k in melee :roll:
I expected really more of you. Didn't thought that you are on the same level like Neverever. I was wrong.
It's not like a SH could use Poison Arrow in that time too or?
Lol your level sounds too ignorant, so can't blame him to step out. Poison Arrer compared to Fastering arrow is a joke. SH big shooting tree has nothing comparable to what you see in the following video.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Happy watching.
This is like:
SW hit 3,2k from 100ft Order - this is how need to be, dare to even try to post a balance discuss about it.
SH hit mele 2,2k All order roam the forum how this is OP class like always for 6 years.

mryay

Post#73 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm
Spoiler:
knick wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm
Spoiler:
Thank god, this is balanced:
3.2k from 100ft+ vs 2.2k in melee :roll:

3.2k on a RR 45 with Vengeance + crit vs 2.2k from pet attacking and can do this for 15 seconds??
U realize gear of a target basically does not matter for Fester damage?
You are wrong.
- Festering Arrow (FA) is reduced by Toughness, therefore by gear.
- Normal FA can be dodged and blocked
- %Crit chances are reduced by init and %chance reduction

Only the combo Vengeance of Nagarythe (VoN) + FA guaranteed that the arrow will land.

To educate one, the "good" FA conditions are :
- FA needs to have "Enchanted Arrow" (to ignore resistance) tactics
- The %critical chances in the SW gears comes quite late and overall, the base %critical chances on the gear are pretty sh*t overall so, early on (and sometimes even in RR80+ builds) you slot Bull's eye tactic (20% crit chance for 5s, on crit, with a trade-off on incoming +10% chance to be crit).
- Must be in Scout stance (FA is only available in Scout)
- VoN must be activated (30s CD)
- It needs to crit
- It needs to land (only applicable VoN not active, but then you lose 25% base skill damage)

Optional, but significant in the equation:
- "No Quarter" tactic to reduce the cast time to 2s --> highly recommended otherwise 3s cast can be interrupted, set back, or someone will jump on you.
- If you use Glass Arrow, you run out of AP

On a side note, if you know the number of times my SW has been hit by Magus' "Bolt of Change" for 2.8k+. The skill is:
- Undefendable by design
- Range: 150 feet. 185 feet with Pink Horror (which does damage too in the meantime).

Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Akalukz

Post#74 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:24 pm Put 30 sec cooldown on pets after one dies. That puts the drawback of having your pet die and puts some bite into tactics and skills that require a pet. You know...like a WL
Done. SH already need pet alive to use some skills. Btw putting same cd on sguishy SH ranged pets with 2s cast time vs almost instacasted ones on the move is just lol.
Pet dies, you just make another one (of a different type) right? Still get all the "pet required" stuff. Could possibly tie certain things to certain pets. x Skill requires x pet.
-= Agony =-

Xergon

Post#75 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm

mryay wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:36 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

3.2k on a RR 45 with Vengeance + crit vs 2.2k from pet attacking and can do this for 15 seconds??
You are wrong.
Cheers
You are wrong cuz i said BASICALLY, please tell me, how much Toughness increase is from Annihilator to like Invader on RSH ? Then tell me how much that HUGE TOUGHNESS value difference does mitigate dmg...

I know those numbers, i let u to run them down.

Don't try to play smart because you are not.
Last edited by Xergon on Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Neverever

Post#76 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:16 pm

mryay wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:36 pm
Spoiler:

You are wrong.

Only the combo Vengeance of Nagarythe (VoN) + FA guaranteed that the arrow will land.

To educate one, the "good" FA conditions are :
- FA needs to have "Enchanted Arrow" (to ignore resistance) tactics
- The %critical chances in the SW gears comes quite late and overall, the base %critical chances on the gear are pretty sh*t overall so, early on (and sometimes even in RR80+ builds) you slot Bull's eye tactic (20% crit chance for 5s, on crit, with a trade-off on incoming +10% chance to be crit).
- Must be in Scout stance (FA is only available in Scout)
- VoN must be activated (30s CD)
- It needs to crit
- It needs to land (only applicable VoN not active, but then you lose 25% base skill damage)

Optional, but significant in the equation:
- "No Quarter" tactic to reduce the cast time to 2s --> highly recommended otherwise 3s cast can be interrupted, set back, or someone will jump on you.
- If you use Glass Arrow, you run out of AP

On a side note, if you know the number of times my SW has been hit by Magus' "Bolt of Change" for 2.8k+. The skill is:
- Undefendable by design
- Range: 150 feet. 185 feet with Pink Horror (which does damage too in the meantime).

Cheers
The sad truth (well at least sad considering your show off above) toughness is not a stat which changes much between SH gear. Have to check but I wouldn't be surprised if anhi gear grants more toughness than sov and invader. I run a mix of invader and sov and my toughness is around 47 atm.

jughurta69

Post#77 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:30 pm

The problem is not the SH or SW but all range , outside Sorc and BW

For me range have too much critical chance , too much damage , too much survivability .

if range have dps/burst cc need mechanics with slight constraints

Example

For SH/SW
remove disarm without parry , for stun only if ennemi ( effect) is on the target
Silence have damage only if you attack them from behind

Engi/magus
mine and daemonic infestation cast 1 s and CD 1 min

Pet give a lot of bonus , create a big malus if pet no invoc in 10s for To force to stop dps to invoke . remove malus with 1 tactic (when you play without pet you dont have any malus . invock impossible)

Arch/Sham/DoK/WP
If use tactics dps , cure impossible , impossible to slot morale 3 divine protection, res impossible

Zealot/Runie
when use dps stance , impossible use or have on self Grimnir Shield / Embrace the Warp , cure impossible and res too

Vri

Post#78 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 am

This thread, at some points, makes it seem like hordes of wild squig are roaming the world in a death squad, rampaging and killing at will. Order cant even log without being hunted down.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#79 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 am

Vri wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 am This thread, at some points, makes it seem like hordes of wild squig are roaming the world in a death squad, rampaging and killing at will. Order cant even log without being hunted down.
During NA, it's no so far out of line of thinking, there seems to be a large amount recently.
-= Agony =-

Vri

Post#80 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:50 am

Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 am
Vri wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 am This thread, at some points, makes it seem like hordes of wild squig are roaming the world in a death squad, rampaging and killing at will. Order cant even log without being hunted down.
During NA, it's no so far out of line of thinking, there seems to be a large amount recently.
Since i have no life and log NA late nights, i can confirm, that i do see a lot BUT the vast amount are far from geared.