Recent Topics

Ads

Shield DOK / WP

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Shield DOK / WP

Post#31 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Could you point on the doll where Iyvan touched you?

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:00 pm

ByzantineTime wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm why can shaman dps + heal at the same time?? those would be arguments then.
Because according to a former lead developer of this server a class that dps and heal at the same time is an abomination (you might still find the statement from torquemadra somewhere in the forum).

But you shouldn´t balance a class around such a minor gamemode like solo ranked.

Btw. Is the 85% healing of sigmars radiance/transfer essence based on the basic dmg of the abilities (depending on how many points you put in the tree) or based on the strength contribution to the abilities (tooltip dmg)?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:00 pm
ByzantineTime wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm why can shaman dps + heal at the same time?? those would be arguments then.
Because according to a former lead developer of this server a class that dps and heal at the same time is an abomination (you might still find the statement from torquemadra somewhere in the forum).

But you shouldn´t balance a class around such a minor gamemode like solo ranked.

Btw. Is the 85% healing of sigmars radiance/transfer essence based on the basic dmg of the abilities (depending on how many points you put in the tree) or based on the strength contribution to the abilities (tooltip dmg)?
I was just making a point what would people say if shaman had 350% heal from his damaging spells even if it's only 2. ( FODG not counted )

it's an abomination like you said according to that guy, yet shield WP/DOK exists and it's disgusting in my opinion.
I'm surprised more shield dok/wps don't solo roam, I guess people not aware of it, I don't see how they lose fights besides they won't be able to kill healers, but they should rekt any dpsers/2h tanks easily.

sure not just solo ranked, I've seen ivyan and i tihnk more doing very well in scenarios, not sure about 24v24 in cities tho.

Mergrim

Post#34 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

ByzantineTime wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:18 pm

I was just making a point what would people say if shaman had 350% heal from his damaging spells even if it's only 2. ( FODG not counted )

it's an abomination like you said according to that guy, yet shield WP/DOK exists and it's disgusting in my opinion.
I'm surprised more shield dok/wps don't solo roam, I guess people not aware of it, I don't see how they lose fights besides they won't be able to kill healers, but they should rekt any dpsers/2h tanks easily.

sure not just solo ranked, I've seen ivyan and i tihnk more doing very well in scenarios, not sure about 24v24 in cities tho.
In cities balance fight team with guard you x2 any other healer as a shield dok/wp.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:38 pm

A melee wp has around a 0% chance to win against a dps shaman or sh. mdok against SW or dps AM has a slightly better chance, but at best he gets a draw.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

VindicoAtrum

Post#36 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:43 pm

You sound like someone who doesn't have either class. They get kited to the moon and back. No ranged capability, no chasing mechanism, no leaping mechanism. One single snare ruins them because if their opponent runs in a straight line away they can never catch.

Know how much you heal when you can't hit your target? Nothing.

lyncher12

Post#37 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:57 pm

the problem is its op in solo ranked but not really that good elsewhere so it will never be balanced. if you are playing against 2 shield doks theres a good chance your team just dies in the first minute because its unhealable.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:12 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:57 pm the problem is its op in solo ranked but not really that good elsewhere so it will never be balanced. if you are playing against 2 shield doks theres a good chance your team just dies in the first minute because its unhealable.
the problem is, u can get away with it in soloranked if u have a bad team. let's try the cc thing next time!

Ads
lyncher12

Post#39 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:17 pm

ufthakk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:12 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:57 pm the problem is its op in solo ranked but not really that good elsewhere so it will never be balanced. if you are playing against 2 shield doks theres a good chance your team just dies in the first minute because its unhealable.
the problem is, u can get away with it in soloranked if u have a bad team. let's try the cc thing next time!
if you arent the tank theres really nothing you can do and even then you only have one punt per 10 seconds and one kd per 20

MMXX43

Post#40 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 pm

DoK is more than fine , WP not so .