Recent Topics

Ads

Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
StirlingScott
Posts: 29

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#61 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 pm

Can't you just bypass lockout timers with a VPN? The lockout timer is stupid to begin with
:twisted: MYRMIDONZ Special: My WH PvP vid in Dragonwake! 10 years and my results are OFF THE CHARTS! :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRMUzl ... e=youtu.be

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 5268

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#62 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 pm

Vri wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm

What do you think about a reward for being locked into one realm for x-amount of played days ?
Rewards for just being there? No thanks.
Dying is no option.

lyncher12
Posts: 477

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#63 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:53 am

StirlingScott wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 pm
Can't you just bypass lockout timers with a VPN? The lockout timer is stupid to begin with
you used to be able to but when they added invader for deffing end zones it got out of control

Tankbeardz
Posts: 616

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#64 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:15 am

Honestly, I hope it happens so that people can whine about something else. It's always anecdotal BS that I really doubt has as big of an impact as people claim.

Karkaroth
Posts: 6

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#65 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:34 am

I xrealm and hope this happens too not because I want it to happen but just so that both realms see that they are in fact just a buncha whiners. Side note this is a waste of dev's time people will just vpn please provide a solid argument for that!

anarchypark
Posts: 1813

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:58 am

commitment is real issue in xrealming.
you just can't switch friend-foe mental by 1 click, unless entire team switch.
in that case your friends are same, easier to commit.

call it realm pride or whatever.
because there are hundreds of other players( former enemies ) in 1 side, you need time to blend into that faction.
otherwise you don't commit for faction.
you don't guard or heal like you were in former realm. not willing to do hard work like push, funnel block.
just get the reward so i can switch again for another reward.

90m is too short to make mind for commitment.
8 hours like live, sound ok to me.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB5, EG5, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

User avatar
Vri
Suspended
Posts: 209

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#67 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 am

Sulorie wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 pm
Vri wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm

What do you think about a reward for being locked into one realm for x-amount of played days ?
Rewards for just being there? No thanks.
Can confirm xrealmer.

User avatar
Nekkma
Posts: 633

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#68 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 am

If you want realmpride you need to make realms matter and that means reverting all the loser rewards introduced, e.g. only sov for the attacking realm. I doubt the "xrealming is bad" crowd is really up for that.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Sundowner
Posts: 384

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#69 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:40 am

Nekkma wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 am
If you want realmpride you need to make realms matter and that means reverting all the loser rewards introduced, e.g. only sov for the attacking realm. I doubt the "xrealming is bad" crowd is really up for that.
very nice way to kill a game :D

User avatar
Nekkma
Posts: 633

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#70 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:49 am

Sundowner wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:40 am
Nekkma wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 am
If you want realmpride you need to make realms matter and that means reverting all the loser rewards introduced, e.g. only sov for the attacking realm. I doubt the "xrealming is bad" crowd is really up for that.
very nice way to kill a game :D
This is how it used to be and back then we had real realmpride and realm co-operation. As someone pointed out a few pages back, this game is more guild based than realmbased. Why should I care aboutrealm when the only thing that matters in the end is if my guild/group wins? Personally, I think the guild based gameplay is fine. I just pointed out what realmpride really means in practice. Going on about realmpride and faction lock when realm performance means nothing at all in game is misdirected. Faction lock does not create any realmpride.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bossabe and 53 guests