Recent Topics

Ads

Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#21 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 pm

Arthem wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:08 pm I'd set it for 2 weeks tbh.

and a lot of players would lose gold and other items in the mail due to expiring mail.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#22 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Support the idea
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

duvalx

Post#23 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Makes me laugh people on here saying they check to see what side is under populated then log to that one..
Well maybe the odd one might do that .. but lets be honest you xrealmers just look to see what side is winning then stay or change... the server status of 60/40 split to destro tells that story quite clear.
4 hour lock out ... on logout minimum .
given up trying to play the good guys!

PlagueMonk

Post#24 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 pm no lockouts! xrealming is part of the game, the current lockout are enough allready
I think you are under the impression it's part of the game meta, which it is not. It is only tolerated because there is only ONE server, that is the only reason. If there were 2 servers I can guarantee, you would only be allowed to pick a single side. Proof of this is the lockout timers themselves.

As others have explained in other threads, Xrealming is actually hurting the game because people are exploiting the game mechanics to their advantage. This might be great for the Xrealmer but it sucks for those who are not doing it.

Lockout timers help somewhat but I don't think they are enough and feel 3 hours would be a more appropriate length of time.

7black

Post#25 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:06 am

Yes for 24 hr lockout. Best to pick a side and stick with it instead of having losers swap to the winning side and the winning side just starts to snowball.
From what i see order has so many people just swapping to destro when we are low on numbers.

Wam

Post#26 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:18 am

have no lockouts bring back freedom of movement... people will lose contri and cannot overstack fort defense like in the past due to population caps now in place...

if people swap back and forth looking for better action that meets their needs or desires, some of coure will obviously try ride gravy train but people do that already anyways and they always get stopped in forts (see how terrible destro pugs are in forts for prime example... pushing(zerging) zones just to be farmed in forts) if people are committed to defending properly.

more lockouts just devaules the game and community... we have a small player base and lack of competition as it is, to impose more limits is crazy... people always like to look for outside factors and wear the tin foil hat of blame x realm... or other side is OP arguement... but usually its either a "git gud" learn to play issue which effects the majority, or its a numbers issue and as this is a international server with many different timezones and active raid times... you cannot always play the x realm card unless you are totally ignorant.

Tonight roamed around looking for order... order hide in keep, barely come out to fight just sitting in reikland keep while they lose DW and TM... and those that did come out got swatted because their realmmates was sitting in keep or warcamp not helping them putting them at disadvantage numbers wise... totally x realm problem :roll: that your allies are fight avoiding, so you are outnumbered in fights when enemy has aao ... finish raid early due to lack of action and surprise surprise some order premade starts after we finish to have it easy farming na pugs ... clearly x realm problem and not people looking for path of least resistance.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Sarnai

Post#27 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:27 am

remove realms
WH looking for gunbad left

lyncher12

Post#28 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 am

Even the current lockout should be removed.

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#29 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:41 am

lockouts are incredibly stupid

Zhentarim

Post#30 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 am

24 hours is nothing, what makes it so difficult for people to stick to one side for a day? Theres no secret which side is the underdog during what times either. If theres not gonna be any lockouts whatsoever at least put a brand on the players that x-realm back and forth for their easy plays so other players can identify the x-realmers ingame.