Recent Topics

Ads

Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else
boomcat
Suspended

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#41 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 pm

as Wam is saying, is complete true, before i took a break from RoR TUP did more order WBs, to get more fights, and i was fed up by playing order when i was in thundercats.. so i had no intension logging into order, and simply took a break from the game, just got back in last night, and wantet to lvl a Mara.. and got to Tier 2.. Destro EVERYWHERE... no order. only inside keeps and in forts. i saw how destro got slapped every single fort encounter. it was demoralizing to watch.. dno if any of the old timers are still playing, think i saw a TUP WB last night.. but i went to bed after a fail siege in Eatain.. i dont see the Xrealm problem atm.. i see the poor competetive gameplay.. Destro zerging atm, mentality that we win by being more.. order sitting inside. and waiting to deff and farm destro who dont have leadership or just to many in hiveminds. Xrealm is not a problem here. i could as Ez log into my WP or WH if i wantet to farm some of these pug destro, but i want to try a Mara, so i endure that.. but giving Xrealm the blame for everything is just stupid.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
marafado
Suspended

Post#42 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:48 pm

i dont blame the players ;) the poor bastards have to lvl toons in 2 factions to enjoy ror gameplay...

Topdude

Post#43 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:14 pm

What made WAR great was realm pride and the focus on RvR not PvP. RoR's pop swings go in both directions.
Choose a realm for the day, make a commitment.
24 hr. lockout please!

lyncher12

Post#44 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm

yea, realm pride! most of the people on my faction are a waste of space, pushing forts and feeding 1k kills, but realm pride!

Sulorie

Post#45 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Nothing to see on your realm to feel pride, tbh.
Dying is no option.

Vri

Post#46 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:21 am
Vri wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 am The lockout timer is fine BUT if you xrealm, you are not allowed into forts and city for the same amount of time as the lockout.

Maybe a rewards system to keep people from xrealming ?
Or how about this, since the x-realmers dont want any lockouts and want to go back and forth for good fights let them do it. But add a 24hour of no renown or drops for x-realmers, they can go back and forth as much as they want but they dont gain anything from it. That would prevent those that switch sides for easy loots and those that just wanna have fun fights can still do as they want.
You are on to something, here !

PlagueMonk

Post#47 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Vri wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 am The lockout timer is fine BUT if you xrealm, you are not allowed into forts and city for the same amount of time as the lockout.

Or how about this, since the x-realmers dont want any lockouts and want to go back and forth for good fights let them do it. But add a 24hour of no renown or drops for x-realmers, they can go back and forth as much as they want but they dont gain anything from it. That would prevent those that switch sides for easy loots and those that just wanna have fun fights can still do as they want.
I could get onboard with this concept as well but not necessarily as restrictive. Maybe if you Xrealm, the best you can get is green bags and say a 50% renown reduction for 12 hours? That way people will still be getting something.

This would definitely bring out the true nature of those altruistic Xrealmers who claim to be doing it only for balance / a good fight and NOT bags. :roll: :twisted:

lyncher12

Post#48 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:44 pm

City sieges and its consequences have been a disaster for RoR

Ads
Vri

Post#49 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 pm

I could get onboard with this concept as well but not necessarily as restrictive. Maybe if you Xrealm, the best you can get is green bags and say a 50% renown reduction for 12 hours? That way people will still be getting something.

This would definitely bring out the true nature of those altruistic Xrealmers who claim to be doing it only for balance / a good fight and NOT bags. :roll: :twisted:
What do you think about a reward for being locked into one realm for x-amount of played days ?

Paxsanarion

Post#50 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 pm

Wam wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:18 am have no lockouts bring back freedom of movement... people will lose contri and cannot overstack fort defense like in the past due to population caps now in place...

if people swap back and forth looking for better action that meets their needs or desires, some of coure will obviously try ride gravy train but people do that already anyways and they always get stopped in forts (see how terrible destro pugs are in forts for prime example... pushing(zerging) zones just to be farmed in forts) if people are committed to defending properly.

more lockouts just devaules the game and community... we have a small player base and lack of competition as it is, to impose more limits is crazy... people always like to look for outside factors and wear the tin foil hat of blame x realm... or other side is OP arguement... but usually its either a "git gud" learn to play issue which effects the majority, or its a numbers issue and as this is a international server with many different timezones and active raid times... you cannot always play the x realm card unless you are totally ignorant.

Tonight roamed around looking for order... order hide in keep, barely come out to fight just sitting in reikland keep while they lose DW and TM... and those that did come out got swatted because their realmmates was sitting in keep or warcamp not helping them putting them at disadvantage numbers wise... totally x realm problem :roll: that your allies are fight avoiding, so you are outnumbered in fights when enemy has aao ... finish raid early due to lack of action and surprise surprise some order premade starts after we finish to have it easy farming na pugs ... clearly x realm problem and not people looking for path of least resistance.
Agree - remove lockouts