Recent Topics

Ads

Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else
Imsinin

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#51 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:47 pm

Why not start a real poll and see what people think?

No lock out
<3 hour
>3 hour

something like that...

Ads
Flet

Post#52 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 pm

Topdude wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:14 pm What made WAR great was realm pride and the focus on RvR not PvP. RoR's pop swings go in both directions.
Choose a realm for the day, make a commitment.
24 hr. lockout please!
Ive only played RoR now for 3 days so i cant comment on the specific dynamics of the server but as general principle and theory covering all RVR games be it daoc, planetside, or WAR, which i have played extensively over the years, faction loyalty and the feeling of realm camaraderie is kind of the whole point of RvR games vs simple factional pvp games (which tend to be guild based). The purpose of a realm is to create a larger 'us' so that even the strangers you meet are your friends and family evoking a unique community sensation other games lack. Thus i never understood why people would even want to switch in these kinds of games and honestly think they are 'doing it wrong'. For the purpose of just mechanical interest and exploration of the game i can of course see people wanting to take extended breaks from their main faction to immerse themselves in the other and see how it is. I myself played both factions of this game back on live, but one at a time with my mind and spirits fully invested in the faction i was playing. Normally multiple servers fulfill this kind of thinking but as there is only one server here naturally not locking people out of having to pick one faction per server is a necessary evil, though it would be the preferred way to handle the question in other games.

I saw someone mention rewards that build for playing a single faction uninterrupted over time. That might be a good idea. People tend to rebel against punishments. If you make cross faction play exist within a set of very strict and rigid mechanics people will see those elaborate mechanisms as in fact the games mechanics and view optimal realm switching strategy as part of the meta. Instead a softer and more psychological approach to modify player feelings towards the matter might be better. So rewards for faction loyalty, and maybe some catchy faction songs to uplift the spirits and create fanaticism.

Topdude

Post#53 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:56 pm

Flet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 pm I saw someone mention rewards that build for playing a single faction uninterrupted over time. That might be a good idea. People tend to rebel against punishments. If you make cross faction play exist within a set of very strict and rigid mechanics people will see those elaborate mechanisms as in fact the games mechanics and view optimal realm switching strategy as part of the meta. Instead a softer and more psychological approach to modify player feelings towards the matter might be better. So rewards for faction loyalty, and maybe some catchy faction songs to uplift the spirits and create fanaticism.
I apologize for paraphrasing your post as your first paragraph goes far to summing up the reality of what drives most MMOs. But this second paragraph contains a VERY valid idea (IMO) of a way to persuade players to commit to a side.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#54 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:57 pm

sure 24 hours, but u should still be able to logon the lower populated side.

Meliannia

Post#55 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:27 pm

24hr hrs is fine as paint and a long time coming.

Those jobless XRealming bums should be spending their time doing job searches online not Xrealming.

If possible can we add a voltage charged shock that comes through the pc to the xrealmer? say 100 volts, every time you xrealm the voltage shock increases by 100 volts. every day you dont xrealm reduces the shock by 25 volts. Thank you for your time on this.

"Swords In the Wind!"

The Mel.

Spyked1106

Post#56 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Even 24 hour lock is not enough
At least 3 days so 72 hours
Like any pve instance
+ Must be forbidden on last zones before fort (ex. Caledor-BC-CW for order, Eataine-Reikland-KV for destros)

Waldgeist

Post#57 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Guys,

As a realm fan player, I used always to commit to one realm and used never ever to log a single time on the other side (they really stink anyway).

Nowadays, I carry on to log on the same realm to play with my guildies.
Some time ago, I showed the game to my son. I helped him create a character, on my realm off course, and started to play with him.
Then, I left him play on his own. Next game session, he was not so keen with his first character, so I showed him how to create a brand new one.
After a while, he did play a dozen of characters and was usually switching to a new one when he reached level 10.
I thought he would commit to a main character at some point and that it was a good idea to test fisrt.
As I was joking on his max character being finally level 11, he told me "that's it daddy, I'm level 15, the week after, he was 20".
It was time to play with him again, so I logged in to play with him, but could'nt find its character name he gave me over discord ....
... I had to go to his pc to discover that his main character was finally a stincky one :/ Yes, exactly, one on the other side.
BTW, now after playing RoR, like after sport, he has to take a shower for god sake!

So now, if I want to play with my guildies and with my son, I have to switch on a regular basis between afternoons and evenings.
The actual timer is fine. However, for realm purpose, switching too often is unfortunate for many reasons already explained.
So, to take all situations into account, the best solution would be to add a timer that allow players to log in on either side anytime, but that would prohibit to get any realm rewards (xp, coins, items, etc.) for <insert any suitable timer>.

Thanks for your attention.

orillah
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:51 pm

For life lockout, you dedicate your life for sigmar or tzeench once and for all, no excusions!

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#59 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:10 pm

just remove the lockout and balance the classes

everyone wins :D

Mordd

Post#60 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:10 pm

OP lies. No poll....