Recent Topics

Ads

Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else
Strakar

Re: Poll for 24h lockout to combat xrealming

Post#31 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:07 am

Some nominal lockout from logout would be good to prevent immediate power shifts. 1h. 2h, something.

Has anyone talked about the carrot vs. stick to get people to log into the under populated realm the first time? Based on population differences and it varies in real time like AAO.

0-4% pop diff, no bonus. Meaning 52-48.
4-8%, 20% xp/rp/inf for lower side
8-12%, 40%
12%+, 60%

I think having AAO kick in earlier in each zone would be nice too. Even 20% can be 3+ WB difference with zergs and anything more than 40 the zone is basically lost.

Ads
Vri

Post#32 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 am

The lockout timer is fine BUT if you xrealm, you are not allowed into forts and city for the same amount of time as the lockout.

Maybe a rewards system to keep people from xrealming ?

Zhentarim

Post#33 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:21 am

Vri wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 am The lockout timer is fine BUT if you xrealm, you are not allowed into forts and city for the same amount of time as the lockout.

Maybe a rewards system to keep people from xrealming ?
Or how about this, since the x-realmers dont want any lockouts and want to go back and forth for good fights let them do it. But add a 24hour of no renown or drops for x-realmers, they can go back and forth as much as they want but they dont gain anything from it. That would prevent those that switch sides for easy loots and those that just wanna have fun fights can still do as they want.

Cabron101

Post#34 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:49 am

Where's the poll? Or am I missing something?

xpander
Community Management

Post#35 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am

imo best lockout would be if you only get it only for RvR/scenarios like currently, but like a debuff for 2-4h that will turn you into chicken on the opposite realm when you enter to oRvR Lake and prevents you from queueing to scenarios for example. But its probably not that easy to implement. Basically, say , if your Choppa goes into RvR then all your Order classes recieve the debuff for 2-4h.

This way people can still check their auctions, mail, banks, talk with guildies or do dungeons or whatever PvE content if they desire.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Whyumadbro

Post#36 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

PlagueMonk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:07 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 pm no lockouts! xrealming is part of the game, the current lockout are enough allready
I think you are under the impression it's part of the game meta, which it is not. It is only tolerated because there is only ONE server, that is the only reason. If there were 2 servers I can guarantee, you would only be allowed to pick a single side. Proof of this is the lockout timers themselves.

As others have explained in other threads, Xrealming is actually hurting the game because people are exploiting the game mechanics to their advantage. This might be great for the Xrealmer but it sucks for those who are not doing it.

Lockout timers help somewhat but I don't think they are enough and feel 3 hours would be a more appropriate length of time.
i dont think it is a part of the meta, my point comes from the direction of a small playerbase. My argument would be that if a private server restricts its players then the numbers will decrease. I agree with you that other players suffer because of this, i only play order for example. But with just 1,5k players top lockouts are kinda restrictive

Brakh

Post#37 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:54 am

If devs will be able to introduce IP based login restriction, it could work.
Otherwise you will only penalize players which are playing fair and sticking to single account.

marafado
Suspended

Post#38 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:51 am

"small playerbase" seems to be a major point at xrealm posts, yes we have the xrealm guilds that play on "underdog" side, the balance class boys, the mail box logers, the city loggers, the fort loggers, the push one side faction side and defend city on other side.... and go on, ahhh the pve loggers ;P
can we assume ror have this "small playerbase" problem beacause of the xrealm fest ror is!? :)

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#39 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:11 pm

marafado wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:51 am "small playerbase" seems to be a major point at xrealm posts, yes we have the xrealm guilds that play on "underdog" side, the balance class boys, the mail box logers, the city loggers, the fort loggers, the push one side faction side and defend city on other side.... and go on, ahhh the pve loggers ;P
can we assume ror have this "small playerbase" problem beacause of the xrealm fest ror is!? :)
No.
Why should we assume this?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Aurandilaz

Post#40 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:17 pm

can we just remove lockouts, since clearly 1 year after implementation people still complain about same crap "aaah too many enemies" "aaaah people relogging/swapping classes/alts/realms"... "why is everyone not playing the way i want" - "why cannot i blame everything on the nasty xrealmers"....

Was anything of value gained from adding the lockouts? Does the air feel fresher? Are forts still a shïtshow? Do keep sieges still suck when 200 people sit inside refusing to engage the attackers that have 100 AAO? Did people stop blaming others for their own mistakes or are people still raging about the nefarious xrealmers?