Recent Topics

Ads

To those that choose to vent their anger in public chats on Order

Let's talk about... everything else
Jeromas

To those that choose to vent their anger in public chats on Order

Post#1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Hello everyone,

We all love or used to love Warhammer online, and we come back because we enjoy the game or atleast aspects of the game...

...But atm where Order is on constant defense, all you notice on public chats, are people telling other people that they are s.hit at the game, how Order players are a waste of space or even that the developers favour Destruction over Order... And I get it.. we all get frustrated, angry and want to slag someone off, because of what just transpired in a certain zone, or how we feel in the lakes day after day.

With that in mind, I want you to think about how this affects the game, or rather, the people playing the game at the moment. In reality, any mmo's strength is its population. Without population, there's no game. So your negative comments / insults in public chats, can have actual impact on the state of the game and, in the end, could be a determining factor in, whether or not, RoR will stand the test of time.

I argue that, because you're venting anger and frustration, it must mean that you carry a certain amount of dedication and passion for this game.

With that in mind, it can be seen as self-destructive behaviour to actively participate in people leaving the game, or atleast taking prolonged breaks.

I'm not under any grand illusion that because you read this post, you'll stop spewing anger and frustration in public chats, but I'm hoping you will keep it in mind next time you feel like spewing in a channel.

Regards,

An Order player

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: To those that choose to vent their anger in public chats on Order

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 pm

There is a report function in-game, it generates tickets for the GM team, and they are expected to reduce the noise from abusive players. If you find reasoning with them isn't working, have a GM deal with them. We want an environment that people enjoy playing in, not one they feel harassed by.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Paxsanarion

Post#3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Jeromas wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm Hello everyone,

We all love or used to love Warhammer online, and we come back because we enjoy the game or atleast aspects of the game...

...But atm where Order is on constant defense, all you notice on public chats, are people telling other people that they are s.hit at the game, how Order players are a waste of space or even that the developers favour Destruction over Order... And I get it.. we all get frustrated, angry and want to slag someone off, because of what just transpired in a certain zone, or how we feel in the lakes day after day.

With that in mind, I want you to think about how this affects the game, or rather, the people playing the game at the moment. In reality, any mmo's strength is its population. Without population, there's no game. So your negative comments / insults in public chats, can have actual impact on the state of the game and, in the end, could be a determining factor in, whether or not, RoR will stand the test of time.

I argue that, because you're venting anger and frustration, it must mean that you carry a certain amount of dedication and passion for this game.

With that in mind, it can be seen as self-destructive behaviour to actively participate in people leaving the game, or atleast taking prolonged breaks.

I'm not under any grand illusion that because you read this post, you'll stop spewing anger and frustration in public chats, but I'm hoping you will keep it in mind next time you feel like spewing in a channel.

Regards,

An Order player
well said

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:26 pm

i can assure you this happen also in destro. Problematic players are not a order prerogative only

Jeromas

Post#5 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:26 pm i can assure you this happen also in destro. Problematic players are not a order prerogative only
I'm sure this is true, but I can only comment on Order channels as I dont play destruction.

Vri

Post#6 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm

I thought Destro chat was wild.

Vri

Post#7 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:26 pm i can assure you this happen also in destro. Problematic players are not a order prerogative only
See, toxic order already showing up.