Recent Topics

Ads

City matchmaking

Let's talk about... everything else
Rapzel

Re: City matchmaking

Post#21 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Last month everyone was praising this new system (except the sweaty try-hards that play for 14 hours a day), what happened guys?

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#22 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm

Panodil wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:36 am I feel like its fair.
FMJ deserves a pop for organizing. You where punished for order not making wbs and organizing.

Next time make full wb and fight FMJ 24v24 or soloq.
People who dont like to play iwth other people already got their shitty soloq option to dodge guilds. Now order dont make wb because that will make them fight other wbs, so they soloq.
Totally agree. They even increased bags for 24 mans, they're directing you towards making warbands and now they're even giving out more loot for it.
Banjomissen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:08 pm
whitebeardcz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am I also think FMJ wants some better enemy, or they enjoy winning city like this?
Ofc they do - check the thread on the changes to city matchmaking.
I guarantee they really don't. First few stomps are great, "easy royals" you think to yourself. Then after 2-3 of them you start wondering why you bashed through 4 forts, 2 of which failed, numerous dead rams to get to them, 10 minutes of forming a warband from /5, 20 minutes in the queue until it matches warbands with anything, only to semi-afk through three stages, the first 2 of which you can't make go any faster, and the 3rd which you bash through rapidly just to end it.

All the top guilds want to fight each other.

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:07 pm

pretty sure atm city is just gear farming simulator, the faster it is over the better. you dont even see more than 1-2 cities per week as EU player because most of them happen between 3am to 7am servertime when population count is lowest and it somehow results in higher chance of 1 side capping 2 forts (when you dont have enough defenders online lmao)

everyone in our alliance is basically levelling something like their 3rd-6th alt by now, so no one plays their supposed "mains" in city (why would you bring a class with full sov to a shïtty if you can leech gear on alts).

if the main purpose of city was "epic fights" there would be a system where you cannot even enter without a full warband, bags/rewards only go to winners, pve crap is removed from cities, and the rewards would be account wide to allow players to progress even their other chars, classes that may have very low demand in cities. (still waiting for that balance patch that will result in a /5 text "looking for witch elves/witch hunters for city warband"... and that is not same as "looking for 5 other WE/WHs to make a suicide squad")

Phantasm

Post#24 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm

I would love pug only (solo Q) cities vs other pug only (solo Q) but with watered rewards, like 1 gold 2 purple 3 blue, so would encurage to actually fight for wining stage crests and less lol 2* cities. Organised WB could still have own bracket.

boomcat
Suspended

Post#25 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:55 pm

could actuly be funny to see how city was if you max could join as a 6 man or pure solo.. just for a week :D
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

VindicoAtrum

Post#26 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:00 pm

Phantasm wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm I would love pug only (solo Q) cities vs other pug only (solo Q) but with watered rewards, like 1 gold 2 purple 3 blue, so would encurage to actually fight for wining stage crests and less lol 2* cities. Organised WB could still have own bracket.
This is a non-starter. 47 order solo queuers and 52 destro solo queuers. Now what? 99 players, and only 48 get to play.

The current system is the best it's been in some time. Warbands mainly fight warbands, soloes mainly fight soloes (by being tapped onto 12/18 mans on both sides), and then the garbage matches happen at the end to simply get as many people as possible in.

Phantasm

Post#27 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Spoiler:
VindicoAtrum wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:00 pm
Phantasm wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm I would love pug only (solo Q) cities vs other pug only (solo Q) but with watered rewards, like 1 gold 2 purple 3 blue, so would encurage to actually fight for wining stage crests and less lol 2* cities. Organised WB could still have own bracket.
This is a non-starter. 47 order solo queuers and 52 destro solo queuers. Now what? 99 players, and only 48 get to play.

The current system is the best it's been in some time. Warbands mainly fight warbands, soloes mainly fight soloes (by being tapped onto 12/18 mans on both sides), and then the garbage matches happen at the end to simply get as many people as possible in.
Same as current pug scenario trigger? unless all 99 players are dps city would trigger with one 2/2/2 party filled, rest as it goes. I dont see any problem here, if ppl want to roll unwanted classes let them taste what city looks like - from inside. Current system works now like this: make 12-18 man, Q at 10mins from end of queue time and prey to get pugs. At least order side, last 3 cities i`ve been leaders didnt want to build 24man to avoid opposite side 24mans. Which is funny, cause they are asigned to top Q 24man anyway as they didnt get 24man to be paired with.

TreefAM

Post#28 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:41 pm

If you're a solo pug and get a full 24man in discord, blame your own faction 24mans for dodging the que )

Ads
orillah
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Just stop queueing city as order and problem solved.

PlagueMonk

Post#30 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:52 pm

orillah wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:08 pm Just stop queueing city as order and problem solved.
That was actually an option I thought about, basically boycotting city. If no one on order queues then there will be NO city pops and Dest premades will not be rewarded for curbstomping Order PUGs. But how are you going to convince the entire realm not to queue?

I'm sure FMJ will deny this but I would be willing to bet they queued up with only 5 mins to go almost guaranteeing they would be matched with a random PUG. I know this happens and it's an abuse of the system mechanics.

I would personally like it if only PUGs fought PUGs. If you don't get a pop, that's ok with me. I had one good PUG vs PUG like 2 weeks ago, it was a hard fought battle and a lot of fun without the high level of organization normally required. It's been nothing but pre-mades ever since where we basically get stopped at the red barrier from the get go and do nothing but fluff numbers. If pre-mades don't want EZ wins then why do they try so hard to blockade them at the door?

Also don't let the idea that making a premade will somehow give you a fair fight. Even if you are highly organized there is still a good chance you won't win because the Dest meatball is greater than the Order one. The Dest classes are more powerful overall and they synergize as a group much better, giving them a decided advantage.