population %

Let's talk about... everything else
Toshutkidup

Re: population %

Post#21 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:33 am

CeeJay89 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am
CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm
The rDPS heavy Order would have to switch en masse, otherwise they're going to go back to their rDPS. The truth of the matter is, when you're on the underpopulated side, rDPS is simply more fun to play because you can actually do something.
you mean sit in keeps waiting to be attacked while destro ranks up stars and Order defends with 0/1 star keeps .Then stand in the back and pew pew and or run away when destro mdps walks forward.
Yep, because getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable. Pew pewing and getting easy kills because of DR is. Better rewards and contribution, too. I haven't RvR'd with my Engi in a long time, but I can tell you it's pretty satisfying, win or lose.

You also don't have to worry about buggy insta-pulls when all of Order decides to turn tail. But this mentality isn't going to change until either a) a large portion of Order switches to mDPS/tanks. Good luck with that, when there's only one meaningful mDPS on Order and their tanks are as boring as they come. Or b) The population flips or evens out, which will happen eventually, the former of which will result in Destro being the ones sitting inside a keep waiting for a siege because yep, getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable.
We can agree to disagree on many of those points
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#22 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:36 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:33 am
Spoiler:
CeeJay89 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am

you mean sit in keeps waiting to be attacked while destro ranks up stars and Order defends with 0/1 star keeps .Then stand in the back and pew pew and or run away when destro mdps walks forward.
Yep, because getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable. Pew pewing and getting easy kills because of DR is. Better rewards and contribution, too. I haven't RvR'd with my Engi in a long time, but I can tell you it's pretty satisfying, win or lose.

You also don't have to worry about buggy insta-pulls when all of Order decides to turn tail. But this mentality isn't going to change until either a) a large portion of Order switches to mDPS/tanks. Good luck with that, when there's only one meaningful mDPS on Order and their tanks are as boring as they come. Or b) The population flips or evens out, which will happen eventually, the former of which will result in Destro being the ones sitting inside a keep waiting for a siege because yep, getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable.
We can agree to disagree on many of those points

Of course. Everyone enjoys things differently.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 am

Incoming disingenuous post about how it is the players fault for the constant population balance issue when one side has to crutch on one specific DPS class to be the most viable essentially locking out other classes.

"But just make a party" they say. Well nobody is going to join your party of 4 SWs and 2 Engis for city or competent oRVR/fort group comps.

The sole responsibility lies with those who can dictate change, which are the admins/devs/balance team. Coming to this realization (lol I said a players name) has led me to step away from the game/project/w.e for the time being.

I have been on this server a year plus some change, and things essentially have been 1 step forward 2 steps back, and sometimes 3 steps forwards and 2 steps back. But overall we have lost ground from the experience a year ago from today, in my humble opinion.

Be sure to stack Slayers btw, they are meta.

Toshutkidup

Post#24 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:05 am

Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 am Incoming disingenuous post about how it is the players fault for the constant population balance issue
I am one of the players that does blame the playerbase for 90% of the server issues. I don’t blame the Dev team for a lot of the issues. Some of it sure they can be blamed for but the biggest issues I blame players.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

lyncher12

Post#25 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:09 am

Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 am Incoming disingenuous post about how it is the players fault for the constant population balance issue when one side has to crutch on one specific DPS class to be the most viable essentially locking out other classes.

"But just make a party" they say. Well nobody is going to join your party of 4 SWs and 2 Engis for city or competent oRVR/fort group comps.

The sole responsibility lies with those who can dictate change, which are the admins/devs/balance team. Coming to this realization (lol I said a players name) has led me to step away from the game/project/w.e for the time being.

I have been on this server a year plus some change, and things essentially have been 1 step forward 2 steps back, and sometimes 3 steps forwards and 2 steps back. But overall we have lost ground from the experience a year ago from today, in my humble opinion.

Be sure to stack Slayers btw, they are meta.
What exactly are you expecting though? You want it to be viable to play a **** group setup of all rdps and witchhunters? There is no way to make stacking any ranged dps viable without nerfing melee to the ground. Every game has a meta.

My personal frustration with the game isn't the classes but how scenarios suck and how orvr lives and dies by forts and city sieges. I feel like cities were a mistake and as an "end-game" they are incredibly flawed. People are obsessed with gear but largely do nothing with it and end up making another character to do the same thing because its a waste to do otherwise.

hammerhead

Post#26 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 am

Devs say - its the players issue, Destro says - its Order pug nature issue, Order pug keeps geting cosmic silence and only orginized Order that wanted a good quality game is blown away for everyone on the forum and gets cross fire of accusations.
My guild not sitting in a keeps, for us the victory is already standing in the field for 5 minutes in a triple sandwich. Although there were completely different expectations from the game. Destro guild can bring two full warbands for a triple push, and we can hardly get 12 people into city. Go to twitch, everyone and even my cat is playing for destro today. And I'm leveling fourth alts just so that there is some sense to be here, writing lfg in /5 rather to clear my conscience.
(\|)o0(|/)

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#27 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:29 am

mm 43 to 57% have fun searching for enemys :D

Kragg

Post#28 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:41 am

hammerhead wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 am Devs say - its the players issue, Destro says - its Order pug nature issue, Order pug keeps geting cosmic silence and only orginized Order that wanted a good quality game is blown away for everyone on the forum and gets cross fire of accusations.
My guild not sitting in a keeps, for us the victory is already standing in the field for 5 minutes in a triple sandwich. Although there were completely different expectations from the game. Destro guild can bring two full warbands for a triple push, and we can hardly get 12 people into city. Go to twitch, everyone and even my cat is playing for destro today. And I'm leveling fourth alts just so that there is some sense to be here, writing lfg in /5 rather to clear my conscience.
He is not wrong. Just look how many guilds have switched faction (again) the last 6 months.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#29 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:49 pm

I have been playing for 6 months now I think .....I only play Order.....simply because I enjoy those races more.....I play only tanks and healers.....lately mostly tanks. Are there other people playing who only play Order or are most of the Order folks really just Destruction alts played out of pity? It seems the majority of the population enjoys playing Destruction.

The reason I ask is my impression over the last 6 months both in game and reading the forum is this.....

Destruction is so much more fun to play, more polished, more synergy within there builds, more synergy with the other destruction classes, all the destruction classes are fun in there own way and even there off specs are fun......destruction city and areas in general are more finished and better done than Order city and areas......etc

Inside the game in RVR chat I mostly hear ....”destro tanks are so much better and so much more fun to play” “Order sucks compared to destro ....people who play order are a disorganized mess”......”if you play order you need to play tanks and healers and if you do play tanks or healers only play a Knight or Warrior Priest or Runepriest ....don’t bother playing anything else”. “Order players pick classes that do not help war bands.”

Seems to me it would be difficult for any new player or old player to even want to play an order character and especially not play only Order. With the deck stacked like that how are you to actually have fun playing any Order character?

I understand Mythic made the game and the devs are recreating it...in the spirit of making the game more enjoyable for both order and destruction.......what do you do? ..... can the order classes be made more fun to play even if they do not look as cool as some say? Is it simply that destruction will always just be more fun to play and therefore since humans are humans and play games for fun that there will always be a lot more destro except when they have pity and play order alts?

I don’t know but it’s not a lot of fun right now being an order only player :-)

Nekkma

Post#30 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:49 pm all the destruction classes are fun in there own way and even there off specs are fun......destruction city and areas in general are more finished and better done than Order city and areas......etc
Honestly there is not that big of a difference between alot of mirrors in the fun departement. The biggest difference is the looks.

The ones I have played alot (here and on live)
Shaman/am very similar
BO/SM very similar
Mara/WL, WL is more fun imo
Zealot/RP, very similar
Dok/WP, very similar
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron