Recent Topics

Ads

Reroll destro

Let's talk about... everything else
boomcat
Suspended

Re: Reroll destro

Post#11 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Teek wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:46 pm Ill be sure to report my findings :)
gg dont give up.. play and enjoy, what u like. cya on the field.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
nibbles

Post#12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:04 pm

order has an easier time for sure; git good.
proplems start as order wants game to be 1v1. its mmo ffs

Druchiilover21

Post#13 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm

i mean, ive playing since october, and is stranger for me seeing order pushing zones lol, yesterday i played around 6 hours and gain 1 green bag, in kv the rest of my gameplay.

playing order right now since i join its playing tower defense everyday... i like to be underdog but heyyy order pride :D

zumos2

Post#14 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:02 pm

From my view the game is all about finding good and nice people to play with. I doubt there is much difference in enjoyment between the two realms when you are playing alone. If you actually have a good group it's usually more fun playing the side with AAO. In terms of cities you probably won't even get a pop on destro if you are soloing.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Teek

Post#15 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm

I agree, I have a guild and love playing with them. Problem is when rvr pops off they all either go to destro for easy farm or log off due to being farmed constantly with no hope for any gains.

Only time we ever really succesfully rvr is in small groups trying to pick off destro stragglers.

Aethilmar

Post#16 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Wam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm So grass is not always greener as so many like to think, also if you have AAO on underdog you will get better rewards...
Out of curiosity are you just talking about the renown or you saying it is easier to get contribution? I ask b/c renown gains on the high population side actually tend to be easier to obtain (at least up until you have an extreme AAO advantage) due to it being so much easier to roll the enemy with numbers and get the kills that actually get you the renown.
Wam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm and another fact NA order is usually the one zerging, so they can pretty much take uncontested forts and get city
This is not true. The order "zerg" times (about 400-500 people on the server in total) occur every few days and appear to be driven by guilds who play both sides pushing to harvest the stars from IC. It was a bit more frequent in last few weeks over break but definitely swinging back to all-Destro all the time these days.
Wam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm so easier to gear up at this time on order too...
Mixed bag here. At least until Vanquisher and maybe into invader. But on a per zone basis I would say it is easier as Destro. You get way too much renown reward for flipping lightly contested zones and attendant bag rolls bonuses (run a box, hit the lord and profit). Winning a fort does have compensation (8 vanquisher I believe if you aren't already in invader gear) and bag roll. But Destro city dominance (for whatever reason it exists) compensates for the relatively not-good record in forts.

By way of disclosure, I play both sides (mostly Order focused though) and usually solo. Given that, I have a pretty good feel for what "bottom of the barrel" rewards are like both ways.

Lastly, this is not a "nerf Destro" comment. This is a "the reward system encourages zerging because this is how everybody gets gear" comment. If fights were "even" all the time, people would be complaining (and have complained and will be complaining again in the future) that there is no gear because the zones don't flip enough.

It is all about the character progression and reward system.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Teek wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:17 pm you dont seem to address the fact that destro wins almost all of the RvR pairings including city sieges which is how you get top end gear. Your solution is to form a wh and pick people off small scale because you KNOW that winning straight forward rvr battles is not a reliable option for order. Not being a snowflake, just stating that I think it will be easier to gear a destro toon.
This is the truth right here. The inconvenient truth that everyone on the server knows.

If you want gear and to progress your character (**** IMAGINE RIGHT, I PLAY GAMES TO WASTE TIME COMPLETELY AND 0 SENSE OF PROGRESSION OR FUN LMAO, THIS IS MY JOBBBBB RIGHT?) You go destro, It is ez mode. You get your gear quicker, get to feel powerful sooner, all the while you are putting in less effort and exposed to less grief than Order.

L2p? Yeah I learned that one side is just better, so I learned to play that side. Humans go the path of least resistance, it is up to the dev team to create that resistance. Not the players to go against their own self interest in the name of "server greater good" when the majority of people playing now adays have day jobs and can't no life this game like it is 2008.

Wake up.

VindicoAtrum

Post#18 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 pm This is the truth right here. The inconvenient truth that everyone on the server knows.

If you want gear and to progress your character (**** IMAGINE RIGHT, I PLAY GAMES TO WASTE TIME COMPLETELY AND 0 SENSE OF PROGRESSION OR FUN LMAO, THIS IS MY JOBBBBB RIGHT?) You go destro, It is ez mode. You get your gear quicker, get to feel powerful sooner, all the while you are putting in less effort and exposed to less grief than Order.

L2p? Yeah I learned that one side is just better, so I learned to play that side. Humans go the path of least resistance, it is up to the dev team to create that resistance. Not the players to go against their own self interest in the name of "server greater good" when the majority of people playing now adays have day jobs and can't no life this game like it is 2008.

Wake up.
You are so wrong it's almost comical.

Order get far more defense rolls on keeps, more fort wins, have IC on farm during NA tz, and everyone gets the same bag roll on zone lock. There's no penalty for losing the zone, you get contrib + accumulated bonus + dice roll no matter your side wins or loses.

You're basically shouting about that because destro win more city instances, which firstly has been discussed to death and people who play both sides know full well the issue is that order has more rdps and can't build as many /5 warbands because of it, and secondly is about 2.5% of your time ingame.

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:18 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Sponn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 pm This is the truth right here. The inconvenient truth that everyone on the server knows.

Wake up.
You are so wrong it's almost comical.

Order get far more defense rolls on keeps, more fort wins, have IC on farm during NA tz, and everyone gets the same bag roll on zone lock. There's no penalty for losing the zone, you get contrib + accumulated bonus + dice roll no matter your side wins or loses.

You're basically shouting about that because destro win more city instances, which firstly has been discussed to death and people who play both sides know full well the issue is that order has more rdps and can't build as many /5 warbands because of it, and secondly is about 2.5% of your time ingame.
Yeah cause the sides are poorly balanced and people will gravitate towards the better classes. I mean Order has more rdps because assuming a normal distribution of players Destro gets 1 more meleeballer than Order in the form of Squig Herder vs SW. SW cannot melee ball. SO right then and there order only have 2 melee ballers where destro have 50% more meleeballers.

No **** order cant find melee players lmao, it is because one side is easier to play, because you can get better more balanced groups, because the classes are better, which is why there is a constant population imbalance in favor of destro. Right now 54% destro 46% order.

Get your head out your ass, but keep spewing these disingenuous arguments. Not like anything is gonna change on this server, hasn't in a year. And you're part of the problem.

I mean **** what does it say about your game when one side has to crutch on literally one dmg class (among a choice of like 5) to compete with the other side? LMAO

Ysaran

Post#20 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:49 pm

I switched to Order side exactly because it's impossible to get into city on Destru. Maybe it's more difficult to get vanq gear, but it's much easier to get invader/royal meds on Order. Alos, AAO helps a lot with rr. Being on the less populous side it's better
Zputadenti