Recent Topics

Ads

Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Post#21 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 pm

the real question is, wtf you want another aoe melee dps if order have the best one atm and its one of the least played class...as i see right now, if devs change SW to aoe melee dps (instead of ranged) ppl will stop to play them.

why order will play aoe melee SW when they are refusing to play slayers? really i cant understand.

Ads
MedV

Post#22 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:07 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 pm the real question is, wtf you want another aoe melee dps if order have the best one atm and its one of the least played class...as i see right now, if devs change SW to aoe melee dps (instead of ranged) ppl will stop to play them.

why order will play aoe melee SW when they are refusing to play slayers? really i cant understand.
Not that I agree with making melee air SW but if they did do it people would def play them. Same reason more people play choppa, people want to play cool looking toons. Same reason I’d pick a BO over SM.
The King.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:49 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:07 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 pm the real question is, wtf you want another aoe melee dps if order have the best one atm and its one of the least played class...as i see right now, if devs change SW to aoe melee dps (instead of ranged) ppl will stop to play them.

Not that I agree with making melee air SW but if they did do it people would def play them. Same reason more people play choppa, people want to play cool looking toons. Same reason I’d pick a BO over SM.
if thats the problem its easy to fix => ask devs to make self characters appareance look whatever you want (only to self player ofc). so you can play a damm slayer with the skin of the character you want.

i know that some ppl play for that stetics standars...but holy ****, i will not gimp my gametime "for stetics reasons", i will chose the best pick for the archetype i wanna play...

Brutinho

Post#24 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:28 pm

For a second I got kind of excited thinking that the thread was going to be about lowering limit of people affected by AOE or to adjust AOE damage depending on how many peopl you hit and thus, making ST groups a bit more desirable.

I should have known better ...
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

lyncher12

Post#25 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 pm

nerf all rdps so people man up and play melee

Fey

Post#26 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:30 pm

This is what you get when people endlessly whine about easily counterable meme **** like coordinated Raze bomb. Raze was always a **** joke, but since most tanks are brainless dips they cant be bothered to save taunt to interrupt a Raze channel. It got moved to M3, and eventually all aoe morale bomb was nerfed cause anytime anyone uses morale to secure a kill it's iwin button and OP.

The constant nerfs to morale; defensive morale duration nerfed, stupid **** like Raze being nerfed, then a wholesale nerf to aoe morale dps, and this is what you get. This **** is what the community, aka all of us here posting, wanted. Now normal aoe is overperforming because the devs listening to the community took a giant dump on aoe moralesand morale overall.

The only fix is to un-nerf morales. No one wants to touch that one, so you're going to have to find your aoe where you can get it.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Akalukz

Post#27 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:37 pm

It's not the most forgiving class. That is why there is little appeal to play one...unlike say a mara Sh or WL.
-= Agony =-

mekal

Post#28 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:52 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:52 pm aoe is problem not the solution . too much aoe , damage aoe is too high no strategic fight , only no brain spam
THIS THIS and THIS again

aoe changes killed this game anything larger than 12v12 is mindless 1-2 button after you teach your group how to coordinate morals the game turns into who can spam the fastest

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#29 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:56 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:30 pm
Spoiler:
This is what you get when people endlessly whine about easily counterable meme **** like coordinated Raze bomb. Raze was always a **** joke, but since most tanks are brainless dips they cant be bothered to save taunt to interrupt a Raze channel. It got moved to M3, and eventually all aoe morale bomb was nerfed cause anytime anyone uses morale to secure a kill it's iwin button and OP.

The constant nerfs to morale; defensive morale duration nerfed, stupid **** like Raze being nerfed, then a wholesale nerf to aoe morale dps, and this is what you get. This **** is what the community, aka all of us here posting, wanted. Now normal aoe is overperforming because the devs listening to the community took a giant dump on aoe moralesand morale overall.

The only fix is to un-nerf morales. No one wants to touch that one, so you're going to have to find your aoe where you can get it.

I don't know, I genuinely hate Morale bombing, even post nerf. I understand it requires coordination, but the whole "everyone hit it now" and 24 people explode is not my idea of good game design. It's especially discouraging as a healer trying to keep people alive. Even with the nerf, it's really strong and significant in determining the outcome of a fight. I don't think there's a damage cap on Morales, other than the reduced damage after x damage, correct?

That said, I don't like AoE either and also believe it should either have its overall damage significantly reduced, or the number of people hit should be reduced. AoE has no business hitting nearly as hard or as hard as single target to even 9 people, let alone 24.

Fey

Post#30 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:10 am

Fair enough. But aoe morale drops wouldn't have been such an issue if defensive morals weren't nerfed in the first place. No sane person will ever forgo Focused Mind for 10 seconds of Eye of Sheerian or Mountain Spirit. That's pretty bad game design as well. Sprout Carapace is garbage tier when it used to be very stronk. I'm not particularly infatuated with morale bombs, but all the changes add up and alter the meta.

Trying for an explanation rather than an argument. I'm on my way out the door as my guild is long dead, so whatever the meta evolves into will be fun to watch. I will always remember our Lot's of Shootin' Squig bombs.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan