Recent Topics

Ads

KotBS Tactic's

Let's talk about... everything else
gke96

Re: KotBS Tactic's

Post#31 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:01 pm

Pointless discussion about number of tactics. Tactics are not balanced with each other anyways as each class has MANY completely useless tactics (BG prime example) and KOTBS is definitely not a class that requires immediate attention. From what I notice this server attempts to balance classes with each other rather than balancing individual tactics and morales.

As for those complaining about how KOTBS is weak etc.. I can only say learn to play in the game instead of the forum.
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Ads
detrap

Post#32 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:11 am
detrap wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm

Significantly... i'm looking forward to your arguments
AoE wounds debuff, AoE crit debuff and defences debuff, also weak parry debuff on crit, all this on top of aura debuffs. Just look at the trees on career builder.
yo, about staggering impact, the 10% reduces means, when the target has 30% parry you debuff 3%
and who the hell is slotting Biting Blade?

So you have the Auras and Arcing Swing.. totally overloaded that kotbs^^
Yo, about staggering impact, it's a flat 10%. I have to retest biting blade but as I'm aware it's also a flat amount and it stacks because it's a tactic.

Just tested it and biting blade does remove a flat amount. Not a %.

Yes knights are totally overloaded with abilities to help the warband, maybe you need to play one to understand that.
Last edited by detrap on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

detrap

Post#33 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:01 pm

gke96 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:01 pm Pointless discussion about number of tactics. Tactics are not balanced with each other anyways as each class has MANY completely useless tactics (BG prime example) and KOTBS is definitely not a class that requires immediate attention. From what I notice this server attempts to balance classes with each other rather than balancing individual tactics and morales.

As for those complaining about how KOTBS is weak etc.. I can only say learn to play in the game instead of the forum.
100% agree

ashton007

Post#34 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:25 pm

What kobs really needs is a parry buff. You've got nothing to work with your runefang except for rr/gear. The devs here are extremely 2h-tank biased obviously.

teiloh

Post#35 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:35 am

detrap wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 pm
Yo, about staggering impact, it's a flat 10%. I have to retest biting blade but as I'm aware it's also a flat amount and it stacks because it's a tactic.

Yes knights are totally overloaded with abilities to help the warband, maybe you need to play one to understand that.
BG version is core and has 150% uptime vs Staggering Impact which is 13x and has a 33% uptime, but it works with Dodge/Disrupt

BG superpunt requires no tactic

BG Wounds debuff does not lock you into 2h, and grants AA haste

BG AOE snare is 50% uptime for 20 people vs. 200% uptime for 3

BG CTBC% has 40ft range vs 25 and does good damage

"KOTBS hands down best tank" is nothing more than a meme.

detrap

Post#36 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:37 am

teiloh wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:35 am
detrap wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 pm

BG version is core and has 150% uptime vs Staggering Impact which is 13x and has a 33% uptime, but it works with Dodge/Disrupt

BG superpunt requires no tactic

BG Wounds debuff does not lock you into 2h, and grants AA haste

BG AOE snare is 50% uptime for 20 people vs. 200% uptime for 3

BG CTBC% has 40ft range vs 25 and does good damage

"KOTBS hands down best tank" is nothing more than a meme.
Not sure I said it's the best tank in the game, no tank is singularly the best, but they have plenty to contribute, it depends on the warband comp, and generally have all 3 tanks in a warband covers you against a lot of potential counters.

There is a lot of abilities knights have that bg's don't as well but for the sake of your points, let's try...

Morale and channel drops don't last more than 10 seconds, so staggering impact is superior.

Bg's punt is superior

Bg's wounds debuff is negated by absorbs, knights version is not and has a 200% uptime, it's more efficient.

Knights aoe snare is only 3 but has again a 200% uptime.

The crit debuff on the BG is a wide cone, knights version is approximately 180 semi circle. Not sure which one is stronger but the knights efficiency of applying the debuff is better. Chosens can assist and make up for this since they also have a wounds debuff.

teiloh

Post#37 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:31 am

Gotcha. I mistook overloaded for saying they offer more WB utility than others.

Some have been exploiting that meme to get Knights nerfed over and over.

zulnam

Post#38 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:55 am

I agree, knight has fewer core tactics. It only takes 5 min of opening the talent tree builder and looking over all tank cores to notice.

Yes, Mighty Soul and Runefang were switched, then switched again when Mighty Soul was removed (worst trade deal in the history of trade deals).

All of this really just adds to how bland the knight is to play imo. On my IB, no matter the spec, i always have to cut down on tactics, because of how many good or fun ones they have. Meanwhile my knight, especially if i'm not specced for warbands, has the opposite situation.

I don't known if knight will get any love in the foreseeable future, because of how darn good those pesky auras are. I just wish they returned mighty soul, which will probably never happen :-/
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads