Recent Topics

Ads

KotBS Tactic's

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: KotBS Tactic's

Post#11 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:39 pm

good luck arguing to the people that matter that kotbs should get a buff to dmg output. they have hated 2h tanks forever

Ads
Nosun

Post#12 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Knight was good but never over performed compared to the other tanks while played with 2hander my assumption has always been they got nerfed because people complained about 2handed Chosen so they felt if they nerfed Chosen they had to nerf Knights as well.

detrap

Post#13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm
detrap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm Comparing 1 class against it's mirror is not the best way to point out possible issues. You forgot to mention the knight also has better buff tactics/abilities for the warband over the chosen
May i ask you to read the post again... I am not Comparing kotbs and choosen, i just say that EVERY class has atleast 15 Core tactics..
(Some have got more, cuz of RoR changes)

but Kotbs has only 13 (Choosen 14)

I'm just saying that 2 tactics has been taken from him without any replacement,
and you tell me that kotbs has better partybuffs than Choosen...

...It's like saying Shaman has run tactic, take away his mount... 2 Things that have nothing in common

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Like I said, maybe having a defensive tactic for the knight might make up for it's squishyness and having less tactics than other classes. But the knight has enough tactics atm to get the job done. Other classes have you deciding a lot longer on what tactics to use which is not necessarily a good thing. Since we are comparing the knight against the chosen, the knight has less core tactics however has better tactics overall for the warband. So the idea of also having an extra dps tactic wouldn't be something I would see happening.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Likeaboss

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 am

detrap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 pm Since we are comparing the knight against the chosen,...
I give it up on you, makes no sense to talk to you...
I'm not comparing choosen and kotbs, neither did i say i want a buff for kotbs.

Imagine an other class like Marauder looses 2 tactics (by examble crit and armor pen)
and you dont get anything in return... Destro forum warriors would rage and we'd all drown in their tears.

Only argument i missed yet, "kotbs doesnt need equal amout of tactics, slayer has Rampage" :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

mogulprince

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:30 am

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:41 pm Good Day,
I didnt want to necro an old topic i made like 1-2 years ago, so here we go...

As i said in that old Topic, Kotbs is missing 1 Core tactic.
Meanwhile Kotbs has at least 2 Core tactics less then any other class in the game.(except Choosen)

For those who can't remeber:

1st tactic:(Destroy Confidence) was taken away at the very start of T2. maybe it was to strong,
well obviously it was to strong but thats not the matter of that topic.
Anyway, he didnt get a replacement or anything.

2nd Tactic: Runefang went from Core, to Path of Glory, therefor the Element-Dmg tactic for the Path of Glory tree,
was reworked and put to Core tactics. Meanwhile this tactic is gone too. (same for Choosen)

So choosen misses 1 tactic and KotBS misses 2! And one of them for about 5-6 years
I am just curious about the thoughts of the community about this.

And for God sake please.... i know that kotbs has dirty tricks & Focused Mending, don't start that again. :ugeek:
Nevertheless is he missing 2 tactics in compare to all other chars (once again except Choosen)

shouldn't something be done about that? :roll:
(Not a proposal)
This is a legitimate point you're making. Design-wise every class should have the same amount of core tactics to choose from. This is just about quantity, not about quality (not about what the tactics provide). I also agree that this has nothing to do with comparing mirror classes (kotbs vs chosen).
Blackguard - RR82
Black Orc - RR65
KotBS - RR73
Runepriest - RR58

detrap

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:50 am

Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 am
detrap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 pm Since we are comparing the knight against the chosen,...
I give it up on you, makes no sense to talk to you...
I'm not comparing choosen and kotbs, neither did i say i want a buff for kotbs.

Imagine an other class like Marauder looses 2 tactics (by examble crit and armor pen)
and you dont get anything in return... Destro forum warriors would rage and we'd all drown in their tears.

Only argument i missed yet, "kotbs doesnt need equal amout of tactics, slayer has Rampage" :lol:
Asking for a tactic to make up the lack of one, hopefully that tactic is indeed a buff and worth using.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Battlefield

Post#17 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:03 pm

I agree it is not fair but devs do not care about i think....

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Both classes need their damage conversion tactic back.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#19 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 pm Both classes need their damage conversion tactic back.
I don't think that this is needed... without the original Runefang tactic you dont get an usefull amount of STR.
In combination with the low Basedamage on Kotbs abilitys, even dealing elemental damage wont make him a viable offtank.

Thats the reason why i dont come up with a tactic idea by my own, cuz i literally don't have any beside revert the changes, give him old Runefang back. It was not totally broken, so why fix it? Change M2 (Emp Champ) would have been a better idea, to prevent stat stacking ;)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

orillah
Suspended

Post#20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 pm

This was some dev response not so long ago:

Yes. The goal was to kill the Knight DPS spec. I don't like Knights and I think they're dumb.