Recent Topics

Ads

KotBS Tactic's

Let's talk about... everything else
Likeaboss

KotBS Tactic's

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Good Day,
I didnt want to necro an old topic i made like 1-2 years ago, so here we go...

As i said in that old Topic, Kotbs is missing 1 Core tactic.
Meanwhile Kotbs has at least 2 Core tactics less then any other class in the game.(except Choosen)

For those who can't remeber:

1st tactic:(Destroy Confidence) was taken away at the very start of T2. maybe it was to strong,
well obviously it was to strong but thats not the matter of that topic.
Anyway, he didnt get a replacement or anything.

2nd Tactic: Runefang went from Core, to Path of Glory, therefor the Element-Dmg tactic for the Path of Glory tree,
was reworked and put to Core tactics. Meanwhile this tactic is gone too. (same for Choosen)

So choosen misses 1 tactic and KotBS misses 2! And one of them for about 5-6 years
I am just curious about the thoughts of the community about this.

And for God sake please.... i know that kotbs has dirty tricks & Focused Mending, don't start that again. :ugeek:
Nevertheless is he missing 2 tactics in compare to all other chars (once again except Choosen)

shouldn't something be done about that? :roll:
(Not a proposal)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
detrap

Re: KotBS Tactic's

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Unfortunately the game isn't about 1v1
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Likeaboss

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm

detrap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 pm Unfortunately the game isn't about 1v1
Yeah i see... my mystake, i shouldn't have wrote that i want 2 tactics for better 1v1...

Oh wait, i didn't :roll:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

detrap

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm
Yeah i see... my mystake, i shouldn't have wrote that i want 2 tactics for better 1v1...

Comparing 1 class against it's mirror is not the best way to point out possible issues. You forgot to mention the knight also has better buff tactics/abilities for the warband over the chosen, not just from dirty tricks and fm. Not sure what new tactics it needs, maybe to help buff its dps but the topic on knight's damage is done and dusted for now. Maybe something to buff defenses directly as a 2H since we don't have anything? I've never thought that I'm ever running around with weak tactics that would adversely affect the way I go about my job. Runefang is great and I'm happy its in the right tree.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Likeaboss

Post#5 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm

detrap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm Comparing 1 class against it's mirror is not the best way to point out possible issues. You forgot to mention the knight also has better buff tactics/abilities for the warband over the chosen
May i ask you to read the post again... I am not Comparing kotbs and choosen, i just say that EVERY class has atleast 15 Core tactics..
(Some have got more, cuz of RoR changes)

but Kotbs has only 13 (Choosen 14)

I'm just saying that 2 tactics has been taken from him without any replacement,
and you tell me that kotbs has better partybuffs than Choosen...

...It's like saying Shaman has run tactic, take away his mount... 2 Things that have nothing in common

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Likeaboss on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teiloh

Post#6 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Yep, there shouldn't be missing tactics.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Honestly, the lack of an Armor Debuff in the face of the absence of the 100% Spirit/Elemental DMG tactics really shines through when you try to DPS with either class.

They need to be put back, or the classes given an Armor Debuff.

Drednes

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:15 pm

i would love for kotbs to have more options in tactics,he doesnt even need/use like half of them in any situation in the game
would be cool to see something interesting to spice up kotbs
(bellow commands seems completely useless since you know ap aura exists and is already a city favourite for both destro and order)
and thats just one of them

Ads
sharpblader

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi. I would advise not to waste time arguing with this person. He will take the discussion to another dimension and keep repeating the same thing while avoiding legitimate questions.

I agree with what youre saying. Knight does lack core tactics since no new tactics were compensated when the old ones were removed.

But the problem with both Knight and Chosen is that contrary to popular belief, they are very strong in all game modes (City, RvR, Smallscale, Ranked, Solo, Roam, PvE, etc.). Even a little tweak here or there might cause them to be broken.

Imho, the root of the problem has always been how auras work on RoR as compared to live.

Alucard2010

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:30 pm

Oh look, another KOTBS thread and detrap is the first one to comment w/ his RR60 kotbs