Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa/Slayer, risk vs reward needs to be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
aa91837

Choppa/Slayer, risk vs reward needs to be fixed

Post#1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am

I think it's obvious that rage mechanic needs to be tweaked, because only + 50% damage while losing all your resists and armor- not good enough.

Why engi/magus have + 40% damage literally with zero penalty :?:

Why bw/sorc have +crit damage and crit % with almost zero penalty :?:

But Choppa/Slayer suffer with no armor/resist while in red zone and still doing less dmg than Mara/WL :(

I think it would be fair increase they dmg in red zone by another +50% and reduce CD on bring it on/retribution from 30 sec >15 sec :!:
Nobody on the broken noob class

Ads
Sundowner

Re: Choppa/Slayer, risk vs reward needs to be fixed

Post#2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 am

choppa and slayer do not deal less dmg than WL and Mara tho

Mergrim

Post#3 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:50 am

aa91837 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am I think it's obvious that rage mechanic needs to be tweaked, because only + 50% damage while losing all your resists and armor- not good enough.

Why engi/magus have + 40% damage literally with zero penalty :?:

Why bw/sorc have +crit damage and crit % with almost zero penalty :?:

But Choppa/Slayer suffer with no armor/resist while in red zone and still doing less dmg than Mara/WL :(

I think it would be fair increase they dmg in red zone by another +50% and reduce CD on bring it on/retribution from 30 sec >15 sec :!:
It's not good way to buff another class, just WL/mara need nerf, and yes both this class deal more/same dmg with better survi/mobility.

zumos2

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:53 am

Imagine dropping rage when you are focused :O That said, I do think Power Through/Wot Rules could get something extra since for those tactics the risk vs reward is not really worth it. It would automatically also buff the 2H spec.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Kalakaa

Post#5 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:56 am

BW and Sorc blow themselves up as their penalty :?

I don't think its too bad, it does make them incredibly guard and team reliant but generally they are the ones doing the most practical damage usually.

badoglio

Post#6 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:31 pm

imagine that 50%+ damage bonus
add flanking 15%
add +25% crit damage from choppa
:roll: u have it.

imagine that 50%+ damage bonus
add flanking 15%
add Inevitable doom : clear challenges aoe (-50% damage removed)
add kd lasting 1 second instead of 3 - or abilities cost reduction : spam aoe nonstop
:roll: u have it.

end of the forum thread

Sulorie

Post#7 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Nobody felt offended by the claim, that they lose all their armor/resist?

This could have been a quality thread, if you sticked to order perspective only, you know, this would have created some heated discussions about poor order getting bullied by evil destro overlords.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Beside the OP clearly not knowing what is he talking about, I feel like he brought up an interesting argument.

Rage increase your damage, but even tho it is implemented like a career mechanics, there's not really much to manage. You want to stay in red as much as possible, there's no point in exhausting your rage while yellow.

Let's take Reckless Blow (RB) as example: it deal slightly more damage than Slasha and it exhaust your rage. Using RB while red deal almost the same damage as Slasha, except that it dump you rage and let you maimed for 15s, while using RB in yellow deals 75% more damage, but, again, it let you down for another 15s. So. does one blow with +75% damage really make up for 15s without damage bonus? I don't think so. Any way you look at it, you have no reason to use RB.
Unless you are using Wot Rules!?. In this case you want to spam RB while yellow to maximize the damage, but once you are red there's no way to go back yellow unless you use Flee+AP pot (wasting 2 gcd) and then you wait 5s to be back in yellow.

Honestly, I feel that most Exhasutig blow aren't enough rewarding compared the flat +50% damage. That's the best you can aim for.
Zputadenti

Ads
Snowhawk

Post#9 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:55 pm

"Why engi/magus have + 40% damage literally with zero penalty"

Magus must stand near demon... The buff removes if he move or the demon is dead... learn the mechanic plz.
You wants the same for Choppa/Slayer? +40% but not allowed to moving around? :D Really?

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Yes the class mechanic is extremely punishing because:

1. Most of destro has access to critical damage modifiers (RSH recent addition but low mod)

2. Renown investment to reduce incoming critical damage is removed.

3. Slashing your resitances in half then being subjected to the numerous resist debuff that the hardest hitters have access too makes the time to kill so low that it's hard to utilize your defensive abilities.

4. Low mobility and cc. Your one mobility ability called charge will be interrupted when you use attacks, shout some warcries or even detaunt. You cannot even "break loose" from a snare you get when running!

Imo it needs a buff, the reduction of 50% is too big and too steep.

I have proposed earlier to reduce your avoidances gradually from 25% at 25+ rage, 50% when 75+ and 100% when at 100 rage instead.

Combined with a power increase to wildswing and deathblow only accessible at 100 rage where they guarantee to crit if it hits people with low hp, working as an actual finisher instead of ragedrop.

Adding +wound buff to "even the odds" as squigherders get by consuming their pet would increase this class' durability in rvr but would warrant a longer CD.. Better than never being used I suppose.

Making the charge uninterrupted when using slayers warcries and detaunt would also help..

Anyway, goodluck OP i tried to adress the issue before but the t hread i made was locked, hope something comes of it.

It's fun to get high crits on poor guardless slayers and choppas but it's really silly tbh..