Recent Topics

Ads

LIVE Q&A: Drop your questions here!

Let's talk about... everything else
ChicagoJoe

Re: LIVE Q&A: Drop your questions here!

Post#81 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Would you consider changing city refresh rate based on population? High population faster city star regeneration? It may help with some of the city timing issues.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Nevvrax

Post#82 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Bonjour

je me posais la question, serait il possible d'avoir des maisons de guildes et/ou personnelles dans les capitales par exemple ? ( forme de housing )

Je prends Altdorf, il y a plein d'immeubles et bâtiments fermés,qui sont déjà créés physiquement, il ne demanderait qu'à pouvoir être habités pour entrer à l'intérieur.
ça pourrait être instancié si plus facile ou alors ouvertes à tous

Et dans la pratique, elles ( les habitations) pourraient être piller lors de sièges de capitales et aussi ajouter de la défense supplémentaire dans les capitales
Avec des niveaux niveau à laquelle on pourrait les monter. ( ajout de gardes, défenses etc )
Il pourrait y avoir nombre d'idées sur ça, pour ne pas simplement cantonner le housing à un aspect purement esthétique, ou alors en plusieurs étapes.
Par exemple au départ esrthétique puis après un aspect pratique, défensif, gain de bonus etc

Voila en gros ma question, cela pourrait il être envisageable ?
très cordialement.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#83 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:11 pm

how about an unranked solo ranked ? like a second pug sc, 6v6 with matchmaking 40+

Vanmeldebrecht

Post#84 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:22 pm

1. Even with minimum amount and optimized UIs, FPS drops are still a thing in large-scale fights, are you planing on improving this in future?

2. Balancing changes which address oRvR fights have favoured casual gameplay over competitive, are you planing on changing this course in future, and are you planing to make competitive gameplay more interesting for casual gamers as well?

3. Guild wbs that seek competitive gameplay in oRvR get zerged very easily, before the moral-dmg-cap changes an effecitve tool to disorganize big zergs was to wreak havoc in the ranks of the enemy by quickly decimating a large amount of unaware players by coordinated moral drops. While I welcome the moral-dmg-cap changes, I'm wondering if there are plans in promoting other mechanics for these occasions, such as CC, to enable smaller organized forces to withstand/fight back while retreating and fighting larger forces.

4. The solo ranked sc is a very nice project. What are your plans to make it more attactive to the general population of the server?

ChicagoJoe

Post#85 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:25 pm

Lots of good suggestions for city rework out there.

I know premades don’t like it when their prey stops fighting back so maybe improve rewards for fighting back even when over matched. Current system provides disincentive to fight back, e.g., giving shards to stronger group from kills no chance at better rewards, etc. Maybe scale rewards like in a scenario and get gold bags back for close loss?

Maybe make stage 1 less of a middle choke point battle? Super hard to take vs melee train. Order middle bo still easier to grab from below?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Westy

Post#86 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:47 pm

• What is the Devs view on experience gained in Scenarios - especially when you lose one heavily?

The exp/renown gain from losing in scenarios is SO low, it is hugely demoralising and unmotivating to engage. The system works when its a closer game, but the 0exp 0renown games are utterly infuriating, especially for new players who don't have the knowledge/contacts to form their own premades. It would be nice to see some changes to make scenarios worth queueing even when getting stomped on, but I understand its difficult to balance that with people just joining to afk and leech - So where is the middle ground?

Elftwin95

Post#87 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Will there be some more future work for the ranged SW? And I would also be interested to know about cosmetic gear. :D
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Learn2Play

Post#88 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Questions:

1) Are there any plans on resetting the T2/T3 zones or merging T2/T3 for lvls 16-39 and making T4 exclusively for lvl 40s?
Should t2/t3 be merged for lvls 16-39 (bolster 16-35/43, 36/42, 37/41, 38/40, 39/39) when all t2-t4 zones were merged even with bolster Vanq gear was the highest gear to compete against. This merger would pit lvl 16 against anni/merc as the highest geared player.

2) Any plans to allow lvl 16-39 to participate in City Invasions?
Not the SC but the actual city, an instance for 16-39 rewarding them with Vanquisher Gear and/or Medallions. You could restrict Forts to lvl 40s only.

3) Any plans on unlocking Resolute Defense & Cleansing Wind in the renown abilities?
Seeing as most melee classes have a perma snare and not all classes have a way to counter it. Resolute Defense would be a great ability to have as would Cleansing Wind. These abilities were locked iirc when t3 was the highest zone and these 2 abilities would have been overpowering at that time. However, now is when they are needed. Some many claim they are over-powering, but they're pricey and if you want to spend 10/20/30 rr on them so be it.

4) Dwarf lvl 8 tactic Stoutness of Stone, the first tactic you recieve in t1, any chance you could change it out for either Ancestral Inheritance or Stubborness?
Reasoning is, in t1 no one has any stuns or knockdowns, to recover 50% faster from. so it's a wasted tactic at lvl 8 to lvl 15. Unless you add a snare immunity to it.
The Original Learn2Play [L2P] Guild.

Ads
Jusva321

Post#89 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:01 pm

When you look ad sw / sh or shammy / am there is a clear diffrence in the damge the 2 mirrors can do. Can somthing be don to macth the 2 mirrors damge per secound not abilitties ?

xennian

Post#90 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Any plans to change T1 which ends at level 16? It is extremely empty, even on good days, little action in RvR and Scenario pops are extremely low, PvE is outright boring which most can agree on.

I feel the level requirement should drop to 10, so that you can more quickly transition into T2-3 where the population is stable and fun. I know this would require some bolstering in stats but the leveling from 10 to 16 is gruesome from new player and experienced alike.

I think you lose a lot of new players just by how quickly they become bored, and newer people are the lifeblood of any mmo especially in a pvp oritented game. I dont see how it could hurt to take part of sieges earlier on and really experience the fun of the game. Of course there will be some trouble balancing but perhaps, due to lack of abilities and gear in general, they could receive some super buff of sorts until they naturally transition into becoming stronger as they level.

RvR is still mainly zerg focused and i dont see it being too bad that a lvl 10 (or now 16) would take part of massive battles, huge sieges etc.

Thoughts?