Recent Topics

Ads

Order OP please nerf

Let's talk about... everything else
Pogol

Re: Order OP please nerf

Post#61 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm

I am planning to start playing this game from today.
Which faction is considered the underdog? Is it Destruction like the topic title suggest?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Pogol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm I am planning to start playing this game from today.
Which faction is considered the underdog? Is it Destruction like the topic title suggest?
This is a meme/troll topic based on a bug from a recent city siege. Play a bunch of classes to R15 or so to get used to them, find the one you like and ride it straight to RR80 BIS no-life sweaty mode PvP glory. Factions switch back and forth for no actual reason despite the deep analysis found here on the forums.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Pogol

Post#63 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:30 pm
Pogol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm I am planning to start playing this game from today.
This is a meme/troll topic based on a bug from a recent city siege. Play a bunch of classes to R15 or so to get used to them, find the one you like and ride it straight to RR80 BIS no-life sweaty mode PvP glory. Factions switch back and forth for no actual reason despite the deep analysis found here on the forums.
If Destro, is not overpopulated and/or OP, then it is Destro for me. I just don't want to be in a faction and being accused of picking it, because it is stronger. Like it is happening in WoW (Classic).
Thank you.

Ysaran

Post#64 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Pogol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:37 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:30 pm
If Destro, is not overpopulated and/or OP, then it is Destro for me. I just don't want to be in a faction and being accused of picking it, because it is stronger. Like it is happening in WoW (Classic).
Thank you.
Whatever faction you'll play, you will always be accused of playing "easy mode". And if you play both faction you will be accused of being "a dirty xrealmer".
Moral of the story is: play whatever you like (either class mechanics, appearence or whatnot) and if you don't want to be accused just don't come on the forum.
The dominant faction switch every 3 or 4 months
Zputadenti

Banjomissen

Post#65 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 pm

So the age your forum account is equal to how seriously you should be taken? Great! Registered this account 6th of October 2015... anyone with an account created after that date aren’t allowed any opinion because I’ve been here longer!

Anyways... let have it boyzzzz... show us your account date epeeeeeenzzz.

carthagerising

Post#66 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:22 pm

yeah as was said, please do not take this topic title seriously in any way whatso ever. Both sides have their strengths and weaknesses and there is constant debate on needed fixes/nerfs/buffs what ever.

Play around, get a feel for a few classes on both realms and see what you like best. Or as many do, play both.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Aurandilaz

Post#67 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Banjomissen wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 pm So the age your forum account is equal to how seriously you should be taken? Great! Registered this account 6th of October 2015... anyone with an account created after that date aren’t allowed any opinion because I’ve been here longer!

sounds fair

now I need to make 5 more accounts that all agree with me so I can get on Gurfs level

teiloh

Post#68 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:07 pm
I didn't read all the posts after this one^, but strenght strikethrough doesn't work that way. Strikethrough here is different from live.
On live every point of strenght/ws also gave a % of parry strikethrough/parry, while here it doesn't. On RoR the parry you get from ws is dynamic and depends from the attacker strenght. In partycular you get [(attacker-strenght/your-ws)x7.5]% parry. This means that different attackers will give you different parry bonus. As you can see from the formula, this bonus can't be negative. This means that you can't use strenght to negate parry gained from gear/ability/Reflexes. This means that if you spec for 4 Reflexes you have a base 18% parry that can be nagated only by strikethrough from gear, but you will never be able to stack 18% strikethrough and this means that (except for some cases) your base parry % will always be intact, more or less. The same goes for block (instead of ws you use block rate from your shield), dodge (initiative) and disrupt (wp).
Beside this, I agree that Rampage is mostly fine. But you can't have a fake Rampage on Distru, no matter the gear you use
I did some rough calculations based on what I found documented on RoR forums, but can't Furious Howl/PD take care of the remaining 18%?

Ads
Ysaran

Post#69 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:47 am

teiloh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 am
Ysaran wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:07 pm
I didn't read all the posts after this one^, but strenght strikethrough doesn't work that way. Strikethrough here is different from live.
On live every point of strenght/ws also gave a % of parry strikethrough/parry, while here it doesn't. On RoR the parry you get from ws is dynamic and depends from the attacker strenght. In partycular you get [(attacker-strenght/your-ws)x7.5]% parry. This means that different attackers will give you different parry bonus. As you can see from the formula, this bonus can't be negative. This means that you can't use strenght to negate parry gained from gear/ability/Reflexes. This means that if you spec for 4 Reflexes you have a base 18% parry that can be nagated only by strikethrough from gear, but you will never be able to stack 18% strikethrough and this means that (except for some cases) your base parry % will always be intact, more or less. The same goes for block (instead of ws you use block rate from your shield), dodge (initiative) and disrupt (wp).
Beside this, I agree that Rampage is mostly fine. But you can't have a fake Rampage on Distru, no matter the gear you use
I did some rough calculations based on what I found documented on RoR forums, but can't Furious Howl/PD take care of the remaining 18%?
Well, they can surelly decrease it a lot, but you can't negate it. Let's take IB as example. Oathbound give's you and your Oathfriend +25% parry. You just can't counter it. Also, at the base 18% from Reflexes you have to add all the parry you get from gear, which can be another 15% if builded properly (double genesi+double gunbad jewel=10%, for example). On my IB I can reach, easily, 50% parry WITHOUT the bonus from the WS. This means that to negate that 50% you can rely only on strikethrough from gear and ability. Furious Howl and PD will decrease it at 30%, but to get to 0% you should have 30 parry strikethrough on the gear and that's just impossible. it's just that doesn't exist such gear.
And obviously the same goes for Block.
I mean let's not be naive, Rampage is an extremely strong ability. Whoever says it is bad it's clearly out of mind. But it's one of the cornerstone of Order's melee meta and Destruction has other qualities and other strategies, so overall I think it's fine
Zputadenti

cursedflesh

Post#70 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:01 am

Banjomissen wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 pm So the age your forum account is equal to how seriously you should be taken? Great! Registered this account 6th of October 2015... anyone with an account created after that date aren’t allowed any opinion because I’ve been here longer!

by the power of 7th Feb 2015 i disagree
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro