Recent Topics

Ads

Solution to gear gap?

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: Solution to gear gap?

Post#11 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm

look at the later set bonuses, strikethrough vs +1 or resist. Maybe just revist Vanquisher gear and give a boost to it and / or make Invader boots/gloves BoE. And for the love of pete, lower the cost on vanquisher again, such a roadblock for new players.
-= Agony =-

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#12 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:13 pm

I think we need badly horizonal progression. Even, if conqueror would be "equal" sov, and main difference would be different procs and/or different stat focus veteran players would still have huge advantage of playing in proper groups of experienced people.

What is more, I'd untie renown points from renown ranks. People in worse gear need those 80 points for crit/FS or avoidance/FS way more than people in BiS.

yoluigi

Post#13 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Akalukz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm look at the later set bonuses, strikethrough vs +1 or resist. Maybe just revist Vanquisher gear and give a boost to it and / or make Invader boots/gloves BoE. And for the love of pete, lower the cost on vanquisher again, such a roadblock for new players.
Well the ranked gear is a better version(victorious dont remember the name) of it soo would give people the next set after vanquisher they could aim to get after vanquisher for open rvr.

Akalukz

Post#14 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:27 pm

yoluigi wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 pm
Akalukz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm look at the later set bonuses, strikethrough vs +1 or resist. Maybe just revist Vanquisher gear and give a boost to it and / or make Invader boots/gloves BoE. And for the love of pete, lower the cost on vanquisher again, such a roadblock for new players.
Well the ranked gear is a better version(victorious dont remember the name) of it soo would give people the next set after vanquisher they could aim to get after vanquisher for open rvr.
Forgot about that, but then again, it goes back to time sink to get middle of the road gear. For a large portion of the player base it seems that scenarios are seen in a negative light. Either stomp or be stomped. The game is slight power creep has started to become a mountain when looked at with a bigger lense. The renown system coupled with late game gear creates huge power gaps. Maybe they should just look at bolster and create a bolster for CR40 / RR60 and under in RvR/Scenarios.
-= Agony =-

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Easy, Sov gear is overtuned and needs to be nerfed. Its just too good above everything else.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

phononHYPE

Post#16 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm Once you get full vanq tho all RvR bags also give invader meds....
Not one, not a single one of my 13+ toons (I've deleted many) finished vanquisher before having at least 3-4 pieces of Invader. The amount of RNG that gave me x4-6 vanq gloves (or w/e) is stupid, on every toon. So sure, once your rr68+ and have 4-5 Invader and have yet to complete Vanquisher, you'll start to feel like you contribute to your team more and more. Overcoming this mid-tier is IMO the greatest problem for new players. Hell, way back when Forts were new and I got lucky as a pug dps, when I won bags I still got 3 Invader gloves from them. How messed up is that?

Short version: If you have a piece of gear, at least drastically reduce the % of a duplicate of that piece in a gold bag.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

kmark101

Post#17 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm
kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:32 pm For classes that deal physical damage type the difference is supermassive. For magical damage classes not so much.
So damage drops significantly, when someone puts on an armor potion? I am not seeing this happening. What I see is appropriate support reducing damage big time.

Exactly. Most classes you can't debuff below armor cap anymore only if you use M1 tank morale. Means you are going against the highest possible mitigation as physical dps, while magical resistance still lingering in the value of 800, which is approx a 40% mitigation, but it gets debuffed (in case of spirit damage often to 0, thanks to the various spirit debuffs of destro that are stacking on top of each other)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

kmark101

Post#18 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:13 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 pm Easy, Sov gear is overtuned and needs to be nerfed. Its just too good above everything else.

On some classes it is, for example magus sov set is god tier and turns the magus a massive damage dealer... on the other hand, offensive tank sov set was designed by some extremely clueless person. The difference is massive between sov and sov for each class.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
kirraha

Post#19 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm

yoluigi wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:24 pm Let's face it most of us that got full BIS sov gear was when we could play full time because of the confinement.
I got alot of new friends that been playing lately and are stuck with Vanquisher for a long time. If you play only 5-7 hours a week good luck getting full invader and sov. (the timing of Fort and cities)
I dont know if there any solution been in the work probably i guess but i'l put some ideas and you guys can give me some ideas on it.
Because right now i feel kinda bad killing people soo easily with a 3-6man roaming the gear gap between vanquisher and Sov is really big. For me personaly when i find the game was the best/fun was when invader/bloodlord was the max gear.

I think something that is around invader gear that can can be optain by open rvr and scenarios would be ideal like that people that play casually could eventualy get the set and be somewhat competitive.
Am not talking about getting sov easier to get. Just something to help it grind it especialy some class like 2h tanks/hybrids dont have dps gear for invader.

Solution:
-Make new gear available with vanquisher token after vanquisher (maybe the Ranked gear? We going season 2 soon anyway) Like that people can get an other set from open rvr same for scenarios.

-Remove the requirement of dungeons (gota do 3 times gunbad for Crypt, 3 Crypt for BS etc) It made sense 1 year ago but right its just annoying if they wanna get there sentinal set just let them have it from doing the dungeons and that's it. (It's a pvp game anyway)

Play more, you will earn more.

If you dont dedicate why should you get easier way to the top gear?

Imo. Its way to easy to get to rr80 aswell.

It used to be waaaay grindier and nowadays everybody just wanna ride the wave.
Ive played since server started snd grinded my gear both in wb and alone.

I work full time job and live alone in a house, yet still i spend around 10-15h/w in the game where our guild raid 6h/w.

yoluigi

Post#20 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:32 pm

kirraha wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm
yoluigi wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:24 pm Let's face it most of us that got full BIS sov gear was when we could play full time because of the confinement.
I got alot of new friends that been playing lately and are stuck with Vanquisher for a long time. If you play only 5-7 hours a week good luck getting full invader and sov. (the timing of Fort and cities)
I dont know if there any solution been in the work probably i guess but i'l put some ideas and you guys can give me some ideas on it.
Because right now i feel kinda bad killing people soo easily with a 3-6man roaming the gear gap between vanquisher and Sov is really big. For me personaly when i find the game was the best/fun was when invader/bloodlord was the max gear.

I think something that is around invader gear that can can be optain by open rvr and scenarios would be ideal like that people that play casually could eventualy get the set and be somewhat competitive.
Am not talking about getting sov easier to get. Just something to help it grind it especialy some class like 2h tanks/hybrids dont have dps gear for invader.

Solution:
-Make new gear available with vanquisher token after vanquisher (maybe the Ranked gear? We going season 2 soon anyway) Like that people can get an other set from open rvr same for scenarios.

-Remove the requirement of dungeons (gota do 3 times gunbad for Crypt, 3 Crypt for BS etc) It made sense 1 year ago but right its just annoying if they wanna get there sentinal set just let them have it from doing the dungeons and that's it. (It's a pvp game anyway)

Play more, you will earn more.

If you dont dedicate why should you get easier way to the top gear?

Imo. Its way to easy to get to rr80 aswell.

It used to be waaaay grindier and nowadays everybody just wanna ride the wave.
Ive played since server started snd grinded my gear both in wb and alone.

I work full time job and live alone in a house, yet still i spend around 10-15h/w in the game where our guild raid 6h/w.

I already have full bis armor. The differance is it was grindy when almost nobody had it at the time. Pretty sure when you grinded your invader/sov you did not fight people in full sov(maybe a few) but not as many people are right now. It's not about having it easy it's just too much of an advantage against players with vanquisher.