Recent Topics

Ads

Better population balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Better population balance.

Post#21 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm

If anyone cares, here are the reasons why Destro has -always- had more players than Order. Yes, always. No, the population does not 'ebb and flow' in the long term, Destro -always- has more.

1. Destro has better looking Important Classes. Order's important classes (slayer, white lion, kotbs, all healers) generally look dumb by comparison, so Order players pick the cool looking classes like engi, SW, WH, which are also the worst.

2. Because of this, Destro has always had a more even class distribution, making it far easier to find melee and tanks and healers, where as Order has always had a huge amount of RDPS and few tanks or healers or melee.

3. Because of this, Destro wins vastly more often because their available pool of classes to compose parties with is just better.

4. Because of this, Destro gets geared faster.

5. Because of this, Destro wins even more because now they have an overall gear advantage.

6. Because of this, players feel more incentivized to roll Destro because they have all the advantages and consistently win, particularly players who are inclined to go through the effort of actually making groups (Order almost never organizes outside of a few guilds).

7. Point 3-6 snowballs ad infinium leading to even greater population and gear gaps in the future.

EDIT:

Oh, I almost forgot!

8. Because Destro wins so much more often, the average Destro player has far more passive gold coming in, which lets them buy pots and talismans easier, leading to an even bigger gear gap.

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Mystry wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm If anyone cares, here are the reasons why Destro has -always- had more players than Order. Yes, always. No, the population does not 'ebb and flow' in the long term, Destro -always- has more.

1. Destro has better looking Important Classes. Order's important classes (slayer, white lion, kotbs, all healers) generally look dumb by comparison, so Order players pick the cool looking classes like engi, SW, WH, which are also the worst.

2. Because of this, Destro has always had a more even class distribution, making it far easier to find melee and tanks and healers, where as Order has always had a huge amount of RDPS and few tanks or healers or melee.

3. Because of this, Destro wins vastly more often because their available pool of classes to compose parties with is just better.

4. Because of this, Destro gets geared faster.

5. Because of this, Destro wins even more because now they have an overall gear advantage.

6. Because of this, players feel more incentivized to roll Destro because they have all the advantages and consistently win, particularly players who are inclined to go through the effort of actually making groups (Order almost never organizes outside of a few guilds).

7. Point 3-6 snowballs ad infinium leading to even greater population and gear gaps in the future.

EDIT:

Oh, I almost forgot!

8. Because Destro wins so much more often, the average Destro player has far more passive gold coming in, which lets them buy pots and talismans easier, leading to an even bigger gear gap.

Yep 100% this.

Sadly I don't think things will ever change..... hope I'm wrong about that.

Earthcake

Post#23 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 am

Could we stop with that "look better" argument plz ?

Do they look better ? Yes.
Does that matter ? Not much, MANY players would play a pile of dirt if that would make them win more.

Look at goblins, they were very few 1 year ago, then their counter got nerfed several times and they got buffed, now half destro are goblins.
Players are humans, humans naturally go through the path of least resistance, so they roll whatever they can win (or gain something) more easily with.

Engi, SW and WH are not the most picked cuz of the look, but cuz u can play them and gain renown without bothering to group with the order only one tank on the server.

Ysaran

Post#24 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:07 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm If anyone cares, here are the reasons why Destro has -always- had more players than Order. Yes, always. No, the population does not 'ebb and flow' in the long term, Destro -always- has more.
my bad, probably i just imagined the months of order dominance.
Zputadenti

normanis

Post#25 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:53 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:07 am
my bad, probably i just imagined the months of order dominance.
yes stop dreaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5WUmc ... ztofJaniuk
Last edited by normanis on Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Likeaboss

Post#26 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 am

just take a look when Order population goes up...

It goes up when Destro has raided Altdorf 1* 3 times and UV gains 5* ;)
Then Order pushes IC and magicaly still Destro is the realm, waiting outside city for a pop :lol:

Why push for another 1* Altdorf, when you can have a 5* IC?
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:37 am

Well, since the ENDGAME RVR is tied to pop imbalance we need less pop balance...

inoeth
Suspended

Post#28 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 am

imo the problem is that destro melees do alot more dmg and in open fights order cant stand this. order is good in narrow spaces but there are not many. also order has a slight disadvantage at healers, AM is basicly free rp while the counter part class shaman has detaunt tactic and run away tactic. well and ppl want to do some dmg and not just stand around doing nothing (tanks) or getting insta killed. thats why there are so many ranged dps on order :D

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#29 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:52 am

Destro has more passive gold income from winning cities, therefore poor order is struggling to buy a pot or talisman. I am about to make a signature from this man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch more Zarbix, he does regular giveaways :D
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

youngooze

Post#30 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:01 pm

I am very new to the game so my input probably doesnt mean much but I agree that I think to most people destro classes look cooler than order classes.

Myself I started playing as a black orc due to the looks. Sometime last week though We were winning almost every siege and that to me personally got quite booring as I prefer to play on the "underdog" side. I have now swapped to playing a slayer on the order side.

Most people just enjoy more to win, looking at tier 1 scenarios on order compared to destro I think i've won maybe 5% total of my scenarios when playing order and it happens that people start raging and are toxic towards eachother due to the constant losses.

However the overall balance in population are swinging only by 5% or so and it swings back and forth from my limited experience.