Recent Topics

Ads

Phoenix Gate scenario, biased for destro, why never fixed?

Let's talk about... everything else
Strakar

Re: Phoenix Gate scenario, biased for destro, why never fixed?

Post#21 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:57 pm

I think we're missing the point that of course it's never going to be an uncontested sprint to return the flag to the middle, but more distance means more time to intercept the carrier for one team. Equal distance would be better.

That being said, I played it from both sides this weekend with varying levels of dominance or ineptitude from my team. Grpup comp, skill and strategy play a larger role.

Ads
Meliannia

Post#22 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Strakar wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:57 pm I think we're missing the point that of course it's never going to be an uncontested sprint to return the flag to the middle, but more distance means more time to intercept the carrier for one team. Equal distance would be better.

Exactly, worrying here that many people are missing this simple premise or choosing to

snares, punts, hamstring, roots, KDs are a SECONDARY action that both teams can do, they are a reaction to someone taking the flag. this is irrelevant to this post

the PRIMARY issue is the distances are unequal by a LONG way.

The distances should be the same then it's down to each team to slow/hamper the flag a carrier, if the distances are equal and one team does a better job restricting the flag carrier's progress, that's fine as paint, but the distances should be equal to begin with, it's pretty obvious to any fair-minded person.

Detangler

Post#23 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:21 am

If this is true then it should be equalized.

Also fix the warcamps in Caledor Woods so Order doesn't have a head start to the flag every time. I can move as soon as the counter hits zero and bee line for the entrance to the ruins ony to see entire order groups already past the ruins long before I can get there. Huge advantage in a single cap game cause one slow/snare from a smart Order player and there's no one to stop the easy first cap. Easily a 100 point advantage by the time destro takes control of flag assuming a besr case scenario quick wipe and ending with the invincible knight standing by himself.

Please fix this too while you're at it.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zulnam

Post#24 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 am

Just out of curiosity and to better understand the issue: how were these measurements taken?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Darks63

Post#25 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:46 am

maybe its to balance out that order can hit their flag with the siege in the warcamp
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:59 am

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#27 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:05 pm

I wonder if the RoR devs could perhaps make which side the guards spawn in on at the beginning of the match, i.e. the starting point where we load in, random? So on any given match your realm could be on either starting point?

Meliannia

Post#28 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Psychopski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:05 pm I wonder if the RoR devs could perhaps make which side the guards spawn in on at the beginning of the match, i.e. the starting point where we load in, random? So on any given match your realm could be on either starting point?
this is a great idea too, would save messing with the map construction, just randomise who starts north or south

Ads
Everdin

Post#29 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:46 pm

I can't believe there are people say "this doesn't matter because....", how Stupid are these answers? If it is 1 of 10 SC where both sides takes the flags same time and one side can cash in points faster (and at this point A LOT faster) due to some map design, this should be focused asap.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Mordd

Post#30 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:52 pm

The destro defending this just show how they need their advantages. They dont want an even game. They are the type that run games on easy mode with cheat codes.