Recent Topics

Ads

WH or WE ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vendials

WH or WE ?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:50 pm

Hey ! i'm torn between theses two classes, can you guys tell me the pro & con of each pls ? also i already know that they're not super great in city, but in term of solo play and the most well rounded between both of them, thx

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: WH or WE ?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:57 pm

They are both terrible, and you should not try to play them.

I am not saying this to be mean. I am not saying this to try and discourage you. I am saying this because it is objectively true and I want to spare you the pain of trying to play WH/WE like I went through, because I also thought they were cool when I started.

Every single melee class is miles better in every category. Every single one. You want a good time? Play a white lion or slayer if you're Order, or a marauder or choppa if you're Destro.

WH/WE have literally nothing going for them, and no one wants them for anything.

Krima

Post#3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 pm

Both useless for grp play.
- Good for solo play
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Vendials

Post#4 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Thx for your reply guys, but i will stick with thoses classe even if they're trash, i like the look of both, i just want to know the pro & con of each, and which is the best between them to make this less hard to choose one of them

Atropik

Post#5 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:11 am

Vendials wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:50 pm Hey ! i'm torn between theses two classes, can you guys tell me the pro & con of each pls ? also i already know that they're not super great in city, but in term of solo play and the most well rounded between both of them, thx
As a WH you will have much better tools/abilities for soloroam in general (+100%parry, BaL), but your worst enemies - mSH, mostro Mara, dps shammy, def. magus, destro tanks, dps dok, will give you hard time. It will take you time and lots of game knowledge to learn how to beat them, though its not even always possible. Wh is more like easy to learn - hard to master class. You can beat 80+ choppa as a lvl 36 wh, but totally smashed and destroyed by lvl 50 dps shammy at your 80+ without even a chance to hit him once.

WE is highly dependant on its renown and gear and still more friendly for new/less experienced players, WE tools are not so ultimative and deadly for some of your most common enemies, at lvl 36 you will have no chance to win 80+slayer. But being top-geared and experienced you will meet only few orders who can actually stand against you.

Thats why I personally play WE, though I like WH animations and appearance much more.

Does wh/we worth playing? - Depends on you preferences, these two are ultimately the best choice for soloing+small scale roam and worst for any kind of organized group play. As a side not - it keeps your interested in playing the game much longer thn any other class, - thats for sure.
Nicelook | Obey

Starx

Post#6 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am

New players get the impression that stealth class = good solo, this game or at least this server that's not really the case.

This isn't daoc or wow, eso etc... where stealth lets you escape fights or where you can even just passively sit in stealth and pick your fights... you have to sit VISIBLE hiding somewhere to wait and stealth then move in. It's just not great. I think mythic got a lot of feedback about how lame stealthier were in daoc and just went overboard toning it down for warhammer.

Then there is the case that the zone design and way people play now you will have a hard time doing anything beyond sitting in extremely low pop density parts of the maps where you can pick a straggler off and hope that no one comes along a few seconds later and kill you bc you cant vanish and your essentially a sitting duck after you pop on someone.

The best solo classes to play on this server are Engineer/Magus and archmage, use your superior range to hide in a zerg, hide in some lame spot on the map or the most common... keep walls to pick people off and make their lives hell. Theres a reason like 1/3rd of the pug population on order is engineers. Stealth in this game is ass, being 100+ft shitting out damage and positioning well suits solo players better here.

If you just want to play the stealth archetype and think its cool go for WH. It is the king of 1v1 in melee vs melee and has great burst options to **** out insane dmg in a few seconds even while being kited thanks to things like BaL. And beyond that destro just has worse solo classes, less magus than engineers to deal with the matchups 1v1 favor order in almost every single catergory there is. But expect to die a lot, over and over again, compared to much safer ranged solos.

Vendials

Post#7 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Thx for your answers guys, i will go as a WH then, do you have somes build to share pls ?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:34 pm

most go for BaL, pistol whip, sanctified oil, fanatical cleansing and repel blasphemy
this build is for fighting other melees mainly.
sometimes enough for healers but mostly healers are a no go
good vs magus/sorc too

Ads
Vendials

Post#9 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Thx, so what exactly is my role if i'm not here to focus down healer ?? oh and do we ever use Trial by pain and burn heretic ?

Twohandernoob

Post#10 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Witch Hunters have hats. And a gun.

Witch Elves look like Victoria Secrets models which is very frowned upon we recently learnt