Recent Topics

Ads

The Siege of Praag

Let's talk about... everything else
JackieC

Re: The Siege of Praag

Post#11 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm

I don't normally make any comments on the forum, but I have to speak my mind here. My husband and I have played this weekend event over 50 times between the two of us. I have 3 of the 7 tasks done and I have not made it to the basic reward, and my husband's record is about the same. First off, this is an event that heavily favors Destruction. Capturing the South Central Praag and Praag flags multiple times is ridiculous, and capturing all of them is almost impossible. I realize that some of you in Order have had some good luck in this, but I am not one of those people. I also realize that weekend premades for Destruction is a given, but unfortunately I can't change my sleep schedule to avoid getting over run each and every weekend. This event should be one that is fair for all of it's players, and to be honest, I haven't had this much difficulty in any of the weekend events that I have played over the last month or so. This one is the exception, but it should be tweaked so it isn't favored too heavily for either side. Just my thoughts over my frustration. Getting a renoun potion is not worth all of this aggravation.

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#12 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:20 pm

The biggest issue is that in order to complete the tasks the best strategy is to abandon your team to capture the last flags. So while you are still fighting with the team 1-2 people go for the last flag to get the credit and screw the rest.
Such behaviour should never be encouraged.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

skylinx

Post#13 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:35 pm

ive suggested that the team in charge could release the data from sc weekend live events. Order then might finally realise what most suspect and have it clearly defined in actual data, it might even change one or two players to think about classes they play and how they play the game and could help order move forward. data i suggest would be win rates, surrender votes, successful surrenders, tank/mdps/rdps/healer comp %, if poss how many premades queue each faction, queue data i/e how many of each class are in the queue?? so far the answer has been 'they dont see what we would learn' from this data

my data

Dok played 10 won 9 order surrendered 6
SW played 10 lost 10 order surrendered 8

overall

destro win 19
order win 1
order surrender votes 14
death ratio roughly destro 1:25 order

billyk

Post#14 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Twyxx wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:26 pm
billyk wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 pm You need to right-click the flags in this sc. It's different for each sc if you have to click em or just stand near em.

Also, weekend events = destro premades and it doesn't help xrealmers sabotage order to help their buddies get the live event objectives.
Lmaooo you’re joking right? Xrealmers infiltrated the scs?
It's either that or bots. It's impossible for humans to play that stupidly.

billyk

Post#15 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:36 pm

inoeth wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:13 pm well when you see order healers with numbers around 30k healed and destro healers have 300k ....
It's called twinks.

Also everyone should get enemy addon, usually the class imbalance ("all engies and SWs") doesn't exist. If anything, order lacks tanks, but that simple fact is that destro classes are simply mechanically stronger than order classes.

p00ky

Post#16 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 pm

billyk wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Also, weekend events = destro premades and it doesn't help xrealmers sabotage order to help their buddies get the live event objectives.
wow some ridiculous accusation inc :mrgreen: you better have more proof than words if not we will have to guess ur age is under 15.

p00ky

Post#17 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm

skylinx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:35 pm ive suggested that the team in charge could release the data from sc weekend live events. Order then might finally realise what most suspect and have it clearly defined in actual data, it might even change one or two players to think about classes they play and how they play the game and could help order move forward. data i suggest would be win rates, surrender votes, successful surrenders, tank/mdps/rdps/healer comp %, if poss how many premades queue each faction, queue data i/e how many of each class are in the queue?? so far the answer has been 'they dont see what we would learn' from this data

my data

Dok played 10 won 9 order surrendered 6
SW played 10 lost 10 order surrendered 8

overall

destro win 19
order win 1
order surrender votes 14
death ratio roughly destro 1:25 order
Just wanted to add my matches which finished 1 hour ago. I setup a 6 man group, 3 guildies and 3 randoms, we won 11 out of 11 matches as order. Crazy farm. If destro get a 6 man together, do it yourself, its not hard. You will actually stomp them most times. Most of us were wearing full vanq btw.

TreefAM

Post#18 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:40 pm

My last 10 or so scs on order were absolute stomps as well
1 guildy 2friends and 2more randoms we pushed destro into their spawn every single time and farmed them to the point that we logged destro now to find better fights.

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Gotta say, I love Praag, but after completing the event on 7 characters I can go with a good, long break from the place.

My toons were various. I managed to do it on all my max lvl Order boys (IB, Knight, SW), some of my 30s (SM, Slayer, WP) and even on my destro 40 Mara (who's still in Annihilator gear cause cba).

Some notes for people:
- timing is everything; order and destro have some hours throughout the day when each faction seems to dominate SCs. when in those hours you get a lot of wins or a lot of losses; outside those hours it's fair game for the most tryhard pug
- meta spec is important: I went SnB on all tanks (i very rarely SnB in SCs), healer on the WP. if you want to win you have to put the effort and play responsibly
- every dps that can AoE should AoE. this is a very tight 24v24 SC; people playing AoE classes in ST mode are a detriment
- ninja capping and flanking is very useful; You don't need to win a match to get the cap. In fact you only need 1 win in the entire event (for the all 5 BOs objective)
- if the enemies are on flag always aoe on flag
- if the enemies are close to a flag and going for cap always charge in and attack. Melee can throw axes/knives/whatever to break cap, mdps can charge, pouncers pounce, mara pulls
- stop being scared of dying. Go in and do your job, this is a war game, not "everyone gets everything" simulator. Get in that meat grinder
- if you die close to flag but your team is winning the engagement don't release. you will get the cap
- if you keep losing take a 30-60min break. obviously the current roster is not in your favour. wait for enemy to finish the event and move on, wait for potato teammates to leave
- remember there are 5 slots for "top player": DBs, Damage, Healing, Protection and OBJECTIVE. If your gear/skills are too low to get a top medal in the first 4, focus on OBJECTIVE

Now some might say that flanking and ninja capping is not nice to the team; I argue that if players actually focused and maintained situational awareness they would not lose the ninja cap. The number of times i saw 10-15 people or more just getting kited like mobs by the enemey to their wall, on both sides, is just incredible. It's like people get tunnel vision and switch to 180 pixel viewport. By the time they wake up and push next flag, enemy has already capped it and it's below 40s.

Look at the UI, check the big map often. objectives on screen start to flicker when they are being or have been capped. Once you have 20s to cap you need to disengage and get ready to move (or straight up go if the enemy is not advancing). Once an objective is below 10s you can go, since it takes 10s to cap an objective so locking it is assured.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Evilest

Post#20 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 am

JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm First off, this is an event that heavily favors Destruction. Capturing the South Central Praag and Praag flags multiple times is ridiculous, and capturing all of them is almost impossible.
Oh really. I guess that I had to take North and North Central as destro is a bug then.
JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm I haven't had this much difficulty in any of the weekend events that I have played over the last month or so. This one is the exception, but it should be tweaked so it isn't favored too heavily for either side. Just my thoughts over my frustration. Getting a renoun potion is not worth all of this aggravation.
Must be nice to complete weekend events without difficulty almost all the time. I'll let you know as soon as it happens here.