Recent Topics

Ads

The Siege of Praag

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: The Siege of Praag

Post#21 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 am

It is kind of funny destruction being overpop forces them to form groups to get pops (at all) and order just mostly solo q.

It means one side get much more random YOLOs and that in turn affect outcome.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
billyk

Post#22 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:09 am

p00ky wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 pm wow some ridiculous accusation inc :mrgreen: you better have more proof than words if not we will have to guess ur age is under 15.
xrealmer spotted.

skylinx

Post#23 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 am

I get the argument for making a group but what do you do when the class, level and gear are undesirable? If I had a rr40 Wh in merc gear or a rr40 BW in ruin gear. Would you take them? Would you win then?

Soloq result is similar to city, you get all the undesirables, plus the fact one faction has more active tanks and healers and, in general, a larger population pool to build from.

Order undesirables

Shadow warrior
Engineer
Witch hunter
Bright wizard
Any dps healer, as order lack active healers in general pop

Destro undesirables

Witch elf
Possibly dps healers, however, as destro pop many healers, some of them being dps might be useful.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 am

Evilest wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 am
JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm First off, this is an event that heavily favors Destruction. Capturing the South Central Praag and Praag flags multiple times is ridiculous, and capturing all of them is almost impossible.
Oh really. I guess that I had to take North and North Central as destro is a bug then.
JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm I haven't had this much difficulty in any of the weekend events that I have played over the last month or so. This one is the exception, but it should be tweaked so it isn't favored too heavily for either side. Just my thoughts over my frustration. Getting a renoun potion is not worth all of this aggravation.
Must be nice to complete weekend events without difficulty almost all the time. I'll let you know as soon as it happens here.
well out of 60 SCs i played, order won 5. most time order was getting pushed towards the red wall making it incredibly easy for destro to cap the flags.
Must be nice to complete weekend events without difficulty almost all the time as a destro.

btw i managed to get the top player medal now but could not finish the two cap flags quests, therefore all the work for just the rp potition..... really disappointing

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:41 am

billyk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:33 pm
Twyxx wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:26 pm
billyk wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 pm You need to right-click the flags in this sc. It's different for each sc if you have to click em or just stand near em.

Also, weekend events = destro premades and it doesn't help xrealmers sabotage order to help their buddies get the live event objectives.
Lmaooo you’re joking right? Xrealmers infiltrated the scs?
It's either that or bots. It's impossible for humans to play that stupidly.
Dont be modest, you dont need any help from xrealmers for that...

Also, every destro class is totally OP and dont need any kind of sabotage to stomp order...

zulnam

Post#26 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:56 am

skylinx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 am I get the argument for making a group but what do you do when the class, level and gear are undesirable? If I had a rr40 Wh in merc gear or a rr40 BW in ruin gear. Would you take them? Would you win then?

Soloq result is similar to city, you get all the undesirables, plus the fact one faction has more active tanks and healers and, in general, a larger population pool to build from.

Order undesirables

Shadow warrior
Engineer
Witch hunter
Bright wizard

Destro undesirables

Witch elf
Possibly dps healers, however, as destro pop many healers, some of them being dps might be useful.
That list is not accurate And really is more of a skills issue than anything else.
First off, both sides groan when they see dps healers. You say destro has many healers, but that does not mean all those healers are playing scenarios. I've seen SCs were destro had no healers, or where they had one dps DoK. Doubt that guy was very popular.

Engineer I don't want to get into it. If they weren't a billion, if 99% of them didn't play ST spec, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
Shadow Warrior same as engi. They have a good AoE spec, they have a good melee spec with armor penetration, pounce and burst. What do they play? The static ST range spec or they go skirmish but not AoE. *facepalm*
BW is a bit crap in SCs, I agree. Hard to play well in SCs, but doable. Again mainly a skills issue, since in SCs (like city) you need to be constantly moving.

WH/WE? Man those classes are great for flag capping SCs. Problem is very few realise their best ability is Incognito and ninja capping flags. They just want to act as WL and go and hit order melee blob (usually tank too, cause if you're gonna potato you might as well potato all the way).
When Khaine's Embrace SC event was up a few weekends ago I was in a WH mood and played him a lot during that. I had matches in which I was literally carrying our entire team, thanks solely to me ninja capping the flag and then surviving until the tick. Remember cameras are locked close and most players have names turned off. I've literally been next to 2 destros who didn't see me out of incognito and capped. WH needs to be played guerilla style, not like a slayer.
If you're a WH the best people you can team up for SCs are other WHs. A 2/3 man team of stealthers going around the back, ganking people who just ressed and are going to the frontline or ninja capping flags. This wins scenarios, not topping charts.
Last edited by zulnam on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

JackieC

Post#27 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Evilest wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 am
JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm First off, this is an event that heavily favors Destruction. Capturing the South Central Praag and Praag flags multiple times is ridiculous, and capturing all of them is almost impossible.
Oh really. I guess that I had to take North and North Central as destro is a bug then.
JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm I haven't had this much difficulty in any of the weekend events that I have played over the last month or so. This one is the exception, but it should be tweaked so it isn't favored too heavily for either side. Just my thoughts over my frustration. Getting a renoun potion is not worth all of this aggravation.
Must be nice to complete weekend events without difficulty almost all the time. I'll let you know as soon as it happens here.
[/quote

First off, I apologize if my post was a bit confusing. My point is that this weekend's event was the worst one that I have seen yet. How points were tallied made it very difficult (especially if you are on the losing side) to get completions on some or most of the tasks. Sometimes I was at the flag when we turned it and didn't get credit, and sometimes the group turned a flag when I was running back after dying, and I still lost out on the credit. So, either I didn't click it right or was more than 30 units out or I blinked and missed it. It shouldn't be that difficult to get a toon to the first level of rewards. I am still low level and don't expect to live long, and I always run into the furball to hit the healers/casters. If dying was a category in a scenerio, I would've won that category first, hands down. Lol

I understand the whole deal about Destro being strong during part of the day and Order being strong during other parts. I was lucky enough to get in on a couple of good scenerios early in the weekend. After that, it all went to crap. One thing that I do believe is the joining the sc's solo or as a group makes a huge difference, with the "solo" side of the scenerio being gimped from the start. Has anyone else seen this?

I certainly hope that the devs tweak this particular sc before they roll it out for another weekend event. It would also be nice if they had a weekend event set up for solo players only. It would make a more fair fight for both sides. This is all just my opinion, which comes from my frustration over the weekend.

p00ky

Post#28 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:21 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:56 am
skylinx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 am I get the argument for making a group but what do you do when the class, level and gear are undesirable? If I had a rr40 Wh in merc gear or a rr40 BW in ruin gear. Would you take them? Would you win then?

Order undesirables

Shadow warrior
Engineer
Witch hunter
Bright wizard

Destro undesirables

Witch elf
That list is not accurate And really is more of a skills issue than anything else.
First off, both sides groan when they see dps healers. You say destro has many healers, but that does not mean all those healers are playing scenarios. I've seen SCs were destro had no healers, or where they had one dps DoK. Doubt that guy was very popular.

What he sais:
a) its down to individual skill of players you are grouped with more than enlisting those you dont like ( I saw so many slayers just stand and facetank 2-3 destro dps even though not guarded, doesnt mean I add them on your list, they just bad players).
b) many times destro had 0 healers and order was packed with them, both sides complain on same facts.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#29 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 pm

funny thing in praag sc: you cannot ninja a flag there because there is only one flag capable at a time and guess who is always there? the blob.

wachlarz

Post#30 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:01 pm

its q symulator prob. Its premade vs pug. In both sides.