Recent Topics

Ads

The Siege of Praag

Let's talk about... everything else
Meliannia

Re: The Siege of Praag

Post#31 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:41 pm

JackieC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm I don't normally make any comments on the forum, but I have to speak my mind here. My husband and I have played this weekend event over 50 times between the two of us. I have 3 of the 7 tasks done and I have not made it to the basic reward, and my husband's record is about the same. this is an event that heavily favours Destruction.
Just my thoughts over my frustration. Getting a renown potion is not worth all of this aggravation.

This post made me sad, and is the prevalent and most common Order experience atm with event scen and i was going to reply to it, but as my reply grew in length i decided to make a separate thread regarding the whole event scen weekend issue, please see my main post and put your opinions/amendments

Swords In the Wind!

The Mel.

Ads
billyk

Post#32 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:09 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:41 am Dont be modest, you dont need any help from xrealmers for that...

Also, every destro class is totally OP and dont need any kind of sabotage to stomp order...
The type of people who play Destro are all exploiters and griefers so they do it anyway.

The xrealmer theory makes sense and explains all the weird little things that Order players pull. For example, why would Order throw maps when Destro wins cities? The explanation: Xrealmers throw maps on Order, then relog Destro to get their royals in cities. That's also why you have a sudden huge drop in Order pop every time city happens.

zulnam

Post#33 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Me: *gives list of what to do for order so they complete events*

Order: *ignores it and continues whining*

Yep, sounds about right.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Zorvax

Post#34 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:02 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:41 pm Now some might say that flanking and ninja capping is not nice to the team; I argue that if players actually focused and maintained situational awareness they would not lose the ninja cap. The number of times i saw 10-15 people or more just getting kited like mobs by the enemey to their wall, on both sides, is just incredible. It's like people get tunnel vision and switch to 180 pixel viewport. By the time they wake up and push next flag, enemy has already capped it and it's below 40s.

Look at the UI, check the big map often. objectives on screen start to flicker when they are being or have been capped. Once you have 20s to cap you need to disengage and get ready to move (or straight up go if the enemy is not advancing). Once an objective is below 10s you can go, since it takes 10s to cap an objective so locking it is assured.
This was the biggest issue I saw this weekend, so much tunnel vision. I played both on my destro and order alts and so many time I'd be trying to hold the flag/stop the cap alone against 3-5 enemies while the rest of my team was dragged away to fight 2 people over in a corner. By the time they realized what was going on it'd be too late and we'd be pushed back to the previous objective. I was finally able to complete all the objectives on order when I grouped up with a few friends to queue. Lot of great tips in zulnam's post.